Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

HyLenz Posted at 12-30 07:22
Bought when the M2Pro was released. Batteries were manufactured 7 and 8-2018. All 3 swelled after 20+/- charge cycles using stock DJI charger. DJI replaced all 3 at no charge in October 19. I had to supply photos and video of the batteries rocking on the table along with serial numbers. DJI was spot on, had the whole thing straightened out within about 3 weeks. Excellent support, IMO.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBm48kCBbAU&authuser=0
[view_image]

Good job great result. Thanks for posting.
2019-12-30
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I see that there was a bad batch manufactured at some point but aside from that one batch a small amount of swelling  doesn't necesarrily mean faulty batteries.

I come from rc helicopters/rc race cars and a bit of swelling in the batteries is not uncommon, even in high end ones, and usually coincides with poor battery care or simply asking a lot from your batteries, i.e., draining them down too far, flying them when too hot, charging them when too hot, manuevers that cause them to discharge too fast, etc.

No problems with my M2Pro batteries yet and I also have 4 mavic air batteries and not a swollen one after around ~40 cycles each.

As of my vote 78% have no swelling batteries? Pretty good result I would say!

2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

Three of four batteries were swellen even through they still work well. I am wondering that they cannot lock properly every time. I need to push hardly. I wish DJI can recall the battery.
2020-1-11
Use props
Sharkpuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5169406 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, good to see I'm not the only one. I have the M2Pro from it's release in August 2018. I bought the fly more package and then added a couple of batteries a month or so later. In Sept 2019, #1 started swelling so I discarded it. By Nov of 2019 #2, #3 had swelling, and as of December 2019 #4 has swelling. I have  purchased 3 new batteries to replace the originals. I have a LOT of flight hours on the original batteries (over 30 hrs) but am EXTREMELY disappointed that I've essentially had to replace my entire battery library in just over a year of ownership. At $130/battery that means cost of ownership for batteries only is $400-600/yr. Honestly, if the new batteries poop out by this time next year, I'll sell my M2Pro. Hope DJI is monitoring these forums because this is a deal killer.  
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules