POLL DAMAGED SWELLING BATTERIES M2’s
123Next >
3984 83 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 9-18 02:10
Why the snarky response? Just because you could?

Yes, you can see the voter's choice.
2019-9-26
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

Dji agreed to provide me with a free replacement M2 battery to replace a third swollen one. Thanks DJI! (Replacements for the previous two were offered at a 20% discount.)

I went to collect the free battery today at the Hong Kong flagship store and there happened to be a Mavic 2 customer ahead of me - with around 8 to 10 swollen M2 batteries on the counter.

Across these and other forums the consensus indicates that it's mainly batteries manufactured in mid-2018 which are prone to the swelling issue. However, time will tell. I'll be watching the only remaining battery I have that was manufactured in 2018-07 for swelling but so far it seems okay.
2019-9-27
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-18 02:21
The real question is what battery chargers are people using?  I've been using the 4x DJI charger and have zero issues.

Well im using an rc geeks 4 in 1 charger....it charges all three of my batterys fine no swelling. So while you do have a point a bout aftermarket stuff, dji's stock charger is not to trust worthy itself.

Mavic 2 purchased feb of 2019
Grabbed fly more all 3 of my batteries are from 9/18 and no swelling each have over 70 cycles each.
2019-9-27
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

houdini Posted at 9-25 11:18
Never had a swollen battery but did have a battery error once where one cell was off by .04 V. The battery had a 2017.5 date and had only 31 charges.  Using it now as a charging battery for my wife's reading lamp. Work great for that.

5/2017? Is this for regular mavic pro? Pretty sure poll is about the mav 2 correct?
2019-9-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-27 17:05
Well im using an rc geeks 4 in 1 charger....it charges all three of my batterys fine no swelling. So while you do have a point a bout aftermarket stuff, dji's stock charger is not to trust worthy itself.

Mavic 2 purchased feb of 2019

I have stock DJI chargers and no batteries swell either.

Batteries can start to puff when they aren't used for a long time at high voltage.  Greater than 3.80V.
2019-9-27
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft

Well, I have 4 batteries, all bought September 2018 (on release day that is) – 1st one came with M2P, the next two with Fly More kit and the 4th was bought separately (and arrived together with Fly More). #4 is slightly swollen, the other three are OK. All charged with DJI charger + hub.
2019-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-27 18:33
I have stock DJI chargers and no batteries swell either.

Batteries can start to puff when they aren't used for a long time at high voltage.  Greater than 3.80V.

Using third party chargers is a doh moment, you won’t get many admitting to this .
2019-9-28
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-27 17:07
5/2017? Is this for regular mavic pro? Pretty sure poll is about the mav 2 correct?

Jimmy,
You are correct it was for the Mavic Pro. I looked at the wrong battery when I wrote the reply. The M2P batteries never had a problem.
Thank for catching my mistake.
2019-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

houdini Posted at 9-28 06:55
Jimmy,
You are correct it was for the Mavic Pro. I looked at the wrong battery when I wrote the reply. The M2P batteries never had a problem.
Thank for catching my mistake.

Think he meant other way around, thread is about M2, however all batteries can be included.
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-28 01:32
Using third party chargers is a doh moment, you won’t get many admitting to this .

I have to use 3rd party for my RC lipos.
2019-9-28
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

I use a third party charger why would it be a duh moment hallmark? The rcgeeks charger is quite nice
2019-9-29
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>

it,s matter of high tempruture while using the battery, or storing the battery in high temberture enviroment.
the date of manufacture it dos'nt effect at all, is matter of tecnology of manufacturing LiPo Battery.

the high tempruture is the worst enemy for LiPo Battery.

most who had SWELLING eather they leave it in car (some times when the temprutre out side 30c it can reach  up to 47 c inside the car when it exposee to the sun)
2019-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 9-29 20:45
I use a third party charger why would it be a duh moment hallmark? The rcgeeks charger is quite nice

Because telling dji you are using third party charger and you have swelling with your batteries will void your warranty.
Your third party charger may well be ok, but this is not all about you .
2019-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Wfuzaia Posted at 9-30 20:48
it,s matter of high tempruture while using the battery, or storing the battery in high temberture enviroment.
the date of manufacture it dos'nt effect at all, is matter of tecnology of manufacturing LiPo Battery.

I’m beginning to think you might have a point there .
2019-10-1
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-1 03:38
I’m beginning to think you might have a point there .

i lost 4 M2pro battery because of SWELLING, they were left inside the car all day while exposed to sun
2019-10-1
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>

dronie1965 Posted at 9-17 23:53
Bought the extension mp2 kit 19 oct 2018 , used them
many times ,  no swollen (yet)

I have 5 bats.
4 fabricated 08/2018(around 70-80 cycles per bat)
1 x 07/2018 (25 cycles)
No swollen yet
2019-10-2
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 10-1 03:37
Because telling dji you are using third party charger and you have swelling with your batteries will void your warranty.
Your third party charger may well be ok, but this is not all about you .
What? Who said it was all about me? See here u go again with your sly comments....if anyone had half a brain why would they even admit that when having swelling issues. U might as well not even post on the board because dji would laugh at u. and most def would be using the stock charger....u just made it seem like anyone using a 3rd party charger is a jackAzz. The stock charger for mavic 2 is a little sketchy it gets super hot and wouldnt trust charging remote with batteries at same time. (Pretty sure dji says not to do this) i just didnt like how hot it got felt like it was going to catch fire. Did a little research on forums and some other guys had same problem.
2019-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-4 20:36
What? Who said it was all about me? See here u go again with your sly comments....if anyone had half a brain why would they even admit that when having swelling issues. U might as well not even post on the board because dji would laugh at u. and most def would be using the stock charger....u just made it seem like anyone using a 3rd party charger is a jackAzz. The stock charger for mavic 2 is a little sketchy it gets super hot and wouldnt trust charging remote with batteries at same time. (Pretty sure dji says not to do this) i just didnt like how hot it got felt like it was going to catch fire. Did a little research on forums and some other guys had same problem.

You seem to have no problem making an idiot out of yourself, so no pressure on me to do it.

Nobody with swelling batteries is going to admit to using third party charger that was my point I don’t require you to make it for me .
2019-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hallmark i understand that u dirty  c∆m stain! Why are u always so negative? I stated that people with half a brain would know this already, but no....u always got to throw a jab in there. So ill ask u again cupcake.....what are u talking about?  U seem to really like calling people names on this forum idk why? Maybe your home life is pitiful.  You have been proven wrong so many times before by me i guess it just irks u. I can understand jealousy sucks and so does being wrong old man. Def don't dig the fact that u call people names or belittle them when u feel like it on the forum. What a grouch! Btw u should really learn how to properly do a poll thread. What a sh#t show ....
....i wish keyboard warriors like yourself would just stop with the whole tough guy personna ....half tempted to buy a ticket to ireland or whatever hole your from and show u a few moves. U prob are sitting in mommys basement in front of a 2010 compaq desktop in tightie whities and pink bootie fluffy socks.
2019-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-5 04:29
Hallmark i understand that u dirty  c∆m stain! Why are u always so negative? I stated that people with half a brain would know this already, but no....u always got to throw a jab in there. So ill ask u again cupcake.....what are u talking about?  U seem to really like calling people names on this forum idk why? Maybe your home life is pitiful.  You have been proven wrong so many times before by me i guess it just irks u. I can understand jealousy sucks and so does being wrong old man. Def don't dig the fact that u call people names or belittle them when u feel like it on the forum. What a grouch! Btw u should really learn how to properly do a poll thread. What a sh#t show ....
....i wish keyboard warriors like yourself would just stop with the whole tough guy personna ....half tempted to buy a ticket to ireland or whatever hole your from and show u a few moves. U prob are sitting in mommys basement in front of a 2010 compaq desktop in tightie whities and pink bootie fluffy socks.

First you need to read very closely your own posts, you seem to have made it your business trolling me calling me the most abusive names, particularly when I have had no confrontation with you, I see you have done the same with other members here on this and phantom forum, now I don’t ever comment on your posts unless it’s directly directed at me , now be so kind and do the same yourself, no one on this thread wants to read your diatribe keep it to yourself, you said the thread is useless, so on your bike find someone else to troll .
2019-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ok now u are not making sense i also don't frequent the phantom forums ...nor act out towards other members here like u do....so now you lie, and can't take any criticism let alone tell the truth . You are literally the only member that i have a problem with. I am a nice guy but i will not let some old quack belittle me...."oh only idiots would do that oh your the idiot, rah rah rah" ...and if u really wanted to go titt for tatt i can link like 30 of your posts just trying to make a mockery of people. You think your slick because you will try to answer the persons question but will always be condescending... I think i stated how i felt im done with your lame a$$
2019-10-5
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

i purchased my M2P in October 2018 with 3 batteries ,
in Sep 2019 one of the battery swelled that was manufactured in Sep 2018.
Rest of the batteries earlier replaced during the care fresh replacement with the batteries manufactured in may2019 and all so far Ok
The swelled battery was only recharged 10 times but mainly because stored long time without discharged,   hope new discharge time option on DJI Go 4 could save rest the batteries I have.
2019-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Akozc i have 3 from sept of 2018 no swelling....how many flights did u have on that one? I have about 80 on each all good.
2019-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-5 07:03
Ok now u are not making sense i also don't frequent the phantom forums ...nor act out towards other members here like u do....so now you lie, and can't take any criticism let alone tell the truth . You are literally the only member that i have a problem with. I am a nice guy but i will not let some old quack belittle me...."oh only idiots would do that oh your the idiot, rah rah rah" ...and if u really wanted to go titt for tatt i can link like 30 of your posts just trying to make a mockery of people. You think your slick because you will try to answer the persons question but will always be condescending... I think i stated how i felt im done with your lame a$$

Your still here on this crap thread, (your sentiments) you Hold yourself in very high esteem , your all mouth and no trousers hopefully your done now and can move on to some thread that needs your foul mouth .
2019-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-5 08:44
Akozc i have 3 from sept of 2018 no swelling....how many flights did u have on that one? I have about 80 on each all good.

Again I see your still here making no sense.

Akozc clearly said one of his batteries from 2018 had swelling , and it clears up my point about the fact that you spend your time commenting on stuff you fail to read .
2019-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Why do u keep starting with me? Yes he said he had one from 9/18 ....i stated i had 3 that were good from this particular month and asked him how many flights he had on .....i see now he had 10 flights now which is a bummer....u are really reaching.
2019-10-5
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>

How do you get the date your battery was manufactured? I have 3 failed in recent months.. Not sure when I bought. I believe 2 were when drone was new.

Figured it out.

2019-10-5
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>

Here is my battery situation

0P2AF6V53403FJ - Bought Septemner 2018 - Manufactured - June 2018 - 48 charges

0P2AF7253400TS - Bought September 2018 - Manufactured July 2018- 39 charges

0P2AF6V53403GG - Bought September 2018 - Manufactured - June 2018 - 38 Charges

Based on amount of charges these batteries are quite expensive...

2019-10-5
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-5 08:44
Akozc i have 3 from sept of 2018 no swelling....how many flights did u have on that one? I have about 80 on each all good.
Honestly speaking,  don't remember how many times that swelled battery was in the air. I can only see it was charged 5 times and I assume  it might  be in the air five times max.
I am not a frequent flyer compare to our master DJI mates  and majority of the times ,batteries were hibernating in the case so probably cause was, keeping the batteries fully charged in hibernating mode.
Nertheless DJi only gives 6 month warranty to their smart batteries,that simply telling us ,we should expect the unexpected any time after 6 months and if we are lucky enought  all the problems pop out within the warranty period but a kind of slim chance.( Murphy Rules )
2019-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

BrianKushner Posted at 10-5 19:11
Here is my battery situation

0P2AF6V53403FJ - Bought Septemner 2018 - Manufactured - June 2019 - 48 charges

I think 2 of those batteries have wrong manufacturing dates lol did u mean june 2018?
2019-10-6
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 10-6 20:52
I think 2 of those batteries have wrong manufacturing dates lol did u mean june 2018?

I do thanks..I will fix...
2019-10-7
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

A J Posted at 9-17 22:35
Bought the base kit of the M2P in early Jan - second battery later that month and a third in March - all three are still working perfectly after more than 100 recharge cycles between them.

First two are dated 10.2018 as the manufacturer date and the third is dated 11.2018.

Where do you find the manufacturing date? I've looked all over mine with a magnifier and can not find a date.
2019-11-27
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

A J Posted at 9-17 22:35
Bought the base kit of the M2P in early Jan - second battery later that month and a third in March - all three are still working perfectly after more than 100 recharge cycles between them.

First two are dated 10.2018 as the manufacturer date and the third is dated 11.2018.

Never mind, just found the info in the GO4 app.
2019-11-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 11-27 17:44
Where do you find the manufacturing date? I've looked all over mine with a magnifier and can not find a date.

Depending on the drone some display the date in the battery section of the app
2019-11-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 11-27 17:50
Never mind, just found the info in the GO4 app.

2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually I had two swelling battery from 4 total battery. I am not sure what is the exact time I bought.
2019-12-26
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-19 09:01
Well I see dji on this forum trying to help asking for those with problems to post photos, I have asked for the same, but no one has posted photos of any damage strange .

Hallmark; these are 3 pictures of 3 of my batteries that became swollen and they all average between 40 and 50 charges.  They all were purchased with the M2P directly after launch date.  

I have been working with DJI on this issue and I must say that their support people has made me jump through several hoops but they remained very professional through this process.  They had me make a couple of videos that displayed information from my controller and a balancing act with a tool on the top of the battery.  Then they had me make a video that displayed me placing the batteries in a salt water mix to effectively disable the batteries from functioning ever again.  

Currently; they are in the process of sending me 3 new batteries and I am awaiting a shipping confirmation.  
2019-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

M Stuart K Posted at 12-29 06:18
Hallmark; these are 3 pictures of 3 of my batteries that became swollen and they all average between 40 and 50 charges.  They all were purchased with the M2P directly after launch date.  

I have been working with DJI on this issue and I must say that their support people has made me jump through several hoops but they remained very professional through this process.  They had me make a couple of videos that displayed information from my controller and a balancing act with a tool on the top of the battery.  Then they had me make a video that displayed me placing the batteries in a salt water mix to effectively disable the batteries from functioning ever again.  

Great information thank you, so it pays to keep pushing the issue, hopefully it encourages others to follow your example .
2019-12-29
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 06:25
Great information thank you, so it pays to keep pushing the issue, hopefully it encourages others to follow your example .

Yes; and I must say that I tried the chat and phone support and did not gain any footage.  Then DJI Mindy instructed me to send my issue directly to support.  This is when things started moving along.  I was assigned a representative that remained in contact with me throughout the process until they finally informed me to conduct the salt water video before they could look into replacing my batteries.  

I do think that my specific dates of purchase and battery charge cycles had a lot to do with them looking into my issue.  IMO there is something going on about batteries that center around certain dates.
2019-12-29
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Bought when the M2Pro was released. Batteries were manufactured 7 and 8-2018. All 3 swelled after 20+/- charge cycles using stock DJI charger. DJI replaced all 3 at no charge in October 19. I had to supply photos and video of the batteries rocking on the table along with serial numbers. DJI was spot on, had the whole thing straightened out within about 3 weeks. Excellent support, IMO.

2019-12-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules