Wifi adaptor Range for Osmo pocket
5111 4 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1574327 ft

Hi There,

Can someone please tell me what is the maximum wifi range I should get with the Wifi Adaptor for the Osmo Pocket.

Thanks,

Kim
2019-9-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

The maximum would be obtainable in a field.  In buildings it will be different, with competing wifi transmissions around, it will be less.  Range is also dependent on whether you define perfect video transmission as your objective, or whether some degradation is acceptable.  In other words, it's a bit of a piece of string question.  I'd be inclined to turn it around and enquire whether you have a particular scenario in mind.  Then someone who may have used theirs in a similar situation might be able to advise you of their experience.
2019-9-23
Use props
have pocket with most accessories just brought extension rod the wifi adapter to save have usb lead however used for first time its so slow and jerky and blotch cant use it is this common fine on usb lead expensive if dont work work properly
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_vIKgM8VxRcWq
lvl.1

I've ran my wireless ~20yds with varied results. Typically stuttering video and controls. Running at 5.8g. Some obstructions but outdoors in sight. When closer to 10yds, no issues at all. The connection depends on the mobile device as well. My iPhone 6, Samsung 8+ and older Android tablet responded differently. Newer devices definitely worked better than the older in smoothness but still worked regardless.
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Kim. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket maximum communication distance between the wireless module and a mobile device in an environment without interference, the distance can reach up to 50 m in 2.4 GHz or up to 60 m in 5.8 GHz. Thank you.
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules