Firmware Version Reached Limit
1780 4 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft

Hi everyone As you may know till now three or four firmware updates released by DJI.

I tried to download last version(V02.02.0014) by RC and such message like this "Firmware Version Reached Limit" popped up and prevented me from downloading new version.

After spending minutes I found out how can I solve that error.

Connect RC to PC go to "USB connected" section and turn on usb storage. After that go to file explorer on your PC and try to find folder named "DJI/firm". In that folder you could delete older firmware version folder then you can download new version successfully.
2019-9-19
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>

Why would DJI limit the number of times you can update firmware without manually deleting old versions, knowing that firmware updates are a regular and required part of the product lifecycle?
I mean I know we're talking about DJI, but that is so basic, so fundamental, that.... Oh, nevermind.

Thanks for posting the workaround!
2019-9-19
Use props
jivago
lvl.4

patiam Posted at 9-19 08:23
Why would DJI limit the number of times you can update firmware without manually deleting old versions, knowing that firmware updates are a regular and required part of the product lifecycle?
I mean I know we're talking about DJI, but that is so basic, so fundamental, that.... Oh, nevermind.

When I saw this message, didn't have any idea about that. But I had no choice because I wanted to update my firmware and perhaps got rid of some problems that I encountered during flight.

Yes, we are talking about DJI. I completely got it.
2019-9-19
Use props
kowalcca
lvl.1

Canada

Hello! I know this is an old thread but maybe someone is still getting notifications for it so....

Ive gotten into the dji/firm directory, and am now seeing "ag410_xxxxxx" files and xxxxx.sig documents.

Can I erase all of these and update after?
2020-11-4
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi
you will see a directory related to RC firmware when connected your RC to the PC. If you delete it correctly then you can't see it anymore in the firmware list of your RC display.

After that process, latest update is only available firmware that you can choose.
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules