When will DJI Mimo support iPhone 11 Pro Ultra wide lens??
12Next >
13948 44 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frankieto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160236 ft

I would like to know when will DJI release an update for DJI Mimo to support iPhone 11 Pro Ultra wide lens?? Thank you.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Frankieto, our engineers are working on the compatibility between DJI Mimo and iPhone 11 series, if there is any news, we will update via the firmware or APP release notes.
2019-9-22
Use props
Jamok
lvl.1

Just got myself a Osmo mobile 3 the other day and found this issue too. So glad you guys at DJI are onto it already.
Looking forward to the update, hopefully it comes before my trip to Japan in November
2019-9-29
Use props
fansd31e6235
New

I just purchased the Osmo Mobile 3 after buying my new iPhone 11 and this was the first thing I looked for. I purchased this to primarily use the ultra wide lens and was surprised there wasn’t a button or option to select it. Make it happen DJI!
2019-10-1
Use props
FloriDan
lvl.1

+1 on getting support for ultra wide. I'm really pleased with the video I shot over the weekend, but if I had it to do over again, I probably would have gone outside the Mimo app and used the iPhone phone app instead so I could have taken advantage of the wider angles available there.
2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_VBBX2XmBmNjl
New

I was also disappointed to see that the Memo app was not compatible with the super wide angle lens of my iphone 11 pro max. i am really looking forward for the update!
2019-10-7
Use props
Kiran Gurung
lvl.1

is this going to happen??? I bought osmo mobile 3 for my trip end of october and was a bit upset to realise it don't support ultra wide lens yet. Would be great if this is updated before my trip.
2019-10-13
Use props
Erikvdo
lvl.1

Make mine another vote for this feature being available ASAP! Filmic Pro already supports all three iPhone 11 Pro lenses, but I also want access to all of the lenses when taking still photos with my phone in my new Osmo 3.
2019-10-15
Use props
Simusio
lvl.1
Canada

+1
I have an LG G7 with a wide angle lens, please consider all the other phones that have multiple lenses too!
Thanks DJI!

2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

Nothing new? Is there any date to get iPhone 11 Pro update? Two months after presentation, but nothing happens.. it would be a pity not to get the chance to use super wide lens on this device. I hope Thi update will be out soon. Thanks
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

Nothing new? Is there any date to get iPhone 11 Pro update? Two months after presentation, but nothing happens.. it would be a pity not to get the chance to use super wide lens on this device. I hope Thi update will be out soon. Thanks
2019-11-2
Use props
NYSubway18
lvl.1
United States

Just picked up the Mobile 3 to use with my iphone11 to do some quick real estate videos... I cannot believe it doesn't support the wide angle lens.  It's the only reason I got this.  Come on DJI... get with it!
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

I hope engineers and technicians are still working on iPhone 11 Pro ultra wide lens compatibility. For users it's very strange that dji Osmo Mobile doesn't support it. It's two months today iPhone 11 announcement and still nothing comes out. Is it so difficult to get this feature? Wait everyday to get firmware update, so our Osmo will turn into a ultra professional device!!
2019-11-10
Use props
BrentDWells
New
United States

The Mobile 3 works great with my iPhone11 except for no ultra-wide lens support. This THE reason to buy your gimble and an iPhone 11. Give us an ETA on the update please...
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

Today 28th November... almost 3 Month after iPhone 11 announcement, but still no update concerning ultra wide lens!!!
Is there any problem? Will we ever use this feature?? A little bit disappointing.. Wait.. Wait...
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_KLG0RIbfeuPi
New

Canada

I just got my osmo mobile 3.

Literally astonished to find that the app doesn’t support ultra wide.

Will be returning.
2019-11-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Does any gimbal work with this lens, though?
2019-11-30
Use props
TommyOshima
lvl.1
Japan

I just discovered that the Moment App has an OSMO Mobile 3 support and also can switch to the ultra wide angle. Even though you can only control Osmo Mobile for a limited function.
We can possibly use Moment App for a temporary substitute until DJI Mimo gets to a proper update.
FF85A24C-1793-4CAD-B660-FD8B6BE0E290.jpeg
2019-11-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What 'support' does the Moment app have for Osmo Mobile 3?  I can't find anything apart from shutter, which just about every camera app will 'support'.

[Edited to add that I'm using the Android version of the Moment app - and I suspect that the iOS version of the app is more fully featured.  Rather like with Mimo...]

2019-12-1
Use props
TommyOshima
lvl.1
Japan

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-1 01:42
What 'support' does the Moment app have for Osmo Mobile 3?  I can't find anything apart from shutter, which just about every camera app will 'support'.

[Edited to add that I'm using the Android version of the Moment app - and I suspect that the iOS version of the app is more fully featured.  Rather like with Mimo...]

https://help.shopmoment.com/article/192-osmo-support-ios

Here goes the online manual from Moment regarding the usage with Osmo. I see they only notice “iPhone” but not android.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

01 December... still waiting.... it's like having a supercar but don't get the keys to start!!! Unfortunately I can't return it, but seriously disappointed for this missing feature... Iphone 11 max pro ultra wide lens is a unique feature for this device and I wonder: "Don't  Dji technicians know how to upgrade it? We'll see...
2019-12-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w Posted at 12-1 10:59
01 December... still waiting.... it's like having a supercar but don't get the keys to start!!! Unfortunately I can't return it, but seriously disappointed for this missing feature... Iphone 11 max pro ultra wide lens is a unique feature for this device and I wonder: "Don't  Dji technicians know how to upgrade it? We'll see...

Us S10 plus users are also waiting on ultra wide angle lens support
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

AlanHd, believe me I can't understand it... too long to upgrade this feature.... I am so Sorry, but almost 3 months after iPhone 11 announcement, not acceptable...
2019-12-1
Use props
JMGR95
New

Spain

do you have any jitter with the new iPhone's and Osmo Mobile 3?
2019-12-2
Use props
KiranG1
lvl.1
Belgium

really upset with DJI ... they are busy advertising their sale /// i dont think they will ever update this ... they are finding it hard to make it work well as it is never mind any upgrades...too bad i cannot even return this now
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

KiranG1 Posted at 12-5 03:26
really upset with DJI ... they are busy advertising their sale /// i dont think they will ever update this ... they are finding it hard to make it work well as it is never mind any upgrades...too bad i cannot even return this now

It sounds bad, but I am about thinking it’s true.
Maybe updating a firmware is even expensive other than hard. Not even good the fact no Engineer or responsible in this forum don’t say anything about this issue.... that’s the reason why I doubt to get an update... anyway... wait for nothing or will they succeed??
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_on5U8v9URR3c
New

Hong Kong

djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w Posted at 12-6 15:05
It sounds bad, but I am about thinking it’s true.
Maybe updating a firmware is even expensive other than hard. Not even good the fact no Engineer or responsible in this forum don’t say anything about this issue.... that’s the reason why I doubt to get an update... anyway... wait for nothing or will they succeed??
I have asked DJI SUPPORT team , here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your interest into our DJI Osmo mobile 3 / DJI Mimo app and yet sorry to tell we don't have yet official statement from our developers team about this matter.

We could only advise for a moment to kindly wait for future update within our official website, as it's already taking action with coordination with Apple manufacturers.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_RliKAzhptR1w
lvl.1
Italy

Do I have to give in?
In the future I will make a tour in other brands before buying products not fully compatible with my iPhone.
"as it's already taking action with coordination with Apple manufacturers", ....... Dji should advice all developers that they're taking too much time and it's almost time for iPhone 12!!
Will I buy Osmo Mobile 4 to get ultra wide lens feature???
Me, as a new Dji customer, really disappointed.
2019-12-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've heard before that Apple can be pretty tedious to work with.  Possibly the delay is all Apple's, but obviouisly DJI are not going to say that in public.
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We are working on this.  
The release depends on the testing result so we are unable to offer a specific date.
Plz kindly wait for the update.
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_R0AVMsgJ8Fd5
New

Germany

It’s finally online !!
2020-1-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"1. Adds support for iPhone models with multiple cameras and switching between cameras when taking photos and videos."
2020-1-11
Use props
megasound
New
Greece

I think that now everything works fine !! I have already ordered  one for me after this update !! Well done dji !!!
2020-1-12
Use props
colinbm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31161 ft
United Kingdom

Still not supported in Timelapse/Hyperlapse though.
2020-3-3
Use props
kampfdackel
New

Germany

colinbm Posted at 3-3 07:12
Still not supported in Timelapse/Hyperlapse though.

Yes, unfortunately I also had to find that out yesterday. very bad. I hope that will be available soon. Timelapse simply looks even better, at least I think if they were taken with the Ultra Wide lens.
2020-7-2
Use props
JK1000
New

United States

I have the DJI Osmo 2 and I'm using it with my Iphone 11 ( 2 lenses). Is there a way to change the lens to the wider lens choice? I can not see the option and its currently cutting off parts of the floor and the ceiling.
2020-9-1
Use props
davidcluxford
lvl.1
Flight distance : 543806 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-9-22 19:53
Hi Frankieto, our engineers are working on the compatibility between DJI Mimo and iPhone 11 series, if there is any news, we will update via the firmware or APP release notes.

Your response is over a year old! A YEAR! Still not an option for Mimo and the awesome gimbal? The third lens is becoming standard on high end phones! You guys have such cool stuff and are known for the software support. What's with this lack of third lens? Get someone on it!
2020-9-20
Use props
davidcluxford
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Frankieto, our engineers are working on the compatibility between DJI Mimo and iPhone 11 series, if there is any news, we will update via the firmware or APP release notes.

Your response is over a year old! A YEAR! Still not an option for Mimo and the awesome gimbal? The third lens is becoming standard on high end phones! You guys have such cool stuff and are known for the software support. What's with this lack of third lens? Get someone on it!
2020-9-20
Use props
davidcluxford
lvl.1
Canada

2020-9-20
Use props
davidcluxford
lvl.1
Canada

2020-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules