Beginners Question
1139 11 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

I have been given a DJI Phantom 2+ drone with a bunch of accessories. After charging everything, and updating everything through PT2,  the drone flies very well. The issue I am having is the wi-fi extender is not bonded to the camera. I have searched YouTube and everything else, and I see where to go in to the app, under settings, etc. This brings me to my next issue. When I do a search in the PlayStore "android device", I do not see DJI Vision listed. Where can I download an app that will work with the Phantom 2 that I can also use to re-bond the wi-fi extender to the camera?
As you may be able to tell, this is my first drone. I have no experience what-so-ever. So please keep your responses simple and easy to follow.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to help you further with your DJI Phantom 2+ and with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com for further assistance and for us to assist you further. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-22
Use props
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

Thank you for the reply

I reached out to the community because I was under the understanding the DJI Phantom 2+ drone is no longer supported.
Is this not correct?
Anyway I have sent an email to the address provided.
2019-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Good luck finding your answers.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

There are several variations of the P2, so it's important to describe your AC completely and correctly to avoid confusion as there are significant differences between the models.  Since you used a "+", I assume you have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+.  

The binding process is described in the manual which can be found on this site.  You'll need the MAC address of the wifi module inside the drone.  It's on the sticker on the module inside the drone.  If you're lucky, it may be on a sticker on the bottom of the AC, but probably not.  You can also get it with a wifi analyzer.

Your drone is about five+ years old, so chances are better than even that your wifi module has the "black screen" which means, although you can probably bind it and get telemetry and other info, you won't have FPV.  Usually a flash of the bottom board will solve the problem.  The procedure is outlined at various online sites including youtube.

Good luck
2019-9-23
Use props
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-23 02:39
There are several variations of the P2, so it's important to describe your AC completely and correctly to avoid confusion as there significant differences between the models.  Since you used a "+", I assume you have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+.  

The binding process is described in the manual which can be found on this site.  You'll need the MAC address of the wifi module inside the drone.  It's on the sticker on the module inside the drone.  If you're lucky, it may be on a sticker on the bottom of the AC, but probably not.  You can also get it with a wifi analyzer.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have the Phantom 2 vision plus
I have read the stories of the black screen and I believe I also have this issue. but first I have to bind the wi-fi extender back to the camera. When I go to https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-plus and click on the download for android link on my phone it does not download and I can not find it in the play store. Without the app installed I do not know how to bind the wi-fi extender to the camera.
The QR sticker on the bottom is clean and intact so I can get the MAC address.
2019-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer

Are you sure you're on the right page?  

Edit:  Try again.  

Below is a link to the right page.  DJI has provided a download of the flight app right on their P2V+ page for your convenience.  Please tap on the "Android" icon found on the upper right part of your screen to download the app.  It works for me.  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads

There may be a delay, meaning you may have to wait a bit for the download to start.  If it still doesn't download after you wait, try downloading to a desktop or laptop and then transfer the file to your Android.

Good luck.

2019-9-23
Use props
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-23 04:03
Are you sure you're on the right page?  

Edit:  Try again.  

Okay.
I did what you suggested and downloaded the app to my PC then transferred it to my phone and installed it. Now I have the app on my phone. yay...
I turned on the drone then the range extender. I open the app went to settings then binding under range extender. I clicked bindings and for SSID and MAC both shown N/A.  I clicked scan QR code and it scans with no issues and shows the MAC and SSID in the new camera fields. I then tapped the blue box with the white check and my phone screen flashes two white screens and goes back to the main screen for the app. I do not see bindings successful.
When I go back to settings then bindings I see the settings did not save..

The version of the app I have is 1.0.59

Any Ideas?
2019-9-23
Use props
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

fans0a31449f Posted at 9-23 17:12
Okay.
I did what you suggested and downloaded the app to my PC then transferred it to my phone and installed it. Now I have the app on my phone. yay...
I turned on the drone then the range extender. I open the app went to settings then binding under range extender. I clicked bindings and for SSID and MAC both shown N/A.  I clicked scan QR code and it scans with no issues and shows the MAC and SSID in the new camera fields. I then tapped the blue box with the white check and my phone screen flashes two white screens and goes back to the main screen for the app. I do not see bindings successful.

update.

Thinking the issue is a version issue. Old app on a newer phone. I pulled out a old gen 1 Ipad. I got the app installed and got the camera bindings set.
No the camera does not work and I just see the spinning cursor on the Ipad but that is another issue as mentioned earlier.

I would like to thank everyone who replied for their help.
2019-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer

I use an old Nvidia Shield K1 and it still works great.  Nvidia stopped making them a while back but they can still be found if you look hard enough and are willing to spend the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ... 8&condition=all

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... eld+k1&_sacat=0

If the QR code sticker is on the bottom of the AC, it's likely it has the MAC address printed there just below the code.  So there is no reason to scan the code.  Just type the MAC address in manually when you do the binding.  

However, you can't be sure if the sticker is correct since the wifi module may have been swapped out at some point over the past half decade - maybe several times.  If you take the top off, the module will have a sticker on it showing the MAC address printed on it.  Who knows - the module may be missing altogether.  Take the top of and look.  You can also get the MAC with a wifi analyzer.  They are free at the playstore.  The name of that particular signal will be <HIDDEN> but the MAC will start with 60 60 1F followed by six alphanumerics.  Don't confuse it with the RE MAC which is named <Phantom> and also starts 60 60 1F...

Are you sure the camera doesn't work?  Put in a formatted SD card into the gimbal and press and hold the button on top of the gimbal for three secs, then let go.  See if it records.  Let it record for ten secs and then push the button again to stop the video.  Remove the card.  View the video on your desktop with an SD card reader.  I think you will find It likely records video just fine.  The camera is likely fine.  The problem is likely in your wifi module, not the camera.

Be sure all the plugs in the gimbal are fully inserted.  

Good luck
2019-9-24
Use props
fans0a31449f
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-24 11:28
I use an old Nvidia Shield K1 and it still works great.  Nvidia stopped making them a while back but they can still be found if you look hard enough and are willing to spend the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0171BS9CG/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Thanks for the reply.
I just ordered the USB to TTl serial converter adapter module from the river. Flashing the lower camera board is easy enough to do so why not give it a shot. I downloaded the files needed as well. I hope all goes well and everything starts working again once done. We will see
2019-9-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer

That's great but I think you're trying solve problems in the wrong order.  You need a connection first.  Without a connection, how do you know the bottom board needs to be flashed?  From what I can tell from your posts, you haven't successfully binded and connected the wifi between the camera and your mobile device.  The wifi connection and the "black screen" problem are two different and completely independent issues.  There is no relationship between the two.  You should bind and connect first.  Confirm that telemetry and other info is being sent to your mobile device successfully.  Then, if you have the black FPV screen, flash the bottom board of the wifi module.  As I mentioned before, we don't even know if you have a wifi module.  It might have been cannibalized and sold on eBay years ago.  
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules