Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shaky Footage
1064 10 2019-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnmarkharris
lvl.1

I've got a Spark, it's really fun to fly, but there's "vibrating" or "shaky" footage.

See the link, this is using a "quick shot" mode trying to fly a circle.

My propellers are fine, it wasn't very windy, I did calibrate the IMU and Compass right before flying.

It happens when the drone starts moving in all the Quick Shot modes. It happens in tripod mode. It happens all the time. kinda annoying.

Anyone else experience it?

FOOTAGE: https://vimeo.com/361345751

Mucho thanks.
2019-9-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

I link it for you:

2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please clarify if this only happens when you are only using the quick shot modes? Or even when flying in a normal mode? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-20
Use props
johnmarkharris
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-20 10:38
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please clarify if this only happens when you are only using the quick shot modes? Or even when flying in a normal mode? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

It's not just in quick shot mode. Regular and Sport.
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

johnmarkharris Posted at 9-20 13:17
It's not just in quick shot mode. Regular and Sport.

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please try to back up all your files on your PC and try to reformat your SD card. If the problem still persists, I will highly recommend you to contact our support team online for further evaluation at https://www.dji.com/support.  The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-20
Use props
johnmarkharris
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-20 14:17
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please try to back up all your files on your PC and try to reformat your SD card. If the problem still persists, I will highly recommend you to contact our support team online for further evaluation at https://www.dji.com/support.  The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I format the SD card just about every use.
2019-9-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

johnmarkharris Posted at 9-20 16:51

In the Spark or on the Computer?

Edit: Question, how is the cached video on the phone, compared to that from the SD card, looking?
2019-9-20
Use props
johnmarkharris
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 9-20 20:44
In the Spark or on the Computer?

Edit: Question, how is the cached video on the phone, compared to that from the SD card, looking?

I've never cached the video on the phone. I'll try it. I use the data cable to transfer from the SPARK to my Mac. It shakes when the Spark starts to move or change direction, though, so that doesn't seem to be a computer error. It seems like an actual shaky gimbal.
2019-9-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

johnmarkharris Posted at 9-21 07:04
I've never cached the video on the phone. I'll try it. I use the data cable to transfer from the SPARK to my Mac. It shakes when the Spark starts to move or change direction, though, so that doesn't seem to be a computer error. It seems like an actual shaky gimbal.

I have, for this kind of shaking, still the idea that the "3. axxis", the digital one, is sometimes part of these  problems.
But to make sure that the SD card isn't, I'd change to/ test also another, would transfer the data via a card reader and would  cache the video for some time, to check that, too.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

johnmarkharris Posted at 9-20 16:51

Hi, thank you for your response. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-9-21
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

I think it's a mechanical problem. To prevent the camera from absorbing the vibration of the drone, it is suspended on a rubber pole. This should be examined. If this is OK then the vibration caused by the misaligned rotor is too strong. Replace them even if they seem to be OK. Do you have to test your motors with your rotors to see if they vibrate?
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules