Mavic air compatibility with crystalsky 5.5
1203 8 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans964e2a13
New

Hello, I’m new to drones and have just purchased a mavic air which I’m really enjoying. For the best viewing experience whilst flying, I’m considering purchasing a crystalsky 5.5. However, DJI State that the Mavic Air is not compatible with crystalsky but my reading of various forums to date, indicates that they are compatible.  Can anyone confirm if all functions of the mavic air e.g. intelligent flight modes, all work with the crystalsky monitor? Many thanks.
2019-9-18
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft

The crystal sky monitor is just a re-branded table running a custom android implementation, as such it should work.

The documentation say it works with the Mavic series and there's a number of videos showing it working.
2019-9-18
Use props
fans964e2a13
New

Ok. Many thanks.
2019-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

I do believe it is compatible with the Mavic Air as it is with the Spark and Mavic Pro - you will need this adaptor though and also ensure you have the right charger for the cystalsky battery.
https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... rc-mounting-bracket
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As of the moment, The DJI Mavic Air doesn't have its own mounting bracket for the DJI CrystalSky monitor. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that it will work properly and it is not recommended that you use a mounting bracket for the DJI Spark/Mavic Pro since this has not been fully tested yet. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-18
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 08:27
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. As of the moment, The DJI Mavic Air doesn't have its own mounting bracket for the DJI CrystalSky monitor. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that it will work properly and it is not recommended that you use a mounting bracket for the DJI Spark/Mavic Pro since this has not been fully tested yet. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

For crying out loud.  Both the MA and Crystalsky have been out long enough there are a multitude of adapters that work perfectly fine for this configuration, you just have to find the one that suits you.  I've been flying mine with a CS5.5 exclusively for months.
2019-9-19
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

I use it that way all the time. Just an adaptor.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WayneMHK Posted at 9-19 12:10
For crying out loud.  Both the MA and Crystalsky have been out long enough there are a multitude of adapters that work perfectly fine for this configuration, you just have to find the one that suits you.  I've been flying mine with a CS5.5 exclusively for months.

Hi, thank you for your response. We understand that there is some 3rd party accessory that you may use to mount the DJI CrystalSky to the Mavic Air however, we do not recommend this configuration for us to avoid any possible damage to the product. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I fly my Air with a Crystalsky a bunch. I use a Mavmount, never had any issues.
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules