Mavic 2 Waypoints 2.0 Issues - Update 20.09.2019
1855 9 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

Here my test of waypoints 2.0 with the firmware update 01.00.0510

There are imprvements with smoother movement, but IMHO poi's still dont work properly, so wp 2.0 is still hardly usable.

*** Video replaced with new version, still a typo, app ist 4.3.24 and not as noted 4.3.14 ******

[media=x,970,580]https://[/media]

Former test here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-182749-1-1.html

2019-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

The first vid looked very good, I think this is a pilot problem not a waypoint problem.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-19 07:16
The first vid looked very good, I think this is a pilot problem not a waypoint problem.

There is an error - or even more, but no pilot error: or if so, can you explain in detail?
The first example is not made using waypoint2 2.0 (read the text)
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

Keep at it
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

Push: new version uploaded
2019-9-19
Use props
dgc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 375807 ft

DrohneSG, during that last video (long distance) did you get a screen recording of the map view which shows aircraft movement along the waypoints path? The aircraft was obviously pointing well to the left of your POI. I would like to see what the aircraft heading looked like on the map. Thanks for your tests.
2019-9-19
Use props
dgc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 375807 ft

DrohneSG, in your first waypoints 2.0 video above, please see that there is a significant distance between waypoints 2 and 3 and also between waypoints 4 and 5. The way I understand the code works is that when the drone reaches a waypoint all it does is start smoothly integrating to the next waypoint settings. The code does not continuously compute the drones position relative to the POI while it is travelling from one waypoint to the next. All the code is doing is smoothly integrating from one set of waypoint settings to the next set of waypoint settings without regard to whether or not the POI is centered in the frame.  The only way to improve your plan would be to insert a new waypoint between waypoint 2 and waypoint 3 and insert another waypoint between waypoint 4 and waypoint 5. Even this won't be perfect but I believe it will be better. From what I have seen, gimbal pitch never seems to be exactly on target when the drone is close to the POI.

Please note that my explanation above is based only from my own experience and observations. I have no knowledge about the details in the Waypoints 2.0 code. It would be nice if someone from DJI would educate us on how the code works at least in enough detail to help us when we plan Waypoint missions.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

Well then, i have made a new test, and now it looks as I had expected ....

whats the difference?

Ok, I first  repeated my old test with double check of all settings. Nothing, crap again.

But then I switched over to another (well known) app - (I hesitated to check out it so far - I hoped at dji they would do the job - but now the hope has been lost) and with that waypoints work MUCH better.

I will not talk to much about third party stuff here, but one conclusion is: the Mavic 2 aircraft is a great device, but you cannot use the full potential with the dji Go app.
2019-9-20
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft

DrohneSG Posted at 9-20 07:20
Well then, i have made a new test, and now it looks as I had expected ....

whats the difference?

Im not a big user of the automated flights, but just be carefull with li..seen some horror scenarios on youtube about it. !!
2019-9-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

Cough... Litchi... cough...
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules