Is the OSMO 3 and its App digitally compatible with the Samsung A70?
6750 19 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qwerty2019
lvl.2

Is the OSMO mobile 3 and its App digitally compatible with the Samsung A70?

for DJI OSMO;
I found this:

[color=var(--newCommunityTheme-linkText)]https://forum.dji.com/thread-192256-1-1.html

and this

[color=var(--newCommunityTheme-linkText)]https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

" Osmo Mobile 3 supports smartphones that are 62-88mm wide and up to 9.5mm thick. This range covers most mobile phones currently available. If the phone is not on the compatibility list, the actual performance may not be ensured "

Unfortunately there are no stores in my city that can let me try the DJI OSMO 3 before purchasing.
I feel like its too risky to purchase the osmo 3 unless i know it will work.
Its a shame because i have heard the osmo mobile 3 is the best gimbal in my price range.

2019-9-23
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

I know the dimensions are ok (A70 = 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9mm) I want to know if the DJI app / software is compatible with the A70
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day qwerty2019. Thank you for reaching out and of the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our valued DJI Members who has the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and uses the Samsung A70 as there mobile device. In addition rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.
2019-9-24
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 09:27
Hello and good day qwerty2019. Thank you for reaching out and of the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our valued DJI Members who has the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and uses the Samsung A70 as there mobile device. In addition rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen,
Will the engineers be testing the A70 this month?
I would prefer to buy the DJI OSMO 3 but if it is a long wait, then i might need to go with another brand
2019-9-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to download the app, I have and use a 'not on the list' phone a Sony Xperia ZX3, its just has a badly located centre camera lense so I have to use with it slightly off balance
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

qwerty2019 Posted at 9-25 00:51
Hi DJI Stephen,
Will the engineers be testing the A70 this month?
I would prefer to buy the DJI OSMO 3 but if it is a long wait, then i might need to go with another brand

Thank you for the additional information and inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to the said matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added in the said list in the future. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and of DJI.
2019-9-27
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

Aerial-Image Posted at 9-27 01:41
Have you tried to download the app, I have and use a 'not on the list' phone a Sony Xperia ZX3, its just has a badly located centre camera lense so I have to use with it slightly off balance

Hi, I have been able to download the app which is a good start. Does that mean the device would work no problem with my phone?

Also, why does a "badly located centre camera lense" mean you have to use it slightly off balance?

My phone the A70, has its rear cameras in the top left.
Edit : Found this one here. Not as good as the osmo 3 but it does explicitly say its compatible with A70
https://www.amazon.com/Hohem-iSteady-Mobile-Stabilizer-stabilizers/dp/B07JJ9JCBF
2019-9-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>

I have to move it to the left so the camera doesn't pick up the frame for the on the gimbal - https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-xz3/#gref
The A70 should work fine
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_ig22sDiylCVU
New

Pakistan

qwerty2019 Posted at 9-28 18:30
Hi, I have been able to download the app which is a good start. Does that mean the device would work no problem with my phone?

Also, why does a "badly located centre camera lense" mean you have to use it slightly off balance?

qwerty20119

so can you please share how was your experience of A70 with Osmo 3?
an early reply would be much appreciated,, please.
2019-10-27
Use props
Vagos of Ron
lvl.1
Greece

I must add here, that the mimo app doesn't provide all its features for android phones. Features like, exposure lock, slow motion are only for iphones...
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_ig22sDiylCVU
New

Pakistan

which phone are you using?
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_ig22sDiylCVU
New

Pakistan

Vagos of Ron Posted at 10-27 08:53
I must add here, that the mimo app doesn't provide all its features for android phones. Features like, exposure lock, slow motion are only for iphones...

which phone are you using?
2019-10-27
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

Osmo mobile 3 is horrible with android. keeps crashing.
2019-10-27
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

New Zealand

djiuser_ig22sDiylCVU Posted at 10-27 07:54
qwerty20119

so can you please share how was your experience of A70 with Osmo 3?

Hi There,
I have not purchased the the osmo 3. The reason is that i'm still not 100% sure it will work and im not really in a hurry. I hope someone else will do the trial purchase and test.
2019-10-31
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

qwerty2019 Posted at 10-31 00:03
Hi There,
I have not purchased the the osmo 3. The reason is that i'm still not 100% sure it will work and im not really in a hurry. I hope someone else will do the trial purchase and test.

Checkout the comment and discussions in other threads about app crashing and bluetooth disconnect for android devices.

I think the best way is: go to a store and connect it to your phone. If it can record a video more than 10 mins without crashing, the you can buy it.
2019-10-31
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

New Zealand

ans0600 Posted at 10-31 20:20
Checkout the comment and discussions in other threads about app crashing and bluetooth disconnect for android devices.

I think the best way is: go to a store and connect it to your phone. If it can record a video more than 10 mins without crashing, the you can buy it.

Hey Thanks for the comment,
Thats concerning...Could you link me to those other threads?

Unfortunately, where i live, the stores do not allow me to trial or test the OSMO before purchasing. So I can't check if it will last 10 minutes.
2019-11-1
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

Vagos of Ron Posted at 10-27 08:53
I must add here, that the mimo app doesn't provide all its features for android phones. Features like, exposure lock, slow motion are only for iphones...

I am wondering why they do not make osmo 3 compatible with filmic pro (like as in the the case for osmo 2) and meanwhile work on their app for android users! this is obviously none-sense!
2019-11-9
Use props
Brumand
lvl.1
United States

qwerty2019 Posted at 11-1 20:03
Hey Thanks for the comment,
Thats concerning...Could you link me to those other threads?

yes it crashes. and even for editing (editing features of the app are great and very straight forward and nicely designed UI) when the bluetooth is on, the editing part crashes and i had to start from scratch for 3 times, after that I tried turning off my phone bluetooth, and editing worked through the end!
2019-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Until the last few weeks the app was fine - on most Android devices - but then a problem happened due (apparently) to an Android security update which was pushed out to some phones.  DJI are about to issue an updated app which should fix that.  Once that has happened, hopefully the app will be stable on the phones that it runs on.
2019-11-9
Use props
qwerty2019
lvl.2

New Zealand

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 19:03
Until the last few weeks the app was fine - on most Android devices - but then a problem happened due (apparently) to an Android security update which was pushed out to some phones.  DJI are about to issue an updated app which should fix that.  Once that has happened, hopefully the app will be stable on the phones that it runs on.

I found this one that is A70 compatible

https://www.amazon.com/Hohem-iSt ... izers/dp/B07JJ9JCBF
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules