New props, new TB48 batteries needed ASAP ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Perhaps somebody with DJI badge or good connections will be able to answer a simple questions many of us is trying to find answer for:
Is DJI going to manufacture another batch of TB48 batteries for Inspire 1 series? And recently improved propellers?

Many of these birds are still in service (kudos to DJI for design excellence and durability of Inspire 1), many is entering second-hand market. They're still capable to deliver superb aerial imagery. Unfortunately new batteries are all gone, nowhere to find ... No, not eBay, or any other global landfill ... I'm talking about authorized DJI dealers stock and official DJI online store.

2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. We would recommend checking with our other dealers to possibly purchase the TB48 batteries using the link below.  Thank you for your understanding and support.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-9-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-22 13:00
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. We would recommend checking with our other dealers to possibly purchase the TB48 batteries using the link below.  Thank you for your understanding and support.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Tony, in the name of God and Love ... where do you see TB48 battery available on DJI's official online store??? Please provide a link or have a mercy on seasoned customers like myself and say nothing ...
2019-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

DJI have completely removed every accessory for the Inspire 1 from their UK online store last month. Your best bet is to check on line dealers in your area and hope they have stock. There are very few here that do now though I managed to find and buy 8 new 1345T's from what appears to be the only place in the UK that still had them. My main dealer advised that the Inspire 1 is totally EOL now and all production has stopped - including props and batteries...
2019-9-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-23 08:03
DJI have completely removed every accessory for the Inspire 1 from their UK online store last month. Your best bet is to check on line dealers in your area and hope they have stock. There are very few here that do now though I managed to find and buy 8 new 1345T's from what appears to be the only place in the UK that still had them. My main dealer advised that the Inspire 1 is totally EOL now and all production has stopped - including props and batteries...

"My main dealer advised that the Inspire 1 is totally EOL now and all production has stopped - including props and batteries..."

Yeah, like he really know something we don't ...
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-22 13:41
Tony, in the name of God and Love ... where do you see TB48 battery available on DJI's official online store??? Please provide a link or have a mercy on seasoned customers like myself and say nothing ...

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I'm referring to the product that has reached the End of life. Some products or accessories may still be available on our store, however, providing a batch of stock will be discontinued as it's no long on our production. Hope that this would clarify the situation.Thank you!
2019-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-23 10:00
"My main dealer advised that the Inspire 1 is totally EOL now and all production has stopped - including props and batteries..."

Well they are the largest and longest serving DJI reseller in the United Kingdom with direct links to the company (beyond a mere forum) so I suspect he knows a little more than you and I.
2019-9-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

The TB48 battery prices are unbelievable.
2019-10-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>

based on our private discussion. I had these battery boards sitting around. If you disconnect the original battery cells from the lower termnal board and put a good 4500 lipo in the circuit … it may be possible to fool the inspire 1 to run.

Its just not easy to do all the work, for very little pay off  IMO

Rich..

IMG_3940.jpg IMG_3941.jpg
2019-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 11:03
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I'm referring to the product that has reached the End of life. Some products or accessories may still be available on our store, however, providing a batch of stock will be discontinued as it's no long on our production. Hope that this would clarify the situation.Thank you!

Its to bad that DJI couldn't give this End of Life technology to a third party vendor so they could produce batteries for all these  Inspire 1 series drones!

Rich
2019-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

This thread was the reason I got into this purchase.  It came with 4x 4x props.  With 2x High-wattage chargers, 1x low-wattage for travel, an ND filter, a DJI back strap for holding the controller, the case.  The chargers still all had their plastic shipping protection that was peeling off!  I've flown on all the batteries, works perfect.  4.34 per cell on all the batteries.

20191005_013557.jpg
tempFileForShare_20191005-013947.jpg
2019-10-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 10-4 20:43
based on our private discussion. I had these battery boards sitting around. If you disconnect the original battery cells from the lower termnal board and put a good 4500 lipo in the circuit … it may be possible to fool the inspire 1 to run.

Thank you, Rich. It's more a matter of challenge than looking for a really viable solution. First obstacle: every suitable 6S LiPo pack out there is significantly heavier than the whole TB battery ...
2019-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-4 23:43
Thank you, Rich. It's more a matter of challenge than looking for a really viable solution. First obstacle: every suitable 6S LiPo pack out there is significantly heavier than the whole TB battery ...

Matthew

I believe the best pack to look for is the new Lipo Graphene HV. you need the 4.35v cells

Rich
2019-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 10-4 20:47
Its to bad that DJI couldn't give this End of Life technology to a third party vendor so they could produce batteries for all these  Inspire 1 series drones!

Rich

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry about this situation, however, some accessories or DJI products still can be purchased to our other dealers. Thank you for understanding.
2019-10-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 10-8 13:45
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry about this situation, however, some accessories or DJI products still can be purchased to our other dealers. Thank you for understanding.

Hi Tony
Thanks for your reply, but I am not commenting about the old DJI Inspire 1 batteries in stock by other dealers.

I mean, it would be nice if DJI give the technical build information to other third party vendors to make new Inspire 1 batteries..…. this way we can keep the Inspire 1  around longer.

Rich
2019-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 10-10 20:52
Hi Tony
Thanks for your reply, but I am not commenting about the old DJI Inspire 1 batteries in stock by other dealers.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. No worries, I'll forward your suggestion to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-19
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

..... still looking and hoping for a source of tb47 or tb48, or a well documented way to ,rebuild, these
2019-11-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

PS013 Posted at 11-3 06:46
..... still looking and hoping for a source of tb47 or tb48, or a well documented way to ,rebuild, these

Unfortunately it doesn't look good as for now. Eventual aftermarket production by 3rd party manufacturer may not result in good quality, reliable enough batteries. There's no confirmed success of any DIY attempt to recycle/rebuild old batteries with new LiPo packs. It is seemingly simple and doable, but it's not ...
However, the idea of swaping deteriorated cells with new ones removed from TB48S battery seems to be a viable solution for skilled DIY person. These batteries used for M600 and Ronin are still available.

TB48 (Inspire) v TB48S (Matrice)
2019-11-3
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-3 10:33
Unfortunately it doesn't look good as for now. Eventual aftermarket production by 3rd party manufacturer may not result in good quality, reliable enough batteries. There's no confirmed success of any DIY attempt to recycle/rebuild old batteries with new LiPo packs. It is seemingly simple and doable, but it's not ...
However, the idea of swaping deteriorated cells with new ones removed from TB48S battery seems to be a viable solution for skilled DIY person. These batteries used for M600 and Ronin are still available.

Thank you for the link. I will keep this as a last resort.
2019-11-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

PS013 Posted at 11-4 16:36
Thank you for the link. I will keep this as a last resort.

Anybody should ... It's like playing with a grenade with safety pin removed ...
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_xbCLxQwutlig
New

Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2019-10-4 20:43
based on our private discussion. I had these battery boards sitting around. If you disconnect the original battery cells from the lower termnal board and put a good 4500 lipo in the circuit … it may be possible to fool the inspire 1 to run.

[Image]

Hi I am Ahmad , is this both of board working? Do u wanna sell it. Contact me plz siadshahab@gmail.com
2020-7-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xbCLxQwutlig Posted at 7-2 18:17
Hi I am Ahmad , is this both of board working? Do u wanna sell it. Contact me plz siadshahab@gmail.com

Yes, I have 4 TB48  boards and they were working upon removing them, but I have not done anything with them for over a year. It would take a lot of work to get these working again as I cut all the cables from the circuit boards.

they might be good parts to replace bad ones however they are not complete by themselves....   $10 bucks for each board set plus shipping  if you are interested, let me know, I can give you more photos

Rich
2020-7-3
Use props
fansa18a5496
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15705 ft
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2019-10-4 20:43
based on our private discussion. I had these battery boards sitting around. If you disconnect the original battery cells from the lower termnal board and put a good 4500 lipo in the circuit … it may be possible to fool the inspire 1 to run.

salve una domanda stupida ...sto cercando la scheda che hai messo in foto con il cavetto tra scheda e celle ..non so perche la mia è completamente fusa .sapete consigliarmi dove acquistarla ho ne avete voi nel gruppo da vendere? Grazie
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules