DJI Mavic Pro | iPhone X | IOS 13 and DJI GO 4 - not connecting
6631 26 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imnoskill
New

Hi guys,
Updated my iphone on Friday before I flew for Iceland and made a big mistake. Trying use the drone in Iceland and it won't connect to my iphone x. works perfectly fine for on my ipad but the cable is way to short to manoeuvre the controller around the ipad. Looks like DJI need to update their software to be compatible with IOS13 (maybe even 13.1 when it gets released on tuesday!

Anyone else have teh same issues?

Thanks,
Ron
2019-9-22
Use props
imnoskill
New

IOS 13 + DJI GO 4 + Iphone X + Mavic Pro - Not working

I hope the devs can work on this given that it's taking alot of time out of my trip and hindering my ability to capture any footage.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ron. I am sorry for the trouble this has given you. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Rest assure this thread will be cascaded to the designated DJI department/developers for further attention. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-9-22
Use props
ivan1469
New
Italy

hi Ron, with big surprise today I used my DJI Mavic connected to my Iphone (ios 13.1.3) and does't take pictures!!! unbelievable!!! I hope DJI must to update asap, I cannot awaiting new update IOS.
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ivan1469 Posted at 10-24 13:53
hi Ron, with big surprise today I used my DJI Mavic connected to my Iphone (ios 13.1.3) and does't take pictures!!! unbelievable!!! I hope DJI must to update asap, I cannot awaiting new update IOS.

Hi ivan1469, just to verify, could you take the picture by pressing the button on the RC, without connecting the App? May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance?
2019-10-26
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hello,

I bought my first Drone today - a Mavic Air... everything seemed to be working fine until I downloaded the app. The app opens fine, connects to the drone, ready to fly and then the app immediately crashes. I re-open, but the same issue happens over and over, I cannot even get the motors running as the app stays open for about 3 seconds.

I have a iPhone XS Max, and have updated all the IOS software to the latest (13.2.2) and I have also updated the firmware via the DJI assistant.

Please let me know what I can do, otherwise I will be returning this tomorrow.
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_f9yz7HwTg2T3
lvl.1
Canada

sbudden Posted at 11-8 13:23
Hello,

I bought my first Drone today - a Mavic Air... everything seemed to be working fine until I downloaded the app. The app opens fine, connects to the drone, ready to fly and then the app immediately crashes. I re-open, but the same issue happens over and over, I cannot even get the motors running as the app stays open for about 3 seconds.

Hi there I’ve got the same issue; cannot even use the app ; it runs fine until I have the RC connected and Mavic Pro connected; immediately it tells me I need to do an air safe update then crashes; sometimes it loads up and then crashes; I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times; tried it on my iPhone XR , iPhone 11pro and both fail. Please help me DJii!!!!!
2019-11-8
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

DJI Support, any news on this?? Seems I am not the only one with this issue and I cannot use the drone until this is resolved.

FYI - I tried to use my iPad today to see if that made any difference - it did not :-( so I am now starting to think the problem is with the hardware itself (Drone or Remote Control)
2019-11-9
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

djiuser_f9yz7HwTg2T3 Posted at 11-8 20:13
Hi there I’ve got the same issue; cannot even use the app ; it runs fine until I have the RC connected and Mavic Pro connected; immediately it tells me I need to do an air safe update then crashes; sometimes it loads up and then crashes; I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times; tried it on my iPhone XR , iPhone 11pro and both fail. Please help me DJii!!!!!

Did you get any joy on this?
2019-11-9
Use props
fansdf0af0a0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sbudden Posted at 11-9 07:35
Did you get any joy on this?

Hi!I’m the 3rd one with exactly this issue.I’ve got the Mavic Air today and for 6hrs I ‘ve tried everything on 3 different devices:Iphone 8,iphone X and Ipad Pro.On every device the same problem!RC it’s connecting with the drone but when I connect the smartphone to the RC I got a message (see pic below)and whatever   I do the DJI Go4 app it’s crashing in 10 sec!What’s wrong please!
2019-11-9
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Ahh sorry to hear this... least it’s no fluke. I’m waiting on a reply from DJI support. If either of you manage to resolve it in the meantime (or get an answer from DJI) please post it on here - I’m desperate to get it fixed  
2019-11-9
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

fansdf0af0a0 Posted at 11-9 12:17
Hi!I’m the 3rd one with exactly this issue.I’ve got the Mavic Air today and for 6hrs I ‘ve tried everything on 3 different devices:Iphone 8,iphone X and Ipad Pro.On every device the same problem!RC it’s connecting with the drone but when I connect the smartphone to the RC I got a message (see pic below)and whatever   I do the DJI Go4 app it’s crashing in 10 sec!What’s wrong please![view_image]

This is the exact message I get too before it crashes
2019-11-9
Use props
fansdf0af0a0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@DJI support we need your help!!!It seems something it’s wrong with the DJI GO 4 app!

@sbudden On Monday I’ll try to connect the MAVIC Air on my mate SAMSUNG phone to be sure everything it’s fine with the drone.Also I’ll ask on some FB groups  with drone users maybe somebody have a  clue and I’ll post  in here. anyway!Good luck to everybody!
2019-11-9
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

fansdf0af0a0 Posted at 11-9 23:41
@DJI support we need your help!!!It seems something it’s wrong with the DJI GO 4 app!

@sbudden On Monday I’ll try to connect the MAVIC Air on my mate SAMSUNG phone to be sure everything it’s fine with the drone.Also I’ll ask on some FB groups  with drone users maybe somebody have a  clue and I’ll post  in here. anyway!Good luck to everybody!

Thanks mate, let us know how you get on with the FB Forums and Samsung.

I am waiting on DJI to reply to me, and I am also going to go and see a representative at the store I bought it from... will share any updates on here once received.
2019-11-10
Use props
fansdf0af0a0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I’d gave another try today and I found the issue!First you have to start the drone on the RT and after open the app and everything will be OK.(Ibefore I’d opened the app and after I’d started the drone and theapp crashed).When you’ll land the app it will close by itself!Please try this way and let me know!
2019-11-10
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

fansdf0af0a0 Posted at 11-10 05:44
I’d gave another try today and I found the issue!First you have to start the drone on the RT and after open the app and everything will be OK.(Ibefore I’d opened the app and after I’d started the drone and theapp crashed).When you’ll land the app it will close by itself!Please try this way and let me know!

Ah Well done! Can I ask what you mean by start the drone on the RT? what is the RT? - Also what phone are you using??

I have received a very concerning email from DJI support that the iPhone XS is not actually supported yet!! only the iPhone X downwards...
2019-11-10
Use props
fansdf0af0a0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RT-sorry-RC (remote controller)!My phone is Iphone X.updated to IOS 13.2.2.First  you have to  connect the phone to the RC,start the drone and the RC and just  after open the DJI GO 4 app!I’m sorry to hear it’s not compatible with IPhone XS,I’d checked on the side of my box (if you have the white cardboard box,you can check,iPhone XS it’s not mentioned,the last generation it’s iPhone X).Good luck!
2019-11-10
Use props
klimklim
New
United States

I have a Mavic Air and am experiencing the same issue described above. The DJI GO 4 app works perfectly fine up until it establishes a connection to the drone, upon which it crashes within a few seconds.

Things that I tried that DID NOT WORK:
- Tried using iPhone X and iPad Pro with all publicly available iOS13 versions - same issue.
- Tried powering on the different elements (drone RC / app) in every possible order - including the order suggested above (comment 17) - same issue.
- Tried using several different drone firmware versions (installed via the DJI Assistant computer app), including the latest - same issue.

As someone who writes software for a living: the fact that such a massive bug was able to make it into production for a $1k consumer product is completely appalling. This bug makes me question the competency of the DJI software team. I'll wait a week to see if the issue gets resolved - if not, I will return the drone and buy a competing product.
2019-11-10
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

klimklim Posted at 11-10 07:12
I have a Mavic Air and am experiencing the same issue described above. The DJI GO 4 app works perfectly fine up until it establishes a connection to the drone, upon which it crashes within a few seconds.

Things that I tried that DID NOT WORK:

Could not have put this better myself... furthermore the iPhone XS has been released since Sept 2018! How can software for a device over a year after release still be out of date - very concerning.

Nevertheless, I don't think the XS is the issue, as I have the same problem when using my friends iPhone 7 or my iPad. I will be returning the drone if a fix cannot be found next week. Such a pity...
2019-11-10
Use props
sbudden
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

fansdf0af0a0 Posted at 11-10 06:52
RT-sorry-RC (remote controller)!My phone is Iphone X.updated to IOS 13.2.2.First  you have to  connect the phone to the RC,start the drone and the RC and just  after open the DJI GO 4 app!I’m sorry to hear it’s not compatible with IPhone XS,I’d checked on the side of my box (if you have the white cardboard box,you can check,iPhone XS it’s not mentioned,the last generation it’s iPhone X).Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up, glad you managed to get yours working

Will wait to hear from DJI support....
2019-11-10
Use props
klimklim
New
United States

I was finally able to get the DJI GO 4 software to work on my iPhone X with iOS 13 and the DJI Mavic Air.  Below I outline exactly what I did. I hope this helps others that are in this unbelievably frustrating scenario.

Although I do not know for certain, I believe the key was to take the flight quiz, get the firmware update, and get the fly safe map that pop up immediately after you make your first connection to the drone.  Although this would presumably be simple if the app actually worked as intended, this turns out to be very complicated because the app crashes several seconds after connecting to the drone. Below I described how I got around this. Unfortunately it required access to a computer and an Android phone.

1. The Flight Quiz: Immediately after you connect to the drone, a flight quiz pops up. As mentioned above, the app quits shortly thereafter, which prevents you from taking it. The work around is as follows: As soon as the quiz pops up, and before the app crashes, immediately disconnect your phone from the remote controller. For whatever reason, this prevents the app from quitting and lets you take the quiz.

2. The Latest Firmware: Installing new drone firmware through the iPhone app was not possible because the Firmware update does not pop up until you connect to the drone, and as mentioned above, the app quits several seconds after connection. Simply disconnecting your phone as described in (1) will not work because you have to first download the firmware and then upload it to the drone. To download the new firmware and then upload it to the drone, I used DJI Assistant Pro 2, which is a free app (MAC download here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2).  One of the tabs in the App is “Firmware Update.” Follow those instructions there.

3. The Fly Safe Database: Installing the newest fly safe map through the iPhone app was not possible because the database update does not pop up until you connect to the drone, and as mentioned above, the app quits several seconds after connection. Simply disconnecting your phone as described in (1) will not work because you have to first download the database and then upload it to the drone. To download the new database I had to connect to the drone via an Android phone, where DJI GO 4 is apparently more stable (Hilariously I recall reading that DJI GO 4 is supposed to be optimized for iPhone X and thus iOS).  I then followed the standard instructions.

In addition to executing 1 - 3, I restarted the software and my phone - I have no clue if that actually did anything.  

Anyways, I hope this helps other frustrated users in this situation. Hopefully DJI will patch this soon.
2019-11-10
Use props
klimklim
New
United States

Note that it might be possible to get Steps 1 - 3 to all work from the DJI GO 4 Android app and then successfully switch to the iPhone app -- I'm not sure. The steps that I described above are simply the steps that I followed to get things to work. .
2019-11-10
Use props
glideman
lvl.1
United States

I just bought my air yesterday app keeps crashing so call customer service this is the email i received:

Thank you for your contacting DJI Technical Support.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and apologizing for the inconvenience.

Our R&D team is working on this problem. Furthermore, we will optimize it as soon as possible.

Kindly pay more attention to our official website for the update soon.

Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best Regards,   

Karen
DJI Technical Support
2019-11-12
Use props
glideman
lvl.1
United States

BTW its a iphone 8 with the latest ios update
2019-11-12
Use props
glideman
lvl.1
United States

tried the update in the assistant and it make it crash too
2019-11-12
Use props
fans9966d2d5
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 11:08
Hello and good day Ron. I am sorry for the trouble this has given you. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Rest assure this thread will be cascaded to the designated DJI department/developers for further attention. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding and support.

Any update on iOS 13 compatibility. I just spent $1700 on a damn drone that’s useless
2019-11-12
Use props
fans7d489ae9
New
Canada

So. My Mavic pro worked with my iPhone X but to get the app to work properly was a struggle from new. I just upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro and I can’t get the app to connect at all. Has any 1 had issues like this and is there a fix
2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules