Smart Controller 5d button came off
4374 7 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirbusH120
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1079012 ft

Hi DJI

I bought a DJI Smart Controller when I was visiting New Zealand, used it once, and the next time I was ready to use it the 5d button had came off.

Pretty fragile I would say.

So what now?  Does it pop back in?  If so, how?  Does DJI have to replace the controller?  Can any DJI authorised facility sort this out?

I look forward to a helpful (what other type is there) response.

Regards

Alan

5d button

5d button
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I will highly recommend you to contact our designated department at https://www.dji.com/support for you to possibly request for the 5D button. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-17
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

There have been similar reports of this occurring.

While too late now, I purchased a PGYTech screen and controller protector that covers the entire front of the Smart Controller including the control sticks when attached and also that 5d button.  
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Hey not nice, I also had mine fall off, I sent it back to dji, the wanted to charge me €125 to repair it, I refused and eventually they repaired under warranty, hopefully they sort it for you .
2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Hey not nice, I also had mine fall off, I sent it back to dji, the wanted to charge me €125 to repair it, I refused and eventually they repaired under warranty, hopefully they sort it for you .

Here’s my thread

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=187450&pid=1844550

2019-9-21
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

Did it come off from use, or did it get caught on something. I don't like the way mine feels. I never use it.
2019-9-22
Use props
jinnansonghotm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346765 ft
Australia

Not sure what happened. But I think is the carry bag. It is DJI original bag.
2020-5-11
Use props
cageckomac.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411424 ft
United States

happened to mine shortly after I got it - I contacted DJI service and they told me to just "push it back in" .. needless to say, that didn't work.  DJI service is useless.. I've been using the smart controller without the 5D button since
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules