Pretty Disgusted
2764 52 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

S.J Posted at 9-27 09:30
You dont need to calibrate every time the compass for a Mavic 2 pro...it is quite common for the drone to indicate compass error , calibrate etc...
All you do is fly up the sky atleast to 40 meters high and do a home lock position while the remote indicates GPS .it will completely become normal...

I usually don't even have to fly up that high for a home lock.  I get that when it initially lifts off and hovers.
2019-9-27
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft

I read this thread with interest the other day and was wondering what my new Mavic 2 would do upon arrival to Arizona. After firmware update and some settings updated I brought it out and experienced no errors at all. All sensors in the green. A little higher than I like but I did calibrate afterwards and brought those way down. Several flight since then and no compass errors at all. Has to be some sort of software / device compatibility issue.  Hope you all get that worked out soon.
2019-9-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

Archangel3356 Posted at 9-27 12:02
I read this thread with interest the other day and was wondering what my new Mavic 2 would do upon arrival to Arizona. After firmware update and some settings updated I brought it out and experienced no errors at all. All sensors in the green. A little higher than I like but I did calibrate afterwards and brought those way down. Several flight since then and no compass errors at all. Has to be some sort of software / device compatibility issue.  Hope you all get that worked out soon.

Yes the new firmware update has corrected so many features !
2019-9-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft

Neo Supreme Posted at 9-27 11:26
I usually don't even have to fly up that high for a home lock.  I get that when it initially lifts off and hovers.

There is also a safety feature  that the Mavic 2 Pro will not take off initially from 3 meter high position until the GPS has been locked and Home Point has been set.  This is a very good functionality  compared with  previous DJI SPARK owners who have lost their drones  due to missing the Home Point setting.
2019-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 9-28 06:42
There is also a safety feature  that the Mavic 2 Pro will not take off initially from 3 meter high position until the GPS has been locked and Home Point has been set.  This is a very good functionality  compared with  previous DJI SPARK owners who have lost their drones  due to missing the Home Point setting.

That safety feature is also a feature of spark and has been since its release .
2019-9-28
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411811 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 9-27 00:53
people took time out of their day to help you, you now feel it’s ok to insult them, this says a lot more about you than them, it’s says your a whiner who feels much more at home whining who doesn’t need anybody’s help, would rather rant than sort out.
I’ll leave you now to continue to rant good day .

Thanks for the help
2019-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Yraegel Posted at 9-28 17:59
Thanks for the help

Sarcasm lowest form of wit .
2019-9-29
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-29 00:26
Sarcasm lowest form of wit .

Well, I disagree with that but...
The entire point of this thread has been totally lost. In fact, it was never found.
DJI told me to just deal with it back on June 2nd, "We understand your disappointment and we apologize if we didn't meet your expectations."
So to everyone who told me to just calibrate it, it only takes 10 seconds, I sincerely apologize if I offended you with my reply Seriously, without dimwitted sarcasm.
But it didn't help. I wasn't asking for reinforcement of DJI's response. Since some people report they never have the issue while others only intermittently, that leads me to believe it is a product defect.
It doesn't take 10 seconds.
2019-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Yraegel Posted at 9-29 06:15
Well, I disagree with that but...
The entire point of this thread has been totally lost. In fact, it was never found.
DJI told me to just deal with it back on June 2nd, "We understand your disappointment and we apologize if we didn't meet your expectations."

I never said it takes 10 seconds, while you say it’s a fault, your ignoring the fact that there are almost No Crashes as a result of whatever change dji has made to M2, that’s not to be sniffed at, many people choose to calibrate before they fly, nothing wrong with this although not necessary, you also could have posted screenshots of the fact that you have to calibrate 100% of the time at same location, I have a friend who also told me he has to calibrate ALL the time, but when I went to see this problem it seemed this was not the full truth, basically he had to calibrate every time he moved location as per manual , he also had to recalibrate if he returned to his usual place of flying.

And I can certainly say from the second I pick up my craft to calibrate to do two 360’s takes no more than 20 seconds and that’s a fact.
2019-9-29
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 9-29 06:28
I never said it takes 10 seconds, while you say it’s a fault, your ignoring the fact that there are almost No Crashes as a result of whatever change dji has made to M2, that’s not to be sniffed at, many people choose to calibrate before they fly, nothing wrong with this although not necessary, you also could have posted screenshots of the fact that you have to calibrate 100% of the time at same location, I have a friend who also told me he has to calibrate ALL the time, but when I went to see this problem it seemed this was not the full truth, basically he had to calibrate every time he moved location as per manual , he also had to recalibrate if he returned to his usual place of flying.

And I can certainly say from the second I pick up my craft to calibrate to do two 360’s takes no more than 20 seconds and that’s a fact.

Now I'm a liar. Dimwitted liar. Sweet, again, thanks for your help.
2019-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Yraegel Posted at 9-30 18:08
Now I'm a liar. Dimwitted liar. Sweet, again, thanks for your help.

If the cap fits !!!!!!!
2019-10-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

The manual states you'll be asked to recalibrate every 30 days if unflown or 31 miles from the previous point.

My M2P does this and the logs clearly show the trigger for it.  One of the firmware updates stopped it but it came back with the one after that.  It doesnt bother me, takes 10 seconds on the start of a new series of flights in a new location.

Not everyones seems to be prompting it though - some M2s dont seem to ask.
2019-10-1
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 10-1 03:39
If the cap fits !!!!!!!

Thank you for unequivocally making my point.
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules