Osmo Mobile 3 on iPhone Pro Max
13353 20 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMRE
lvl.2

Is the Osmo Mobile 3 compatible with the new iPhone Pro Max?

2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TMRE. Thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the iPhone 11 Pro Max on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the iPhone 11 Pro Max will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-23
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-23 08:43
Hello and good day TMRE. Thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the iPhone 11 Pro Max on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the iPhone 11 Pro Max will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Stephen, Thank you for your prompt response. I know there would need to be a future update on the device for it to work. Are the motors on the Osmo 3 stronger than the previous Osmo 2? I figure that if not, than there is no hope.
2019-9-23
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>

Check here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D710%26typeid%3D710

Also, plenty of videos on YouTube showing the combination to work.
2019-9-23
Use props
DocRock
New

Aloha,

I’ve tested and it works fine the motors don’t seem to struggle at all and the battery  life is still about the same
2019-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

DocRock Posted at 9-23 22:15
Aloha,

I’ve tested and it works fine the motors don’t seem to struggle at all and the battery  life is still about the same

How long have you tested for,  I found with the OSMO 2 and XS max that it would work OK for a while but then the Osmo would just give up and the phone would be uncontrolled, like the motors turned off.
2019-9-24
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

DocRock Posted at 9-23 22:15
Aloha,

That's such great news!!! You made my day. Thank you!
2019-9-24
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

Has DJI announced when they will support the iPhone Pro 11 Max?
2019-9-25
Use props
spunge411
lvl.1

does the iPhone 11 pro Max built in stabilization work with the Osmo 3 stabilization?
2019-9-25
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

spunge411 Posted at 9-25 09:09
does the iPhone 11 pro Max built in stabilization work with the Osmo 3 stabilization?

The basic functions work but I believe they still need to tweak it.
2019-9-27
Use props
darrins
lvl.4

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 06:20
How long have you tested for,  I found with the OSMO 2 and XS max that it would work OK for a while but then the Osmo would just give up and the phone would be uncontrolled, like the motors turned off.

I had the OM3 on for about an hour straight today with my 11 Pro Max in an Evutec Karbon case mounted. I shot about 15 videos or so. The OM3 did not heat up at all and was very smooth. Seems like a perfect combo.
2019-9-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

On about half the 'expert' reviews on YouTube, you can see clearly that the expert reviewer hasn't understood that the phone has to be balanced in two planes.  I can't help wondering whether in some instances, any overheating of the gimbal might be caused by the phone not being properly balanced in that way.  If it's grossly wrong I think you'd see an error message, but if it was less badly balanced, time and use might be the cause of overheating.  Wild guess, I admit.
2019-9-29
Use props
spunge411
lvl.1

TMRE Posted at 9-27 12:47
The basic functions work but I believe they still need to tweak it.

Thanks. hope the do
2019-9-30
Use props
Kantcpelwurds
New

I'm using the Mobile 3 with the 11 Pro Max and it seems to work just fine.  My only issue is I can't seem to figure out how to switch between my telephoto camera and my ultra-wide angle camera.  Is the Mimo app supporting this function??  I would love to use the auto-tracking feature AND my wide-angle lens.  Thanks for the help!
2019-10-5
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

Kantcpelwurds Posted at 10-5 08:19
I'm using the Mobile 3 with the 11 Pro Max and it seems to work just fine.  My only issue is I can't seem to figure out how to switch between my telephoto camera and my ultra-wide angle camera.  Is the Mimo app supporting this function??  I would love to use the auto-tracking feature AND my wide-angle lens.  Thanks for the help!

I just recorded a handful of recording using the front camera. None of the video files are working, I only hear sound. Major issue
2019-10-6
Use props
TMRE
lvl.2

Just an FYI,

The video recordings I made using the front camera of the iPhone Pro 11 Max do not play. I only hear the audio and no video is present. I am able to play them back within the mobile App. Argh!!! Codec must be bad on the software for the iPhone.
2019-10-6
Use props
BKester
New

I can't balance the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a case on it.  My case is a little thicker than a clear silicone one and it puts the balance too far forward in the bracket mount.  The out of balance warning is constant and the upper arm motor runs hot.  I take the case off and that goes away.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_U92NqVhoEycO
New
Canada

I am not able to balance the iPhone 11 Pro Max on the Osmo Mobile 3. Its been 2 days now.. its a heavy phone and this is without the case.. i think it needs a counterweight to make it work. Please suggest else i am returning this product
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_U92NqVhoEycO
New
Canada

BKester Posted at 10-15 18:18
I can't balance the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a case on it.  My case is a little thicker than a clear silicone one and it puts the balance too far forward in the bracket mount.  The out of balance warning is constant and the upper arm motor runs hot.  I take the case off and that goes away.

I am facing issue even without the case. Its impossible to balance this thing. Please suggest me tips for this
2019-12-7
Use props
Deejay-Eye
lvl.1
Netherlands

TMRE Posted at 9-25 07:44
Has DJI announced when they will support the iPhone Pro 11 Max?

Apple itself says it's compatible on their site:
iPhone accessoires - DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal

Allthough it's the other way around… It might confuse any potential buyer if not.
2019-12-16
Use props
Norse Boy
lvl.1
Canada

There's a bunch of youtube videos showing the iPhone Pro 11 Max with the Osmo Mobile 3 working fine.
2019-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules