1234Next >
60215 125 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iKzDvsnOFEvO
New

Spain

alession Posted at 6-23 01:37
Looks like Filmic Pro is collaborating with DJI and waiting them to release an SDK update.

How you know that???
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC
lvl.1

Germany

alession Posted at 6-23 01:37
Looks like Filmic Pro is collaborating with DJI and waiting them to release an SDK update.

Any update or source for this?
2020-6-29
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC Posted at 6-29 12:57
Any update or source for this?

You can email the Filmicpro team and they will reply pretty quickly,  then you will have the info straight from the horses mouth.
2020-6-29
Use props
stefantimm
lvl.1

Germany

This is correct, more specifically Filmic told me that DJI will provide a unified API for the 3 generations of the DJI Osmo Mobile. There was no time frame given, but the promise that, once the API will be available, Filmic will start integrating it immediately.

It may be that the DJI Mimo app has a high priority for DJI, as it allows people with no experience in filmmaking or editing to produce content they can share almost immediately and without effort. For everyone else, there is Filmic Pro.
2020-6-30
Use props
fansc7d15f24
lvl.1

Sweden

Will there be any updates from dji soon? Otherwise there is no reason to buy this item unfortunately.
2020-7-4
Use props
camicov
New

Colombia

When will I be able to use my osmo mobile 3 with filmic pro?
2020-7-9
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

camicov Posted at 7-9 14:58
When will I be able to use my osmo mobile 3 with filmic pro?

You would be better contacting Filmicpro directly.
2020-7-9
Use props
mazo78
lvl.4
Pakistan

I think you will never be able to use it with osmo 3
2020-7-12
Use props
Utah_SAR
lvl.1
United States

So for the last 10 months this still is not supported?

Ok, I guess ill buy the competing product to the DJI OM3
2020-7-17
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

After the latest updates, only one application from Moment has become fully functional. The programmable zoom has started to work. How are things with Filmiс Pro and Mavis?
2020-7-17
Use props
Johnny Nguyen
New

United States

Mike_Zinin Posted at 7-17 07:04
After the latest updates, only one application from Moment has become fully functional. The programmable zoom has started to work. How are things with Filmiс Pro and Mavis?

Wait....what’s the name of the app that works? It’s literally called “Moment”?
2020-7-19
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

Johnny Nguyen Posted at 7-19 00:06
Wait....what’s the name of the app that works? It’s literally called “Moment”?

2020-7-20
Use props
capeflow
New

South Africa

DJI team can you please give an updated statement on this matter. Specifically where is the integration UX with F Pro at? I am making a purchase decision in the next days.

Everyone else, what alternative Gimbal are there that are better compatible with F Pro? Zoom 4?
2020-7-25
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

I would also like to buy a gimbal (dji osmo mobile 3) that works with FilmicPro. Please finally work with FilmicPro together, it's embarrassing when "the biggest manufacturer" can't do this! Or releases DJI Osmo Mobile 4, with FilmicPro support of course.
2020-7-27
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

From Filmic support:

Thanks for writing in about the Osmo 3! While at this time we do not have custom support for the Osmo 3, we would love to do so and are currently working with DJI to address some issues with their SDK (software development kit), which is the software we need to integrate the Osmo 3 with FiLMiC Pro. Currently the Osmo 3 SDK is separate from their SDK for the Osmo 1 and 2, which means adopting support for the Osmo 3 would result in removing support for the thousands of FiLMiC Pro users who rely on the Osmo 1 and 2 every day.

However, DJI has recently committed to including the SDKs for all Osmo Mobile devices into one package! Once they do this and the SDK is in good working order we will be able to integrate full custom support for the Osmo 3 while maintaining support for our Osmo 1 and 2 users. We do not have a timeline yet for when this will happen, but when we receive the functional SDK from DJI we will implement it as soon as possible. Stay tuned to our social
2020-7-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

nicovis Posted at 7-27 23:47
From Filmic support:

Thanks for writing in about the Osmo 3! While at this time we do not have custom support for the Osmo 3, we would love to do so and are currently working with DJI to address some issues with their SDK (software development kit), which is the software we need to integrate the Osmo 3 with FiLMiC Pro. Currently the Osmo 3 SDK is separate from their SDK for the Osmo 1 and 2, which means adopting support for the Osmo 3 would result in removing support for the thousands of FiLMiC Pro users who rely on the Osmo 1 and 2 every day.

I can’t see this happening anytime soon.  If ever.
2020-7-28
Use props
blangton
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI I am another disgruntled owner of the Mobile 3 and Filmic Pro. Please do the right thing
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi
lvl.1
Netherlands

Chris Fox Posted at 2019-11-21 04:37
OM3 issues.
Can't change save location. This is pathetic considering that 4k video recording is everywhere! You expect us to use internal phone storage for loads of 4k videos?
Mimo App sucks. If you cant provide a decent app, then work with 3rd party developers such as Filmic Pro.

I feel EXACTLY like you do!

Can't understand why a company won't listen to it's customers. They have lost me for one, will never buy one of their products again.
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-21 09:19
Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Just a friendly reminder that the DJI MiMo app is very limited. E.g. using story mode especially if you want to customize it, is cumbersome and sluggish. The user interface sucks and is poorly designed. Frankly if you try to use custom template the whole experience becomes frustrating and make you NOT want to use the app and therefore the gimbal anymore or less.

I can't imagine that that would be your goal. The lack of communication and step by step tutorials for people is worrying. Because you are losing customers rapidly.

And the fact that people want to use 3rd party apps has to tell you something?!?! If I were responsible for the app, I would immediately see what people are lacking in my current app. I would try and start a dialogue with my customers and actually do something with their input. Keep them updated on the process and/or explain clearly on decisions made.
Just saying "I will relay the message" is not good enough. It is that simple.

DJI has to do better!
2020-8-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi Posted at 8-1 01:48
Just a friendly reminder that the DJI MiMo app is very limited. E.g. using story mode especially if you want to customize it, is cumbersome and sluggish. The user interface sucks and is poorly designed. Frankly if you try to use custom template the whole experience becomes frustrating and make you NOT want to use the app and therefore the gimbal anymore or less.

I can't imagine that that would be your goal. The lack of communication and step by step tutorials for people is worrying. Because you are losing customers rapidly.

I totally agree and it’s such a shame as hardware wise it’s great. The fact that they are so poor with the software makes it even more astonishing that they don’t work with 3rd party venders such as filmic pro more closely to give customers the experience they want.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_7qDaes2knJem
New

Germany

Seems like I have to return the mobile 3 instantly when I will receive it tomorrow. Is there any chance for supporting filmic pro or vise versa? I can’t believe this issue still exists...
2020-8-3
Use props
ThalisBl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well to be honest I bought the Mobile 3 knowing the issues with FilmicPro and also the inferior support for Android devices with Mimo app.
And although the lack of support for FilmicPro is a problem, the lack to support properly Android devices with the Mimo app is really annoying.
I have read lots of topics why iOS devices get better support from various apps but a company like DJi should be able to provide, at least, manual exposure control to both worlds.
But I know when people buy anyway (including me) why to bother fix things?
2020-8-3
Use props
cuiet
New
Russia

I’ve been looking for some way to use Osmo Mobile 3 for half a year, no luck.
It is useless to shoot indoors if you live with grid frequency of 50 Hz (Europe, Russia). For some reason app does not support 25/50 frame rate. When one combine 25fps shots with 30/60 fps from Mimo app you get resulting video jerky.

I hoped that if I pay for Filmic pro I will be able to shoot normally, But no luck here as well. Have to sell my gimbal now. It is easier to use Mavic Mini indoors (yes, no problem with frame rates with drones!) than invent something to continue with Osmo.

Extremely dissapointed.
2020-8-5
Use props
tammyartha
New

Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-21 09:19
Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

hei there, the problem is DJI Mimo is very limited with some advance feature that Filmic Pro has.
such as Flat Color Profile and Log, and How much bitrate that it can save
2020-8-7
Use props
tammyartha
New

Indonesia

J_Fro-Z Posted at 2019-12-26 21:29
I have the gimbal, trigger reset, pan/tilt, and record button working now in Filmic Pro. You can also set pre programmed zoom marks and get really smooth zoom while using the gimbal within the app. Not fully ideal yet, but functional and you get full control over recording. You can also control the zoom pull speed in Filmic Pro while the preset zoom is engaged.

How you did that? any tutorial?
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

tammyartha Posted at 8-7 05:11
hei there, the problem is DJI Mimo is very limited with some advance feature that Filmic Pro has.
such as Flat Color Profile and Log, and How much bitrate that it can save

Hi there tammyartha. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team is continuously making the features of the DJI Mimo application better and user friendly in the future. Thank you.
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_TIHyiR7n6H0n
New

Ukraine

That is why I've ordered Zhiyun Smooth 4. While being a lesser device hardware wise it has full support in Filmic Pro. Which also means people in Zhiyun care about their customers. Something I can't say about DJI. They've made a terrible app no one wants and they force people to use it. And when people are complaining and asking for support, they make BS replies like the one above. People are not dumb despite what you may think, DJI. They're not buying this. Blatant disrespect to their own customer base.
I won't buy anything from such company based on principle and suggest everyone do the same. Vote with your wallet. Thankfully there are other alternatives out there.
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_QciiEnEszLde
New
Switzerland

Do we know if there has been an update on this??
2020-8-16
Use props
Python0
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_QciiEnEszLde Posted at 8-16 10:28
Do we know if there has been an update on this??

I just ordered one too, i have a s10 + and honestly if it still doesnt work i am going to be extremely disappointed, i had an issue with my mavic mini too and wasnt able to fly it for a month because dji didn't update their app for android 10, they had a whole year warning for it and samsung gave all the developers the warning and info they needed. There is no exuse for this chineese rubbish to not work when all other 3rd party apps work 4k 60 on my phone i heard that moment works but they have stopped support for android and i dont know if they released the update before they stopped
2020-8-16
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Python0 Posted at 8-16 14:30
I just ordered one too, i have a s10 + and honestly if it still doesnt work i am going to be extremely disappointed, i had an issue with my mavic mini too and wasnt able to fly it for a month because dji didn't update their app for android 10, they had a whole year warning for it and samsung gave all the developers the warning and info they needed. There is no exuse for this chineese rubbish to not work when all other 3rd party apps work 4k 60 on my phone i heard that moment works but they have stopped support for android and i dont know if they released the update before they stopped

It looks like your going to be disappointed if you’re wanting 4K 60fps in the Mimo app.and still no filmic pro integration.

2020-8-16
Use props
Epinephrin90
lvl.1
Germany

Using filmic pro. But only manually
2020-8-26
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

will filmic pro also not work with the dji om 4?
2020-8-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

maisen20 Posted at 8-27 01:13
will filmic pro also not work with the dji om 4?

As it stands no.
2020-8-27
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Answer from FiLMiC Support:

We heard about this release and are excited for the new gimbal—it looks great! We're hopeful that we will be able to support the Osmo Mobile 4 in the near future, but we will need to get our hands on a device and do some testing to make sure that we are able to do so before I'm able to confirm that this will actually happen.

Hopefully we'll have a solid answer either way within the next few weeks—keep an eye on our social media channels and any updates in the App Store!
2020-8-27
Use props
Lamouroux Philippe
lvl.1

France

good news !
2020-8-28
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

maisen20 Posted at 8-27 20:56
Answer from FiLMiC Support:

We heard about this release and are excited for the new gimbal—it looks great! We're hopeful that we will be able to support the Osmo Mobile 4 in the near future, but we will need to get our hands on a device and do some testing to make sure that we are able to do so before I'm able to confirm that this will actually happen.

I can only laugh at this answer from FilmicPro.
Ok, Osmo Mobile 4 (OM 4) is relatively new, but Osmo Mobile has been around for more than 1 year. Regarding the control, both devices are identical.
FilmicPro could have responded more than 1 year ago. I think that's just one of many excuses.

Until a few years ago, I only filmed with my iPhones with FilmicPro, with and without Osmo Mobile 1.
At that time, however, the iPhone only had 1 lens. Since the telephoto lens was added a few years ago, I had asked the support of FilmicPro several times to make switching the lens easier, similar to how it is done in the normal camera app.
I've already asked FilmicPro several times, now I've given up. I only use FilmicPro in exceptional cases.

Since 2016 I have been using the Osmo Mobile 1 in connection with a wide variety of iPhones (4, 5, 6s Max, 8 Max, 11 Pro Max) and with self-made aluminum adapters also YI4k + and Sony X3000. For iPhone Max and YI4k + additional counterweights.

Three days ago I get the Osmo Mobile 3. I am thrilled, it works extremely well with the iPhone 11 Pro Max, also the zoom and lens switching.

I will only use FilmicPro again with Osmo Mobile if the zoom or lens switching works just as well as in the Mimo app.

2020-9-5
Use props
djiuser_8fZSxCaear2c
New

Spain

Turns out I have the dji om3 and also the Filmic pro application for Android, but this is not compatible with dji om3 / om4. Its developers told me a couple of days ago that they are working with you to make the app compatible, is that true? Are you going to let them access your sdk?
I'll give you a screenshot and the translation. I would like you to clarify it.

Good recording app, probably the best.  However, it does not have compatibility with the dji om3 / om4 ​​... I know it is DJI's fault and I do not ask for innovative options, but unless the zoom works ... There really is no way to recognize external buttons of a bluetooth accessory  and assign them as if we were talking about a gamepad?  What a disappointment ...

Hi Ivan, unfortunately you can't.  The gamepads
other accessories do send all events to the
device, but not the stabilizers @.  In
either case, we are working with DJI to
support both OM3 and OM4 as soon as possible
possible. Thanks for the review and have a good day
2020-9-6
Use props
djiuser_8fZSxCaear2c
New

Spain

I can't post the screenshot :/ i dont know why ...

In any case, it would be appreciated if they say if it is true that they are working with filmic or is it false. Thanks and best regards.
2020-9-6
Use props
Lewenter
lvl.1
Hungary

Good news! DJI OSMO 2/3/4 for Filmic Pro is available today. It really works, just not everything is clear how to :-)
2020-9-9
Use props
BarajasFernando
lvl.1
Mexico

Lewenter Posted at 9-9 06:49
Good news! DJI OSMO 2/3/4 for Filmic Pro is available today. It really works, just not everything is clear how to :-)

Yes , yesterday Filmic Pro launched a new update that supports OM 2, 3 and 4
2020-9-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules