Dynamic Home Point?
1092 3 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kr5VilCM64tK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598750 ft

Hello,

Wondering if DJI has any plans to add dynamic home point to the Mavic 2 series?
    The spark has this useful feature for use during Active Track, and I am rather surprised that it has been missing from the mavic 2 for over a year now.

2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As of the moment, Mavic 2 series doesn't support this function at present. However, this suggestion are already forwarded to our designated department and they are now looking into it. For future updates kindly please subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

i think DJI engineers need to work more closely with DJI staff here and put more notes into updates and features to make things more clear.   it seems like there is a dynamic homepoint baked in already your smart device however needs to have a clear clean GPS signal and close enough to GPS of the mavic 2 for it to pickup on and us that for RTH..  

i was doing a bike ride the other day with active track..terrible bike mount for it but i noticed on map the blue dot which is homepoint was update with me as im moving..im attached to my iPhone X so has GPS built in.    and the battery estimate for RTH wasn't making any sense for how low battery was vs how far away i was from launch point...  over 2 miles away and low battery and RTH point on the bar graph at the top was like half an inch or more over to the left deep in the red.  so i am theorizing that dynamic homepoint does work already just requires the device you are using to have GPS and clean gps signal for it to update the homepoint to.
2019-9-17
Use props
Nomas Prime
New

United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2019-9-17 10:56
i think DJI engineers need to work more closely with DJI staff here and put more notes into updates and features to make things more clear.   it seems like there is a dynamic homepoint baked in already your smart device however needs to have a clear clean GPS signal and close enough to GPS of the mavic 2 for it to pickup on and us that for RTH..  

i was doing a bike ride the other day with active track..terrible bike mount for it but i noticed on map the blue dot which is homepoint was update with me as im moving..im attached to my iPhone X so has GPS built in.    and the battery estimate for RTH wasn't making any sense for how low battery was vs how far away i was from launch point...  over 2 miles away and low battery and RTH point on the bar graph at the top was like half an inch or more over to the left deep in the red.  so i am theorizing that dynamic homepoint does work already just requires the device you are using to have GPS and clean gps signal for it to update the homepoint to.

Can you confirm dynamic home point update works with Mavic Pro 2?

Does it work with Air? Driving me up the wall.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules