Smart Controller - Stream / Cast Video and Audio
7180 15 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cbaquol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619826 ft

Not sure if people are aware of this, but I just discovered that the smart controller allows you to cast your screen to another smart device on the same network.

Settings->Sound->Cast->Enable Wireless Displays (in top right)-> wait for smart TV name to appear-> connect!

No noticable latency either. It does stay connected while the drone is in flight. This might solve some of the issues I've seen with guys trying to find a good solution for a second monitor. Why not a 65" 4K TV??

2019-9-23
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>

Thanks.... I'll give that a try
2019-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Wow - thanks for sharing
2019-9-23
Use props
maddox
Captain

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-9-24
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

I had tried it quite a while ago but did get pixelation.  I should give it another go.
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing video that you had shared for us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-9-24
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft

Amazing feature! Thanks
2019-9-24
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Have you checked the distance on this? Meaning can you be outside and transmit to a monitor inside?
2019-9-24
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2

DennisMurry08 Posted at 9-24 16:19
Have you checked the distance on this? Meaning can you be outside and transmit to a monitor inside?

I haven't, however it isn't necessarily a matter of distance. As long as the smart controller is connected to the same wifi network that the tv is connected to, it should work. Distance would vary greatly depending on the networking hardware in the home.
2019-9-24
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2

Update - this no longer works. Somehow my smart controller was updated and the menu is entirely different with many more options making it more difficult to figure out. How the hell is it possible for it to just all of a sudden be updated without some kind of acknowledgement?? Is there a way that I can view and post some kind of update log?
2019-10-8
Use props
AmericanGhost
lvl.1

United States

cbaquol Posted at 2019-10-8 16:01
Update - this no longer works. Somehow my smart controller was updated and the menu is entirely different with many more options making it more difficult to figure out. How the hell is it possible for it to just all of a sudden be updated without some kind of acknowledgement?? Is there a way that I can view and post some kind of update log?

Hmmm cbaquol, I just got my Mavic 2 pro with a Smart Controller and maybe I haven't applied the same update yet, but I discovered this same feature and it worked pretty well.  The wifi range on the Smart Controller kind of sucks.  If I got more than maybe 15 feet from my Orbi mesh hub the signal cut out... but it did work.
2020-7-7
Use props
AmericanGhost
lvl.1

United States

Trying to edit my previous reply crashes my browser, so, sorry I have to add this addendum as a new message but I also found the cast option under DISPLAY as well as SOUND, so, perhaps try looking there cbaquol.
2020-7-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does it require an Android TV?
2020-7-7
Use props
fans2b8c06e7
lvl.1

Italy

Hi the cast functionactivates the WifiDirect connection so the distance is between SC and the PC (I found 25meters max). I have then additional question: is it possible to cast only video and keep the audio on SC?? Thanks
2021-9-25
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

I kinda want to try this!
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules