SDK Remote info for P4R
2542 6 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLensAloft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34865 ft

Hello all,
   just put our new SDK remote into service and let me tell you it wasnt without a whole lot of troubleshooting. here are some things they dont tell you:

1. it does NOT work with DJI GO 4
2. for IOS it works with DJI GS Pro app
3. for ANDROID it works with DJI pilot app
4. ALL firmware must be up to date before you should attempt to link controller
5. when entering the aircraft in GS Pro it will not give you the option of P4RTK so you have to enter as P4 Pro and it will recognize once in the fly mode.
6. dont try to connect at the remote with the micro usb connector (use the standard usb port and go direct to your apple or android device)
7. you can now use the intelligent flight mode POI in GS Pro but you have to pay 10 dollars for it. (standard flight mode option for all other P4's but not the P4R)
8. make sure you enter the app first and then plug the RC into your device
9. when controller is linked with aircraft and then you want to use a 3rd party app like dronedeploy etc., you will need to exit out of everything and restart your 3rd party app for it to pick up the aircraft.
10. good luck not pulling your hair out with all the ridiculous steps in getting this up and running but at least we can use the apps we love anyway. hope this helps folks!

Nick
2019-9-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>

Far from intuitive...
Thanks for posting!
2019-9-19
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft

Hey Nick, you say we can use our 3rd party apps. Does that include DroneDeploy?
Thanks
2019-9-19
Use props
TheLensAloft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34865 ft

1Eagle Posted at 9-19 13:41
Hey Nick, you say we can use our 3rd party apps. Does that include DroneDeploy?
Thanks

Yes indeed! that is what i use for survey work and i have been waiting patiently for the SDK remote so i can use dronedeploy. but like i said, you have to first go through the process just to link the controller before you can get dronedeploys app to pick up the aircraft and such. Now that i am all linked and firmware updated, the flights are going perfect with dronedeploy at the helm. let me know if you have any issues, be happy to help.
2019-9-19
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft

TheLensAloft Posted at 9-19 17:27
Yes indeed! that is what i use for survey work and i have been waiting patiently for the SDK remote so i can use dronedeploy. but like i said, you have to first go through the process just to link the controller before you can get dronedeploys app to pick up the aircraft and such. Now that i am all linked and firmware updated, the flights are going perfect with dronedeploy at the helm. let me know if you have any issues, be happy to help.

Excellent....
Thanks for the post.
Very valuable info for sure.
Many have been waiting for this.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Hey all,

We also have the SDK controller for a couple of our units.

We pretty much solely use it for vertical face mapping using the GS Pro app, but didn't have too much issue connecting at all.

I would have had all the firmware updated I'm pretty sure, but didn't have any issue recognizing the aircraft or the RTK base when connecting.

It is actually easier to update the base coordinates than the GSRTK app.

I haven't tried to use with other 3rd party apps until they include the ability to enter the coordinates, and the GSRTK app is improving and think it is now better than other offerings in a lot of respects.

Anyway, hope everyone has some luck if they decide to get the SDK controller.

Cheers,
2019-9-22
Use props
slartii
New

Sweden

Hi all,
Does anyone have any news regarding app compatibility for the SDK remote? I'm looking for an app that enables NTRIP for the aircraft and allows you to import KML/SHP polylines for corridor/line missions. I find it quite strange that GS Pro doesn't seem to have a corridor mission feature.
I would also appreciate an app with a custom basemap function. Do you guys have any tips?
Best regards,
Slartii
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules