Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to load DSM onto Ground Station
3122 14 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K1_Survey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2933 ft

Hi,

I have set up a SD card dith DJI/DSM with a tiff and tfw file in it. The Tiff is in Geographic coordinates (WGS84/EPSG 4326) heights are also ellipsoidal. The file will not show up under "DSM file".  I have tired with SRTM 1' data, previous survey re-sampled to 1m,5m, and 10m and with ASTER DEM v2 and all will not show up. Has anyone had this problem? SRTM file attched for if anyone can figure out if I am doing something wrong. If anyone could upload a file that has worked for them I could test if it is my file creation process or a problem with the ground station that would be awsome.

SRTM_WGS84.zip

94.1 KB, Down times: 3

SRTM_DSM

2019-9-18
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Hey mate,

Are you putting the .TIF and the .TFW in a sub-folder under DSM?

Should be DJI/DSM/New Folder/.TIF and .TFW.

Let me know
2019-9-18
Use props
K1_Survey
lvl.1

DJI4Survey Posted at 9-18 17:04
Hey mate,

Are you putting the .TIF and the .TFW in a sub-folder under DSM?

Hey mate cheers for the reply

Just gave that a shot and unfortunately they still don't show up.

2019-9-18
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Hmmm. What software are you using to export your .TIF?
2019-9-18
Use props
K1_Survey
lvl.1

DJI4Survey Posted at 9-18 19:56

The SRTM data was extracted from ELVIS (Geoscience Australia) then I produced the tfw in QGIS (GDAL). I tried Global Mapper as well.
2019-9-18
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft

DJI4Survey Posted at 9-18 19:56
check out Global Mapper software.

that's good enough for downloading SRTM data based on arbitrary area.
2019-9-19
Use props
thunr
lvl.2

Have you tried using a smaller DSM? I remember reading either here or on Aerotas that the RTK doesn't play nice with large DSMs. The biggest one I've used is ~800 meters square and your's is almost 5000 meters square. I don't know what the cutoff would be but it's one of the things I've been curious about.
2019-9-21
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

what thunr said. not just total area but resolution. try dumbing it down and/or reducing area and see if that works.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

I loaded a fairly large site and had not issues.  700ha.

When using global mapper to export, make sure you are using the 32 bit Float point samples.

2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_h88e04BRiYsL
New

The version of this firmware is V 02.02.0014. It raised an error when I try to import two files to the DSM folder. This DEM is upgraded from previous version. What I am thinking is that the new version doesn’t allow DSM import using the old way.
2019-9-24
Use props
djiuser_h88e04BRiYsL
New

2019-9-24
Use props
BlakeTHaAussie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99695 ft
Australia

Is your folder the same name as your DEM file?
2019-10-18
Use props
Luchin
New

Peru

Amiguitos buenas tardes... recien adquirí un P4 RTK... a ver si me ayudan a volar en modo terrain por favor,  yo hago los siguientes Pasos:
Primero: creo un kmz en google earth
Secundo: abro el Global Maper configuro a UTM y zona WGS 84 18S
Tercero: abro el kmz
Cuarto: genero curvas de nivel
Quinto: exporto a geotiff marcando al check de tfw
Sexto: traslados los los archivos el tiff y el tfw a una micro para luego llevarlo al dron en la siguiente L:\DJI\DSM\Test 1
Septimo: ya en el control del dron selecciono modo terrain y todo y al momento de crear el polígono de vuelo me sale el error “FAILED TO OBTAIN ALTITUDE DATA. ADJUST WAYPOINT”
2019-10-21
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Supongo que ya resolviste este tema, recién ahora veo tu posteo.
Asegurate que el tiff este en coordenadas geográficas, todo el software dji no parece soportar otro tipo de coordenadas ni proyecciones.
Ademas del aviso "failed to obtain altitud data...." te das cuenta que no te esta funcionando porque deberías ver el dsm a colores.

2020-5-7
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Ademas estoy viendo que no necesitas hacer shapes de curvas de nivel, puesto que no las utiliza el drone para ajustar la altura sino que usa solamente el raster del dsm
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules