Cant connect to wifi.
1238 8 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

I cant connect to wifi im using a samsung s4 and cant connect. When I turn on the range extender the system light comes on and gos off and doesnt come back on. I have also tried connecting to my ipad that I have used and cant connect. I think my range extender might be bad. Hopefully someone can help me.

2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Sunny,

I'd start with this. Download and install the  "wifi analyzer" app from the Playstore. Before doing anything else with your Phantom, start the wifi analyzer app. Let it settle in for a few minutes to pick up all the wifi signals around you. Write down the signals you see. Now turn on your Phantom. Turn on the wifi extender first, then the RC controller, then the bird. Give it a minute or two to warm up. What do you see now? You should see a new network show up called, something like "Phantom-xx" , you should also see another unnamed signal, which will probably be lower. What do you see?

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Heres what it shows.  
2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Sunny,

So you're getting the extender or the bird. Go to the view that shows all of the wifi networks on a channel graph. I just looked, go to "channel graph". Leave it there for a few minutes. What's there? Does another thing show up every now and again and then disappear? I think you're still online so I'll standby.

Yorlik, if you're out there jump in.

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-10 11:12
Sunny,

So you're getting the extender or the bird. Go to the view that shows all of the wifi netw ...

Sunny,

Time for me to call it a day. Hopefully someone will chime in. It doesn't look like all is lost just yet. Keep working on it. That's what it takes sometime. If you don't get any more help maybe we'll catch up tomorrow.

Jerry
2015-6-9
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

I think its the bird. That's the only thing for dji that came up. I called dji and they told me a few things to try and said if it did not work to call back tomorrow to have it sent for repair.  Hopefully the warranty will cover it. If not it will have to wait because I don't have money to spend on something like this right now.  Thanks for your help.
2015-6-9
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Well my range extender is shot. Dji gave me a RMA number so I can return it  and said it will be replaced free of charge. Thanks DJI.
2015-6-10
Use props
alexishrrr
New

United States

Hi I have a problem like this, everything works fine, gimbal (I can control the gimbal with my phone), camera, SD Card, Wifi, the problem is I'm unable to see in my phone what the camera seen, I can take pictures, record videos, but can't watch the videos in the album of the app, only pics, I need to remove the SD card and watch it on the pc, I reinstalled the app and  the battery of the wifi extender was in 100%, (I am using Android 4.1.2) Thanks for help
2015-6-10
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

alexishrrr@yaho Posted at 2015-6-11 13:06
Hi I have a problem like this, everything works fine, gimbal (I can control the gimbal with my phone ...

alexis,  your issue is not really related to this post since you are able to connect to the wifi but not getting the video feed.  Try setting a lower preview resolution/quality and check previous posts with similar issues in this forum.
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules