o(^-^)o
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_mphaqUZIu2DO Posted at 3-15 19:35
Are there any solutions for that issue?
Its have been 4 month.

No update and I’m not expecting a fix anytime soon with what’s going on in the world, what would be nice tho is an official responses saying that once things get back to normal that a fix will be forthcoming.
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_7zRvxXDYVbsm
New

United Kingdom

Omg, seriously???! This thing is such a useless piece of junk. Its unbeliveable
2020-3-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_7zRvxXDYVbsm Posted at 3-27 09:16
Omg, seriously???! This thing is such a useless piece of junk. Its unbeliveable

Define junk, as a gimbal it works well, it’s the app which is limited especially on Android.
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_l6JIll6kCIkc
New

Canada

For goodness sake I'm running online classes during this corona virus shut down. Specifically went and purchased this device because of the functionality of the gesturing and tracking as well as the ability to save to SD (as is clearly stated in the promotional material)... I lost 3/4 of a class last night because your app fails to deliver as promised and my phone was too full from previous lessons. It's the third time now I've had to select all the dji mimo videos and wait for them to be moved so I can continue recording. Please think about the misleading nature of your promotional materials and the number of people who purchased these products in good faith only to find out that the they have to choose between features of the gimble or function of the app...
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_99x5undoC3hJ
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-9-22 10:16
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS systems the photos and videos will be saved in the album. Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card. However, we will check if the photos/videos can be assign directly to the SD card via the app. Thank you for your support.

Hey, i am having troubles with my osmo mobile 3 device i have it set up and all. I was using it for 5 or so minutes then a message popped up on my screen saying storage is full... i deleted over 500 different photos and maybe 60 videos of my phone, i go to try again and it says storage is still full?? Why is this happening?? Please help?
2020-4-21
Use props
Explorographer
lvl.1

United States

Just so everyone is aware...this is an OS controlled issue.  Writing from an app to an SD card on Android 10 is no longer allowed.
2020-5-12
Use props
fansd40444e4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Explorographer Posted at 5-12 09:32
Just so everyone is aware...this is an OS controlled issue.  Writing from an app to an SD card on Android 10 is no longer allowed.

That's bs because on my osmo 2 it still records to the sd card directly using the same note 9 and now android 10.1
2020-5-12
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Explorographer Posted at 5-12 09:32

Since when, every camera app on my S10+ An android 10 and I have a few allows me to save directly to SD card apart from Mimo.
2020-5-12
Use props
1xraydoc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Support sucks.  They could care less.  This is an easy fix but they are too lazy to do it now that they have our money.  1 Star on Google play might help but doubt it
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_61pZmjzMb6g8
New

Canada

Bought a osmo mobile 3 2 days ago to record in 4K.  Now I find it doesn't write to the SD card in android phones.
I bought it to record a friend's wedding.
Do you think I'm angry!
Is there any word from DJI as to what and when they're going to have a fix.  Or are they going to have a fix'

AJG
2020-6-23
Use props
djiuser_GaOFB0C3QB18
New
United States

djiuser_61pZmjzMb6g8 Posted at 6-23 19:16
Bought a osmo mobile 3 2 days ago to record in 4K.  Now I find it doesn't write to the SD card in android phones.
I bought it to record a friend's wedding.
Do you think I'm angry!

I assume theyre going to gove us another lame excuse along with their robotic last sentence, thank you for understanding. No we do not understand.
2020-6-24
Use props
Phaerocon
New

United States

Yep what a joke. Whats the point of recording 4K video if you can't save it. Looks like I'll be going back to yuneec products.
2020-7-7
Use props
Bladerunner2049
lvl.1

United States

This is my first DJI product and not being able to store video directly to an SD card is a serious limitation.  This must be fixed or I will be returning this product and avoiding any future DJI purchases. Right now I can only store 25 minutes at 1080p before the app stops recording. Your website says "Android devices save photos and videos in phone storage or the microSD card."
2020-8-10
Use props
CaptainCrypto
New

United States

This is actually quite embarrassing that this feature is not currently enabled. As mentioned above, even some of the most amateurish apps out there allow saving to SD card. Plenty of us are working with large media files and are already low on on-phone memory.

Make it happen, DJI!
2020-8-26
Use props
HowardTitman
lvl.1
Canada

Found this, currently installing, haven't tried it yet.... Android - Playstore:  Now you got the ways to move apps to SD card from phone storage with just a couple of Taps. Also to manage such apps, you can use ‘AppMgrIII’

Purchased and installed the PRO version of the app.
Mimo DOES NOT appear in the list of MOVEABLE APPS

Sorry, no solution HERE.
I tried!
Presumption WAS, that:
If the APP was moved to SD, and the default SAVE LOCATION was on the APP installed STORAGE LOCATION - all would be solved.... NOT!!!

HOWEVER: using the APP AppMgrIII Pro purchased to MOVE all other possible APPS to free up memory.
Not the desired solution, but better than before.
2020-9-15
Use props
jpsone
New
Flight distance : 10085 ft
Germany

We need this essential feature!!! What's up DJI?
2020-11-7
Use props
devlspawn
New

United States

Wow wtf DJI. I heard support was rough from you guys, but never expected a tech company could fumble this bad.  This thread had been going for almost 2 years and DJI hasn't put out a fix that would take a developer 10 minutes to implement (I know, I am one).  I'm warning all my friends and family away from your company
2021-1-10
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

devlspawn@yahoo.com Posted at 1-10 03:07
Wow wtf DJI. I heard support was rough from you guys, but never expected a tech company could fumble this bad.  This thread had been going for almost 2 years and DJI hasn't put out a fix that would take a developer 10 minutes to implement (I know, I am one).  I'm warning all my friends and family away from your company

That seams to be DJI all over. Make great hardware and fail with the software.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_KHg6P0yPDNCw
New

Germany

Are you fucking serious, you can't chose where to record?
The DJI devs are a fucking disgrace to mentally disabled people.
2021-1-26
Use props
keltik85
New

Germany

You fucking DJI software devs.

I am a software developer myself.

Your mothers should be ashamed that they gave birth to you: Are you too stupid to set the saving location for 2 fucking years?
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_SY14Ikv5Smjw
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi DJI

I'm a new user and completely shocked there's no option to download straight to the sd card..

Come on guys, you can do better than this.. And it's been 2 years since this thread started.. Work it out please..

Kind regards
Every single DJI owner..!
2021-3-28
Use props
fansd40444e4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_SY14Ikv5Smjw Posted at 3-28 04:58
Hi DJI

I'm a new user and completely shocked there's no option to download straight to the sd card..

Hi mate sorry you wasn't aware of this before you bought the osmo.   I was the pne who started this topic as you rightly said 2 years ago and dji still on the dji osmo 3 stated that it can rexord to sd card but the mimo app will not let you, it was a big big let down.   I personally suggest that you learn using the gimbal and you are confident enough use the camera app itself if there isn't a feature you like in the normal camera like instance if your normal camera app doesn't do hyperlapse then the next thing you can do is try filmic pro £10.99 or £11.99 that has everything including cinematic looks.   Anyway when you use the phones normal camera app im very sure you can save sd card for definitely there.   
2021-3-28
Use props
Lollerskittles
New

New Zealand

Hello,

I am really disappointed in your company that there has been no fix for this? The thread was started years ago and you still cant have the app default save to SD card. What is going on here!!!!! At least an explanation of why this cannot be done would be better than completely ignoring your customers who have spent a large amount of money on a device. My phones internal storage is massively limited and I'm trying to record 20 - 30 minute videos? Nightmare.
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_kG82vaqINk3a
New
Indonesia

Just bought this not knowing it cannot save to SD card Android, while all my other app can do it without issues but not DJI MIMO,

It sold for $164 USD at the place where I live this is a big waste of money because there is no return policy and i am stuck with this piece of crap.

Please provide option to save video to SD Card. This is a must have feature
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_eoGlkVDECsU3
New

United States

Any update on this topic? Has DJI finally made a fix for giving us option to record directly to sd card instead of internal memory?
Thanks!
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules