Crash - bird or something else?
573 7 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenLem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128212 ft

Hi there..
Just lost my drone.. maybe in the sea.. I think a bird "attack" the drone. I saw a weird mouvement on the screen and then I lost signal.. The drone wasn't high then didn"t have time to see..
I attached the log.. is there a way to know if one or more motors stop before the crash? ..

Ben

DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-19_[14-54-12]log.zip

256.22 KB, Down times: 8

Log

2019-9-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>

*deleted* my error
2019-9-20
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

Despite what JJB wrote, your log is indeed readable, though only the very last record shows anything interesting. It reveals an abrupt change to the roll and (especially) pitch, as well as a change in velocity.

Birds get suggested as the culprit pretty often, but these cases almost never turn out to be a result of bird strikes. Given that the VPS sensor indicates that you were flying just above the surface (which is confirmed by your own statement), I'd guess that it's more likely that your drone struck an obstacle. Its last recorded position was here, so you may still be able to recover it.

P.S. The TXT file doesn't contain motor information, but if you upload FLY052.DAT, someone may be able to take a look and figure out more about what happened. Here are the instructions for retrieving it from your mobile device.

2019-9-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Gimpy Posted at 9-20 05:28
Despite what JJB wrote, your log is indeed readable, though only the very last record shows anything interesting. It reveals an abrupt change to the roll and (especially) pitch, as well as a change in velocity.

Birds get suggested as the culprit pretty often, but these cases almost never turn out to be a result of bird strikes. Given that the VPS sensor indicates that you were flying just above the surface (which is confirmed by your own statement), I'd guess that it's more likely that your drone struck an obstacle. Its last recorded position was here, so you may still be able to recover it.

Hi Gimpy,

Great that you can read it. I get some byte conversion errors. Hmm, strange....
Using another tool i read only 24 records, not the whole file.

cheers
JJB

2019-9-20
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

JJB* Posted at 9-20 06:04
Hi Gimpy,

Great that you can read it. I get some byte conversion errors. Hmm, strange....

Are you using FRAP or do you mean you couldn't get PhantomHelp to read it? It may be that there's something usual about this particular file.
2019-9-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Gimpy Posted at 9-20 06:08
Are you using FRAP or do you mean you couldn't get PhantomHelp to read it? It may be that there's something usual about this particular file.

PhantomHelp does work, but other converting tools only reads the first 24
some data is not de-crypted in the de-crypted file, so guess that gives an read error....

Using CsvView and TXTlogToCSVtool....
AC name = éêòóôõö÷øùúÿÛC3232$323232$1   not correct i think....
2019-9-20
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

JJB* Posted at 9-20 06:16
PhantomHelp does work, but other converting tools only reads the first 24
some data is not de-crypted in the de-crypted file, so guess that gives an read error....

That's interesting. I did notice the same thing when downloading the "Verbose CSV" from PhantomHelp, so apparently there is something unusual about the file.
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ben. I am sorry to know what is happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to check and fix the said drone. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
2019-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules