Huge shipping fees for a warranty-covered repair
2432 7 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc12baf74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1550876 ft

Hello,

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro in the United States. This summer the drone crashed without a reason and was seriously damaged. I live in Europe, but the DJI service told me to send the drone to the USA for repair. Fortunately, they didn't find a pilot error and offer a repair under warranty. However, they do not cover shipping to Europe, and they send me a quote for shipping from US to France for 242 USD! I find this price completely ridiculous because shipping between US and Europe of such a light parcel would cost around 25 USD (at least it's what I paid to send it to US). Of course, no one prevented me how much the fees will be when I was told to send it to them.

Did anyone have such a situation? It looks like they want to earn some money from me for a warranty-covered repair, especially considering that shipping in North America is included in warranty and they already save these money because I paid myself for shipping from Europe.

2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, since your drone is US version while you live in Europe, all costs generated during the outbound shipping and customs clearance will be covered by you. The quotation of the shipping cost is from the formal courier company. If you believe the shipping cost is too expensive, we will escalate your case to the appropriate team to double check and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-9-19
Use props
fansc12baf74
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-19 18:54
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, since your drone is US version while you live in Europe, all costs generated during the outbound shipping and customs clearance will be covered by you. The quotation of the shipping cost is from the formal courier company. If you believe the shipping cost is too expensive, we will escalate your case to the appropriate team to double check and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you for the answer! Yes, I would like the fees to be double checked. Actually, do they include customs clearance? Now I realize that I will likely have to pay customs clearance additionally to the shipping fees, and the customs clearance will be more than 300 USD . So, for a repair under warranty I will probably spend at least 600 USD.
I already asked DJI, considering the price I have to pay for this case, to keep the drone and reimburse me it's price instead of repairing it, but I was refused because it's obviously beyond the warranty policy.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc12baf74 Posted at 9-19 23:53
Thank you for the answer! Yes, I would like the fees to be double checked. Actually, do they include customs clearance? Now I realize that I will likely have to pay customs clearance additionally to the shipping fees, and the customs clearance will be more than 300 USD . So, for a repair under warranty I will probably spend at least 600 USD.
I already asked DJI, considering the price I have to pay for this case, to keep the drone and reimburse me it's price instead of repairing it, but I was refused because it's obviously beyond the warranty policy.

We understand your concern, your case is following up by the higher-level team to double check, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2019-9-20
Use props
fansc12baf74
lvl.1
France

I ended up travelling to the US and picking up the package there saving on shipping.

However, the adventures did not finish with it. When I opened the package with the new drone I felt that something is loose inside the aircraft (there was a noise when I shook it). Imagine my surprise when a small screw dropped out from inside the drone body when I shook it more (see the attached photo). Fortunately, I did not switch it on before that. Other than that, the drone seems to work fine, though I did not try to fly it yet. So, my question is, are there any parts inside the Mavic 2 Pro that are tightened with this kind of screws, in this case it can mean that one of these parts is loose because of the missing screw. Otherwise, if there are no such parts, I can think that the screw was just a garbage.

screw from inside the drone

screw from inside the drone
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc12baf74 Posted at 11-13 02:06
I ended up travelling to the US and picking up the package there saving on shipping.  However, the adventures did not finish with it. When I opened the package with the new drone I felt that something is loose inside the aircraft (there was a noise when I shook it). Imagine my surprise when a small screw dropped out from inside the drone body when I shook it more (see the attached photo). Fortunately, I did not switch it on before that. Other than that, the drone seems to work fine, though I did not try to fly it yet. So, my question is, are there any parts inside the Mavic 2 Pro that are tightened with this kind of screws, in this case it can mean that one of these parts is loose because of the missing screw. Otherwise, if there are no such parts, I can think that the screw was just a garbage.

We apologize for the troubles, where are you now? In the US or Europe?
2019-11-13
Use props
fansc12baf74
lvl.1
France

Already in Europe
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, your case has been escalated to the higher-level team for further suggestion, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules