1234Next >
60159 125 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgemessiah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255171 ft

Hi,

I had the older OM2 and it worked perfectly with the Filmic Pro.

With the new OM3 and can't get the controls to work like record button and the zoom.

When I start the Filmic app it says connected to DJI OMSO but it dosen't work.

Does anywone know if it' supported?

/G

2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2019-9-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

It's not listed as supported by Filmic Pro last time I checked.  Hopefully they are working on it.
2019-9-21
Use props
georgemessiah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255171 ft

The Filmic support has replied that it at the moment don’t officially support DJI OM3 but they are working on an update.

I have to then ask DJI support why the Mimo app dose not support filming with iPhone X Tele photo lens?

Will there been support for filming with iPhone 11 Pro all lenses?
2019-9-21
Use props
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

I was surprised aswell as I decided to wait for the Osmo 3 and not buying the Osmo 2, but Filmic is not supported.

However, you can use at least the Record Button if you disable the Osmo from the Filmic app and select "Volume keys trigger record" (Or similar, I use a german version).
This works for me.
2019-9-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

georgemessiah Posted at 9-21 14:19
The Filmic support has replied that it at the moment don’t officially support DJI OM3 but they are working on an update.

I have to then ask DJI support why the Mimo app dose not support filming with iPhone X Tele photo lens?

I imagine that depends on whether these iPhone features are accessible from 3rd party apps - which is up to Apple, not DJI.
2019-9-25
Use props
WarlockUK
New

So I commented on the Android app review that it didn't work with the Osmo 3.

The reply was: "DJI has to improve its SDK before we can consider to support DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  Reach us via androidsupport@filmicpro.com for further details."

Kinda annoying as I paid a tenner for the app hoping to get some of the features that the DJI app doesn't have.
2019-9-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

I think the functions missing when using Filmic Pro with the OM3 are those accessed from the zoom lever (which in Filmic Pro doesn't give you zoom) - obviously the gimbal still works, and the record button, but the biggest nuisance (to me) is not having gimbal mode selection available.
2019-9-26
Use props
FRondot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25459 ft
France

I hope a quick support of filmic pro and a full support  of iPhone 11 Pro !
2019-10-28
Use props
fansec5a7ffd
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 09:19
Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

But the issue is your mimo app keep crashing, even on supported device. Fix your app or allow other app to work please.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansec5a7ffd Posted at 10-31 12:57
But the issue is your mimo app keep crashing, even on supported device. Fix your app or allow other app to work please.

Hi. I do apologize for the trouble you're having with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. The best thing I can do is to forward this matter to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you. Happy Filming.
2019-11-5
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 16:12
Hi. I do apologize for the trouble you're having with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. The best thing I can do is to forward this matter to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you. Happy Filming.

is it like a tease sir?.... happy filming? while our product is not working as designed?
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

young501 Posted at 11-5 17:24
is it like a tease sir?.... happy filming? while our product is not working as designed?

Hi Young501. I do apologize for the trouble from the previous post. Rest assured that we are here to assists regarding this matter. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-6
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
Today I got an Osmo Mobile 3 and tried it with Filmic pro on my Note 8 seems it is not pairing and working. It is useless for me and I am considering to return it unfortunately if this issue does not resolve. Any updates on your SDK or compatibility with filmic pro?

2019-11-8
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Brumand Posted at 11-8 18:55
Hi,
Today I got an Osmo Mobile 3 and tried it with Filmic pro on my Note 8 seems it is not pairing and working. It is useless for me and I am considering to return it unfortunately if this issue does not resolve. Any updates on your SDK or compatibility with filmic pro?

Filmi pro is a great app and I ro would like to see it supported. Hopefully between them they will resolve this issue
2019-11-9
Use props
pdemeure
New
France

II encountered too man issues with mimo app with my galaxy S10. Then I use Filmic Pro and this couple app/mobile3 is good.  The features which are not there are the zoom, the sujbject continuous following, the switch photo/video. But all other features work well.
Waiting for a mimo update, Filmic Pro is a very good solution. And even after, I'm sure I'll continue to use Filmic Pro !
Note : in order to activate the start/stop feature on the red button of mobile 3 you need to activate the use of volume button for poto and video start stop in the smartphone settings)
2019-11-9
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

pdemeure Posted at 11-9 07:14
II encountered too man issues with mimo app with my galaxy S10. Then I use Filmic Pro and this couple app/mobile3 is good.  The features which are not there are the zoom, the sujbject continuous following, the switch photo/video. But all other features work well.
Waiting for a mimo update, Filmic Pro is a very good solution. And even after, I'm sure I'll continue to use Filmic Pro !
Note : in order to activate the start/stop feature on the red button of mobile 3 you need to activate the use of volume button for poto and video start stop in the smartphone settings)

filmicpro crashes right after connecting to my osmo 3. I think we definitly need full support here for a long session of video making!

2019-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Have you set Filmic Pro to expect a Mobile 2?  That won't work.  Filmic Pro should be unaware that you are using a gimbal at all.  
2019-11-9
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 19:06
Have you set Filmic Pro to expect a Mobile 2?  That won't work.  Filmic Pro should be unaware that you are using a gimbal at all.

ok yes in that case I can just control the start and stop recording with native button mapping of filmicpro
2019-11-10
Use props
aldriglikvid
New

Sweden

Any news here? I'm buying a Anamorphic Lens and I need the options in Filmic Pro.
2019-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Filmic Pro needs to update their app to work with the Mobile 3 - it can't be done by DJI, although they would need to work with Filmic Pro to make it happen.  So, I think you'll need to ask the Filmic Pro people about it.
2019-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FP has good support.
You might want to ask them.
2019-11-17
Use props
Ankit0
New

India

What if DJI app is more useless than the native app?
2019-11-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ankit0 Posted at 11-18 19:48
What if DJI app is more useless than the native app?

It's bound to be - the native app will include features unique to the particular phone which DJI cannot access.  But DJI can include support for their gimbal which the phone developers can't access.  So you have to decide whether to use the native app or the DJI app according to the particular feature(s) you need for the project.  Sure, DJI can include more features which will work on all phones, and hopefully that will happen soon.
2019-11-18
Use props
fans07305ea8
New

Canada

This reply was from  2 months ago.  Yet STILL, OM3 does not work with the most and best used video app out there...Filmic pro.  What a disappointment I had after buying the OM3.  (I realize now, I should have done more research when buying a gimbal, because knowing what I know now...I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT THE OM3 GIMBAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-11-20
Use props
MorningChaser
New

Russia

Can not connect external microphone in DJI Mimo app.
That's why I'm looking for any other solution. Filmic Pro doesn't work with Osmo Mobile 3 and they state that your Osmo Mobile 3 SDK is yet too buggy.
Can you please either speedup Osmo Mobile 3 SDK development or at least add external mic support?
Other way it's just useless device and I need to bring it back to the shop and look for gimbal that is supported by Filmic Pro.
2019-11-21
Use props
Chris Fox
lvl.1
Philippines

OM3 issues.
Can't change save location. This is pathetic considering that 4k video recording is everywhere! You expect us to use internal phone storage for loads of 4k videos?
Mimo App sucks. If you cant provide a decent app, then work with 3rd party developers such as Filmic Pro.
Zoom speed. Not much difference in the speed regardless if you set it all the way to the slowest speed.
Active Tracking. Mimo will lose track even of my grand dad on his walking stick.
library sucks.
most of all. SLOW ASS Dev Support!

I now regret getting the OM3.. It's like "Hey buy OM3 to create great cinematic videos but youre stuck with our app with crappy features and deal with it"
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

Chris Fox Posted at 11-21 04:37
OM3 issues.
Can't change save location. This is pathetic considering that 4k video recording is everywhere! You expect us to use internal phone storage for loads of 4k videos?
Mimo App sucks. If you cant provide a decent app, then work with 3rd party developers such as Filmic Pro.

Was going to purchase, not now, DJI programmers all need to be fired or the people in the glass room do, better yet both and hire some people that know what they are doing.
2019-11-24
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
Germany

When will we see full support of Filmic Pro?
2019-11-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Filmic Pro needs to update their app to work with the Mobile 3 - it can't be done by DJI, although they would need to work with Filmic Pro to make it happen.  So, I think you'll need to ask the Filmic Pro people about it.
2019-11-27
Use props
mazo78
lvl.4
Pakistan

any update ???
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_iOfa4SimxXm0
New

Canada

Waiting at DJI for Osmo Mobile 3 to be compatible with Filmic Pro to buy it...
2019-12-11
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
Germany

We need some updates on this issue!
2019-12-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I reached out to filmic pro and the response I got doesn’t give me any hope that we will see the osmo mobile 3 supported any time soon due to the SDK provided.
2019-12-12
Use props
rev_berlin
New
Germany

That is the answer to my mail to Filmic

Thanks for writing in! We're pretty excited about the Osmo Mobile 3—it seems like a pretty great gimbal! Response to the new gimbal has been huge so we are very likely to create custom integration for it, we just haven't done it yet and I don't have an exact date of when it might happen. DJI recently released a beta version of their SDK for the Osmo Mobile 3, but it did have significant bugs so we'll need to wait for them to fix that and issue a final SDK release before we can create our own integration. I'll file your ticket as a request so that our product team knows how much demand there is and can schedule development accordingly!

So my please to DJI. Send a correct sdk. so that everyone is happy
2019-12-12
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
Germany

rev_berlin Posted at 12-12 23:44
That is the answer to my mail to Filmic

Thanks for writing in! We're pretty excited about the Osmo Mobile 3—it seems like a pretty great gimbal! Response to the new gimbal has been huge so we are very likely to create custom integration for it, we just haven't done it yet and I don't have an exact date of when it might happen. DJI recently released a beta version of their SDK for the Osmo Mobile 3, but it did have significant bugs so we'll need to wait for them to fix that and issue a final SDK release before we can create our own integration. I'll file your ticket as a request so that our product team knows how much demand there is and can schedule development accordingly!

Same here. We need so.e update about the SDK. Is it happening soon? Shall we get rid of our gimballs?
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_DfOn6Bb1iYw5
New
Philippines

Hello,

I am waiting for an update too. I hope you realize that a number of people want to use the Osmo Mobile 3 together with Filmic. We are waiting to finally be able to use it fully!

Thank you!
2019-12-21
Use props
J_Fro-Z
New
Canada

Add to this - also waiting for an update for Filmic Pro zoom support and mode switch.
2019-12-26
Use props
J_Fro-Z
New
Canada

I have the gimbal, trigger reset, pan/tilt, and record button working now in Filmic Pro. You can also set pre programmed zoom marks and get really smooth zoom while using the gimbal within the app. Not fully ideal yet, but functional and you get full control over recording. You can also control the zoom pull speed in Filmic Pro while the preset zoom is engaged.
2019-12-26
Use props
GFYS
New

Indonesia

Hey, please help me. im a newbie mobile videographer

right now i have DJI Osmo 3 and Note 10 Plus..

1. what android camera app should i use? filmic pro? moment app? or any other good apps.
Cause i need 4k 24fps and 1080 120fps in pro video mode. so i have manual control.
i see some review that dji osmo 3 are not compatible with filmic pro and moment app T_T
and i cannot achieve 4k 24fps and 1080 120fps using native note 10 app T_T.

2. What 3rd party lens should i buy?
right now i wanted moment anamorphic lens with moment note 10 case.
i saw review that anamorphic lens should mount in the phone wide lens to achieve best result.
but last night i saw another review that moment note 10 case only provide mounting in note tele and main lens.

And right now im sooooooo confused T_T
Please help me guys. thankyoouuuu
2019-12-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules