Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo crashing - Samsung A10
6400 19 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kythri
lvl.1

Just bought an Osmo 3.  Fresh download/install of DJI Mimo (never installed before).

Walked through app, it activated my device, downloaded the latest firmware for the Osmo, installed it, and after update, the app crashes continually.

When I re-open the app, it connects via Bluetooth to the Osmo, then when attempting to go into the camera portion, it crashes every time.

Phone is running Android 9 that came with the phone.  No carrier updates available.

What's my next step?
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kythri. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Upon checking the Samsung A10 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Samsung A10 will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-21
Use props
fans7aafd553
New

DJI, please update your software to support the Note 10+.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7aafd553 Posted at 9-21 15:08

Hi, thanks for the additional input. We're sorry that we have limited compatible phones that can be used with the Osmo Mobile 3. There are lots of devices were released every months or years, therefore, we couldn't check them all for compatibility matter. Also, the Osmo Mobile 3 has a limitation when carrying the mobile device. Please refer to the details below for the specification that the must meet for you to use the Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you for understanding.

Weight: 200 +/-30 g;
Thickness: ≤ 9.5 mm;
Width: 62-88 mm
2019-9-22
Use props
kythri
lvl.1

Thank you for the reply - I hadn't realized there was a limited set of devices that were compatible with the Osmo 3 - that's rather disappointing.

It works beautifully on my iPhone 8, just not the A10 for my friend.

I notice there's no mention of the iPhone 11 on that list - is there plans to ensure compatibility with the new iPhone series?
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_Gj1lElZdRi7o
New

I have an LG K30 phone. MIMO app opens but right after it connects to Osmo Mobile 3 the camera closes and I can't use any function of the app. Anyone knows how to fix this?
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_YcuuvWIdfh5I
New
United Kingdom

Crashes on Samsung  s10 plus too so annoying for the device for it to be favourite with apple it seems
2019-11-1
Use props
Aurimas Jasilionis
New

United Kingdom

Hello, please release app update on Dji mimo android app. Keep crashing all the time on Samsung galaxy s10. I'm sure everyone facing same issues! Best regards
2019-11-7
Use props
Aurimas Jasilionis
New

United Kingdom

Dear support. Fix fucking app which all the time catching! Just miss my wifes birthday best moments in venice due your crashy osmo 3. Now regretting i bought it at all. Update on this other I'm sending it back for refund.
2019-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's more than annoying.  But they are working on it - see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D710%26typeid%3D710
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_2yedAenOFTc2
New

United States

Same problem on Note 9 and osmo mobile 3.
Your list says it's a compatible device, so why I cant even take a single footage after one month of buying this gimbal?
2019-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Are you on the new version of the app, which is said to be "rolling out"?  I am, and it fixed my problems, so hopefully you'll get it very soon.
2019-11-12
Use props
Aisha Gothey
New

Tanzania

fans7aafd553 Posted at 9-21 15:08

Yes same issue here.. got note 10 + and the app keeps crashing
2019-11-22
Use props
BeemerBoy1000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918839 ft
United Kingdom

+1 Crashes if used for more than 30 sec. Galaxy s10 is my weapon of choice. ( well my only phone )
2019-11-23
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

BeemerBoy1000 Posted at 11-23 05:12
+1 Crashes if used for more than 30 sec. Galaxy s10 is my weapon of choice. ( well my only phone )

What version of Mimo are you using, I’ve had no crashes on my S10+ since the update.
2019-11-23
Use props
BeemerBoy1000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918839 ft
United Kingdom

All ok now. Latest Samsung S10 update seems to have sorted it. Recorded 6 hours straight on new years eve, so that should warranty a soak test ! (with WIFI adapter too)

Sorry for the late reply
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_JPVHA091tRvC
New

Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-9-22 11:51
Hi, thanks for the additional input. We're sorry that we have limited compatible phones that can be used with the Osmo Mobile 3. There are lots of devices were released every months or years, therefore, we couldn't check them all for compatibility matter. Also, the Osmo Mobile 3 has a limitation when carrying the mobile device. Please refer to the details below for the specification that the must meet for you to use the Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you for understanding.

Weight: 200 +/-30 g;

Hey dji
I just purchased a new mobile 3 from amazon and i use a Samsung galaxy note 10+5g and have been looking for others with this same problem and have see galaxy note 10 pluses being used so i know its not my phone thats the issue.
My problem is when i scan the barcode to add the mimo app it downloads but then i need to go to my files to install it, at first it wouldn't install but now i have it installed and if i try open the app it instantly says "dji mimo keep stopping" "close app or info, i clicked both but info gives me settings and i have allowed access to my phones camera ect but it still keeps stopping,  i have deleted and downloaded it so many times and repeated everything above, im now lost and can't find any other information on line of others having this problem within recent months? Could you please help?? Thank you in advance.
2020-5-29
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-21 08:30
Hello and good day kythri. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Upon checking the Samsung A10 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Samsung A10 will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Viewing this compatibility list reveals that the only FULLY supported devices are iPhones (because Android does not get slow motion).
Therefore it would be appropriate to rename the Osmo Mobile 3 to "Osmo iGimbal", if every answer you give to Android users is "sorry, but your device is not fully supported"...
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_3KO6OTZKUHke
New

United Arab Emirates

I bought a new DJI OM 4 gimbal. I went to the DJI download link by the QR code printed. I installed it and it prompted "app not installed". I have a Samsung Galaxy A10s. How can I make it work?

I tried installing the app for lower phone models and it was installed but I cannot pair with bluetooth. How can I make it work?
2021-12-4
Use props
fans5bd7642e
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_3KO6OTZKUHke Posted at 12-4 07:43
I bought a new DJI OM 4 gimbal. I went to the DJI download link by the QR code printed. I installed it and it prompted "app not installed". I have a Samsung Galaxy A10s. How can I make it work?

I tried installing the app for lower phone models and it was installed but I cannot pair with bluetooth. How can I make it work?

Unfortunately, I think you're up a proverbial creek without a paddle.

The A10 isn't on the supported device list, and likely won't be.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf

Much like my issue with the OM3, your resolution is to upgrade to a phone that is supported.
2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules