1234Next >
60178 125 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guayar
lvl.2
Poland

J_Fro-Z Posted at 2019-12-26 21:29
I have the gimbal, trigger reset, pan/tilt, and record button working now in Filmic Pro. You can also set pre programmed zoom marks and get really smooth zoom while using the gimbal within the app. Not fully ideal yet, but functional and you get full control over recording. You can also control the zoom pull speed in Filmic Pro while the preset zoom is engaged.

Hi, how to set set pre programmed zoom marks in Filmic pro? Thanks
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_7zRvxXDYVbsm
New

United Kingdom

Also waiting for an update reom Filmic Pro, been waiting since i got my Dji OM 3 in november 2019,
Not to mention that O have bluetooth connectivity issues all the time on native up it is useless.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-9-21 09:19
Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Greetings, I would like to refer to the 3rd party apps and DJI Osmo 3. I love this gimbal, it is very god tool and I have no issues with using it however, your default app is not offering the modes which my phone is using so I cannot record in 4k with 60 FPS for example and there are no options to switch between 3 different lenses of my camera with your App. So I would love to stay with DJI Mimo as long as your app would offer full support for all available mods for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 which is currently not possible.
And which is why to be able use my phone camera with all it features I'm forced to use default camera app or 3rd party apps like Filmic Pros instead of DJI app.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn Posted at 1-7 06:11
Greetings, I would like to refer to the 3rd party apps and DJI Osmo 3. I love this gimbal, it is very god tool and I have no issues with using it however, your default app is not offering the modes which my phone is using so I cannot record in 4k with 60 FPS for example and there are no options to switch between 3 different lenses of my camera with your App. So I would love to stay with DJI Mimo as long as your app would offer full support for all available mods for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 which is currently not possible.
And which is why to be able use my phone camera with all it features I'm forced to use default camera app or 3rd party apps like Filmic Pros instead of DJI app.

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
Guayar
lvl.2
Poland

djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn Posted at 1-7 06:11

They will not do that. Sadly we need to wait for filmic pro support of that gimbal. Support is very crappy. They cannot even implement cropping of the photo in photo mode to change aspect ratio I strongli advice against this gimbal on all forums and reviews I see as this is not good gimbal for Android. there are more flaws like there is no slowmotion. 3rd party apps can implement, but DJI developers cannot - that's funny. I already started to spread news about that and people started to see how crap android support is here.
2020-1-7
Use props
FRondot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25459 ft
France

Hello,

Somes news of Filmic Pro Support ?

Best,
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 09:22
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

With full respect to your programming staff, but if you are not able to make your app to use the features that Filmic Pro can use easily it means it is not feature limited by the phone producer but just the mimo app is not decent at all. Mimo is fine as basic app with basic features to beeing used for filming basic quality videos. Why you cannot provide SDK for Osmo Mobile 3 to other developers so they can use your awesome Gimbal with their soft and let the customers use the gimbal for high-quality filming?

It is the only request we have here on this forum make SDK availabe and share it with Filmic Pro developers.

Regards,
2020-1-12
Use props
HenryT
lvl.1
Singapore

One would think the developers would put some effort to ensure their app uses all the camera features that exists on a flagship phone. For the life of me, I cannot understand why MiMo does not allow us access to the other lenses. Why would we prefer to use the main lens for things like Hyperlapse when the wide-angle one would be more useful? Why do we want to limit ourselves to only the main camera lens? I can already guess what the reply from DJi, if any, would be.
2020-1-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If you are talking about Android, then lens selection is proprietary code, not Android, so has to be coded on a per-phone basis, and with the cooperation of each phone manufacturer.
2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 2019-11-27 16:56
Filmic Pro needs to update their app to work with the Mobile 3 - it can't be done by DJI, although they would need to work with Filmic Pro to make it happen.  So, I think you'll need to ask the Filmic Pro people about it.

To make Filmic pro work with Osmo 3 they need SDK provided by DJI and it looks like DJI is not in hurry to share SDK with other 3rd party developers so I will repeat with other here on the forum we are stuck with a low performing DJI Mimo App which is like 2-3 years behind competitors.
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-23 02:35
If you are talking about Android, then lens selection is proprietary code, not Android, so has to be coded on a per-phone basis, and with the cooperation of each phone manufacturer.

It is not true I can easily choose different lenses in FilmicPRo for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 when DJI Mimo doesn't offer any choice except from the front and rear camera.
2020-1-30
Use props
Daniel Micele
New

Maldives

Sorry I hope the the management could read it...
they try to make with osmo3 and their own app a closed system... but user will never except that... filmic pro is the leader and you have only three options...

1.) you buy filmicpro and integrated in your Familiy.
2.) you invest are lot more money and build the same app (but if you need more than 3 month, nobody will waiting there for you... )
3.) you Open your fucking SDK and working together with the leaders in that erea and let the Customer decide. And if you are money driving then make a function option where people could buy 5$ to get the access for the gimble (can buy in the app from filmicpro if you talk and deal with them).

But if you don’t understand that people want that solution. If that I have waiting so mutch to use it with Wolfram lens... you are total wrong and working in the wrong direction (and I’m shure other company will come who will give the people what they want...)

So please make it not so difficult at all
2020-2-4
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

Daniel Micele Posted at 2-4 05:24
they try to make with osmo3 and their own app a closed system... but user will never except that... filmic pro is the leader and you have only three options...

Well Said!!! Completely agree! Bravo!
2020-2-10
Use props
djiuser_95m5zTnyBHwn
lvl.1

United States

Daniel Micele Posted at 2-4 05:24
they try to make with osmo3 and their own app a closed system... but user will never except that... filmic pro is the leader and you have only three options...

But sadly I'm guessing they will leave this part of forum and will try to avoid id as fire
2020-2-10
Use props
Flo#39sX
New

Austria

I read this forum because I have the same problem. It looks like DJI and Filmic pass the ball back and forth and as I understand DJI does not really have the interest to solve the problem.
The Mimo App is basic and does not use the potential of my camera as the Filmic does. Unfortunately I didn't made a deeper research if the OM3 works with Filmic. I just knew the OM2 does.
Now I have to decide to return back the OM3 and stay with Filmic. I surely stay with the better one.  I hope the people in charge will notice this.
2020-2-19
Use props
Aberle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509528 ft
France

After doing a little bit of research I have noticed that DJI is no longer too keen on letting third party apps have control over the gimbal, hence the lack of support in the Filmic Pro app (which is a real bummer, in my opinion). This is especially annoying since the DJI Mimo app's video capabilities are a bit basic and lackluster, not to say disappointing, and it also lacks crucial features such as preset path guidance in real-time video. Sadly the OM3 is more of a downgrade from the two previous models, and has become a simple stabiliser instead of a full-fledged video-making tool and miniature robotic arm.
2020-2-19
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Aberle Posted at 2-19 11:17
After doing a little bit of research I have noticed that DJI is no longer too keen on letting third party apps have control over the gimbal, hence the lack of support in the Filmic Pro app (which is a real bummer, in my opinion). This is especially annoying since the DJI Mimo app's video capabilities are a bit basic and lackluster, not to say disappointing, and it also lacks crucial features such as preset path guidance in real-time video. Sadly the OM3 is more of a downgrade from the two previous models, and has become a simple stabiliser instead of a full-fledged video-making tool and miniature robotic arm.

Makes me wonder why they remove features that were standard on the earlier models, most firms try enhance not dumb down the products.
2020-2-19
Use props
Teovmy
New

Netherlands

Seriously fix this or just do the announcement you won’t.
This is a bad bad bad service and product if you provide restrictions or creat a lock-in
2020-3-4
Use props
Teovmy
New

Netherlands

J_Fro-Z Posted at 2019-12-26 21:29
I have the gimbal, trigger reset, pan/tilt, and record button working now in Filmic Pro. You can also set pre programmed zoom marks and get really smooth zoom while using the gimbal within the app. Not fully ideal yet, but functional and you get full control over recording. You can also control the zoom pull speed in Filmic Pro while the preset zoom is engaged.

Are you saying it works for you?
2020-3-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Those items work of course, as with any third party app.  Chief problem is that to change the gimbal mode you have to use the Mimo app, as there is no button on the gimbal itself to do that.
2020-3-4
Use props
jonathansatori
lvl.1
Thailand

I wish the mimo app allowed you to use bluetooth headphones to monitor the sound when recording. like how awkward is that!
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_wvUP6jpNljy8
New
South Korea

Hello dji.. Dji osmo 3 is one of the best gimbal in this recent time..But as being myself a osmo 3 user, i want to suggest you that gimbal is used mostly to record cinematic video and flimic pro has been best app to record professional video till now, as it has dslr like settings and can record high dynamic range video and many other..and i have seen most of the people who wants to capture  cinematic videos, hesitate to choose osmo 3 just because it doesn’t support flimic pro..i don’t know, either osmo 3 or flimic pro needs to update to make support each other, but if you guys work on this thing, then you can increase your market more and most of the people are also waiting for this because both are the best.
JUST MY OPINION.. Thank you
2020-3-7
Use props
Mico
New
Greenland

Hopefully SDK is in progress so we can use OSMO Mobile 3 with Filmic Pro. Such a perfect pair but this last step make it happen, please!
2020-3-28
Use props
Bomberp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2644672 ft
Poland

I want to buy new gimbal and thinking about Osmo Mobile 3 but i saw Mimo app is very simple compared to Osmo Pocket. I also saw, how work Filmic Pro with Zhiyun Smooth 4.
What do you think, could Zhiyun will be a better choice?
2020-4-4
Use props
djiuser_Qq2dSUhgmWQS
New
Slovakia

I am unpleasantly surprised that DJI has been ignoring the requests of customers for months, to adapt their SDK to FilmicPro.
Is there any DJI support here? Can someone from DJI support give us more information to this issue?

Your disappointed customer.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_d7ipmcwA63Sl
New

Hungary

Hello and good day georgemessiah. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who are using the Filmic Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications when operating or using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes for both the gimbal and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Yeah but your app guys doesnt work very well. No manual control for the videos and photos. Useless with android, I cant take nothing good with it, thats why  I will sell my osmo Mobile 3 after one day of use.
Big camera focused company can't able manual controll.....joke
2020-4-11
Use props
LexvdN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110295 ft
France

Bomberp Posted at 4-4 15:36
I want to buy new gimbal and thinking about Osmo Mobile 3 but i saw Mimo app is very simple compared to Osmo Pocket. I also saw, how work Filmic Pro with Zhiyun Smooth 4.
What do you think, could Zhiyun will be a better choice?

I have a Smooth4 and bought the Osmo Mobile 3 a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed. It is lighter, some features work much better (e.g. bluetooth connection to my iPhoneX, using the gimbal device as battery backup while working, balancing the camera-device, ...) but some are worse (see above, mostly cinematic options).
Zooming is something to mention: Zooming on the Smooth4 is with a wheel so you can control the zooming in detail. However, if you want to zoom in or out slow, then the zooming stutters. On the Mobile 3 zooming is controlled bij a slider. You have much less control over zooming then with a wheel. And even on the lowest setting zooming goes pretty fast.
2020-4-17
Use props
LexvdN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110295 ft
France

djiuser_Qq2dSUhgmWQS Posted at 4-8 11:21
I am unpleasantly surprised that DJI has been ignoring the requests of customers for months, to adapt their SDK to FilmicPro.
Is there any DJI support here? Can someone from DJI support give us more information to this issue?

Agreed. I'm an ethousiastic not professional filmmaker and use my iPhone X and a gimbal. I have a Smooth4 and there were some issues as I mentioned in another reply. Just after I bought the Mobile 3 I was very pleased: small, light, easy to use (balancing and bluetooth connection e.g.). But after a while and a lot of experimenting I missed several features. You cannot set the volume knobs to trigger start/stop filming, as I can in Filmic Pro and othet camera apps. This way I can't use a bluetooth trigger key but have to be near the device and press the record button. Various cinematic options in the Mimo app are for people who want a quick way to do special things, but not for 'serious' filmmaker like me.
In essence it is a very good device, as I expect from DJI. I have a Mavic2 drone also and I/m still very pleased with that. The helpdesk of Smooth4 is responsive and especially the Filmic helpdesk is not only responsive but has answers which are helpful. From DJI Osmo Mobile helpdesk I also get only replies like: 'We don't recommend you to use other apps/device with the Osmo Mobile 3'.
So: I want to use Filmic Pro also as I used to for years now (also on my Smooth4). Please don't have me to regret I bought a Mobile 3.
2020-4-17
Use props
f4il0verflow
New

United States

I was excited to buy the DJI Osmos Mobile 3. I got across this post doing some rearched . So sad your SDK is not working with 3rd party apps. I guess you lost a customer. Best regards.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_x2ExrfvO0dGf
New
Canada

I just purchased the OSMO 3 combo and was deeply frustrated to see it does not work with Filmic Pro. Unbelievable. Such crap. I searched and found over 60 comments dating back from September 2019 requesting OSMO give Filmic what they require to make this compatible. So disappointed. Please fix this.
2020-4-27
Use props
bigteddyt
New

United States

Just ordered the Osmo 3, and looks like I'm returning it. This is beyond frustrating.
2020-4-28
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi all, you are all aware by now that DJI do not support third party apps, I have had DJI products for many years now and nothing has changed, yes 3rd party developers do make apps for some DJI platforms, but these developers make these app specifically for that platform, weather it be a drones, cameras or gimbals.
So if you haven’t had a reply in this forum from DJI that normally means it won’t be happening.
It’s up to the 3rd party developers to resolve these issues.
2020-4-29
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 4-29 23:48
Hi all, you are all aware by now that DJI do not support third party apps, I have had DJI products for many years now and nothing has changed, yes 3rd party developers do make apps for some DJI platforms, but these developers make these app specifically for that platform, weather it be a drones, cameras or gimbals.
So if you haven’t had a reply in this forum from DJI that normally means it won’t be happening.
It’s up to the 3rd party developers to resolve these issues.

The crazy thing is I’m sure if DJI worked more closely with 3rd party app developers the products would be more popular and sell more, which would be a win for everyone. I don’t understand the walled garden approach especially if it hits sales.
2020-4-29
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

AlanHd Posted at 4-29 23:56
The crazy thing is I’m sure if DJI worked more closely with 3rd party app developers the products would be more popular and sell more, which would be a win for everyone. I don’t understand the walled garden approach especially if it hits sales.

Very true, this would make sense, but it’s unfortunate they don’t.
There is a reasonable app for this OM3 and that’s moment pro, but this developer is not supporting the android platforms anymore, as the iOS platform is small compared to all the android platforms.
Same with DJI they do favour IOS.
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_a54NqcytIslH
New

Germany

Three days ago my Osmo Mobile 3 (OM3) arrived. At first I thought I could handle it because FilmicPro doesn't really support the OM3. But after seeing that the Mimo app offers practically no professional settings at all, I was so shocked that I will definitely return the OM3 tomorrow. This thread is now 8 months old. Absolutely nothing has changed. Some claim that it's because of FilmicPro, others that DJI is to blame. In my eyes it's DJI who doesn't release a reasonable and working SDK. And not because they cannot, but because they do not want to. And here everyone is being put off for 8 months. The OM2 together with FilmicPro is worlds better when it comes to professional video recording. But after having had this experience with the OM3 and the support from DJI, I will not buy a gimbal from DJI at all. The Zhiyun Smooth 4 is already on order. If I were to describe my anger as emotionally as possible, regardless of polite language, my reaction would be a clear and direct: Fuck You!
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_6YDMFqHk4U5F
New

South Africa

After discovering that
1. Mimo doesn't take external audio
2. OM3 is not compatible with Filmic Pro
I regret buying this gimbal (OM3). What's the point?
2020-6-6
Use props
mazo78
lvl.4
Pakistan

i have osmo mobile 3 but I'm thinking of selling it. And then take another company. i think Zhiyun Smooth is best for filmic pro
2020-6-8
Use props
rz52
New
United States

My Osmo 2 (OM2) works very well with FilMic Pro (FMP).
Was ready to buy OM3 due to its portability.
Many months have gone by and still OM3 and FMP is not resolved.  I don't expect that OM3 and FMP will ever work.
Therefore, will not buy OM3 or any other DJI phone gimbal unless it integrates well with FMP.
2020-6-13
Use props
swifty99
New
Flight distance : 77001 ft
Germany

I bought the OM3 as a replacement for my OM1.

I regret it.

How could I have thought DJI goes back to the campatibility dark ages? Considering not to update my drone with DJI again. Should I really check which features have been removed before buying?
2020-6-14
Use props
alession
lvl.1
Italy

Looks like Filmic Pro is collaborating with DJI and waiting them to release an SDK update.
2020-6-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules