New Osmo Pocket Firmware Released(9/19/2019)
12Next >
38941 76 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Overall:
Date: 2019.09.19
Firmware: v01.09.00.20 (this firmware is approx. 99MB)
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.2.0
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.2.0

What’s New:
  • Added 2.7K resolution for video.
  • Optimized phase detection auto focus.
  • Optimized focus when shooting at night (such as when shooting fireworks.)
  • Improved sensitivity of the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod buttons.
  • Added focus correction algorithm for Motionlapse.

Notes:
  • Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and clear cache in DJI Mimo, and retry.

2019-9-19
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft

I will try it today. I can't wait
2019-9-19
Use props
Tide
Second Officer

Great!
Downloading now!
2019-9-19
Use props
Pyroschnüffler
lvl.4

Yes, optimized for fireworks.
2019-9-19
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>

Unfortunately working with the DJI Osmo Pocket upside down in the Mimo App has not been solved even with the current update. Too bad Too bad

Here more info about the DJI Osmo Pocket upside down in the Mimo Problem: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190742

I had so hoped that DJI would solve the problem. But hope die last.
2019-9-19
Use props
thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft

On Sunday I will be recording a film so I will test it
2019-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-9-19
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>

Thanks DJI for the new updates.  Love the Osmo Pocket.  It has came a long way since release...
2019-9-19
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

2.7 k reso FINALLY!!
2019-9-19
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

Upgrade went easy. I'm shooting a wedding on Saturday, thought I'd use it at least for the getting dressed part. I figured it would be less intrusive than my big Canon.
2019-9-19
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>

where is DNG for timelapses ?
When???
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the update
2019-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the update, it’s fair to say dji has looked after this product pretty well .
2019-9-20
Use props
ToXXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164344 ft

device for vloggers and where is stream option?
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_apTYcOYCxktk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257034 ft

the osmo pocket seems to disconnect and connect slike a bad cable. I bought an USB c adaptor for my oppo r11 but I couldn't use the Mimo app since the last update. I tried to remove the silicone case, remove and install the app clear the cache but nothing works. I would appreciate any help as this is very frustrating
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_apTYcOYCxktk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257034 ft

the osmo pocket seems to disconnect and connect slike a bad cable. I bought an USB c adaptor for my oppo r11 but I couldn't use the Mimo app since the last update. I tried to remove the silicone case, remove and install the app clear the cache but nothing works. I would appreciate any help as this is very frustrating
2019-9-20
Use props
scann3r
lvl.3

Been waiting for this update. AF works great and 2.7K is awesome.

Its time to release a Osmo Pocket Pro w 1" sensor
2019-9-21
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

scann3r Posted at 9-21 02:58
Been waiting for this update. AF works great and 2.7K is awesome.

Its time to release a Osmo Pocket Pro w 1" sensor

Yes!  I want them to make an Osmo Pocket Pro!  
2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-21 06:43
Yes!  I want them to make an Osmo Pocket Pro!

I think Mavic pro 3 with removal camera that can be placed on OP handle would be just perfect, dji first did this with inspire 1 and zenmuse 3 then went further with Osmo professional and changeable lens, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do similar with Osmo pocket.
2019-9-21
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-21 11:47
I think Mavic pro 3 with removal camera that can be placed on OP handle would be just perfect, dji first did this with inspire 1 and zenmuse 3 then went further with Osmo professional and changeable lens, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do similar with Osmo pocket.

Yes, that would be cool, but I would probably still want/need both separate!  I quite frequently use the OP at the same time I'm flying with my M2P.  Either I use it to film myself or I'll set it up to capture a hyper/timelapse at the same time.
2019-9-21
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

What is exactly 'Phase Detection' ... ? I saw the same on the actual app. Shouldn't that be 'Face Detection' instead?
2019-9-22
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

Phase detection is a method of focusing. Its not face detection.
I’m sceptical about this having phase detection, as this in normally done directly on the sensor. If it is then it’s been there from the start and DJI have just recently enabled it that’s great, If it isn’t then it’s not really phase detection in the traditional sense.
2019-9-22
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft

Nice update. Many photos still seem to have the background focused instead of the main subject, but this tiny camera has improved a lot since its inception.
2019-9-22
Use props
sucofni
lvl.2

Please give self timer function with panorama mode.
2019-9-23
Use props
Chienlala
lvl.1

Nice update. Please add ability to have audio adapter connect to the wireless module USB-C port on next firmware update. We really need it.
2019-9-23
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft

Whenever using wireless base, D-Cinelike in 4k 60fps with wireless modul is not possible. Extension rod also did not include port for cable. I have to use extension cable with extension rod to get fully support. I am so disappointed.
2019-9-24
Use props
Lucasmason
lvl.2

I've mentioned this a couple times, and I've seen other users asking for this, please:

Provide and option to turn-off sharpening or sharpness adjustment!

2019-9-24
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

Lucasmason Posted at 9-24 04:23
I've mentioned this a couple times, and I've seen other users asking for this, please:

Provide and option to turn-off sharpening or sharpness adjustment!

Use Cinelike will be a lot better! (for video)
2019-9-24
Use props
Lucasmason
lvl.2

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 05:11
Use Cinelike  will be a lot better! (for video)

Cinelike still has a lot of sharpnening (halo around edges).

Wish they could offer an option to dial it down to minus value like the Mavic line
2019-9-24
Use props
Ardy7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156089 ft

someone please help me.
while doing this update i got my phone disconnected from osmo pocket.
i got failed firmware update notification on my phone.

after that my osmo gimbal not working. battery indicator not showing (0%) in menu.
when i connnect osmo to phone, i show update fiwmare notification, but if i tap update

"updating rimware require the device to have at least 15% remaining battery"

i charge osmo 1 hour, after that i connect again to phone. the problem is same. i cannot update firmware.

2019-9-24
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ardy7 Posted at 9-24 07:51
someone please help me.
i got failed firmware update notification on my phone.

Something to try (have no idea if it will work) is to leave the OSMO Pocket plugged in (USB-C) to a power source as that MIGHT defer OP looking for the battery percent since it would constant power. Then connect  your phone and see if the firmware update will try again.
Again, not sure, but worth a try.
2019-9-24
Use props
Ardy7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156089 ft

RobCass Posted at 9-24 16:20
Something to try (have no idea if it will work) is to leave the OSMO Pocket plugged in (USB-C) to a power source as that MIGHT defer OP looking for the battery percent since it would constant power. Then connect  your phone and see if the firmware update will try again.
Again, not sure, but worth a try.

Hi robcass thq for reply. Its not work. The battery still showing 0% while Im  charging it. The camera works i can record or take photo. But the gimbal not work at all.
IMG_6931.JPG
2019-9-24
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ardy7 Posted at 9-24 16:34
Hi robcass thq for reply. Its not work. The battery still showing 0% while Im  charging it. The camera works i can record or take photo. But the gimbal not work at all.

Sorry that did not work. It was just a thought to try.
2019-9-24
Use props
djiuser_4cXPE5TO5yFl
New

Hi, can anyone confirm if 2.7k60 can be download directly to ios?
2019-9-25
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4

Good, will update  !
2019-9-26
Use props
Mr. Blue
New
Flight distance : 5837 ft

why doesnt the 2.7k res apper useable when i have the OP plugged into my iphone? the new res shows up on the OP's screen but when i plug in and mimo starts up the 2.7k option isnt avilable, just 1080p and 4k. thoughts?
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_pOSg7dfACyNA
New

someone please help me.
i got failed firmware update notification on my phone.

It happened exactly the same to me . I tried what you tried to solve the situation and nothing !!
Have you found already the solution ?
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_pOSg7dfACyNA
New

while doing this update i got my phone disconnected from osmo pocket. i got failed firmware update notification on my phone.  after that my osmo gimbal not working. battery indicator not showing (0%) in menu. when i connnect osmo to phone, i show update fiwmare notification, but if i tap update  "updating rimware require the device to have at least 15% remaining battery"  i charge osmo 1 hour, after that i connect again to phone. the problem is same. i cannot update firmware.
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_pOSg7dfACyNA
New

someone please help me.
i got failed firmware update notification on my phone.

I contacter de DJI support and they told me that this new firmaware is not compatible with phones with Android 7.0 or older. The problem is that you can not install the older firmware !! WTF !! Basicaly what they want to say is: buy a new cell phone. Unbelivable !!! At least they should put a warning before downloading that could happen. Incredible !!
2019-10-1
Use props
NigelCHP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5699 ft

Each time there is new update I’m eager to check out what has been fixed and then disappointed to discover that the issues with wireless dongle and Android phones has still not been addressed.  5ghz still does not connect and 2.4ghz is barely usable. This issue severely compromises what is otherwise a fantasy
2019-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules