Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft

Is there any way of reinstalling the firmware in my p3 adv?
When I start it up, it momentarily says "Abnormal"  next to the latest firmware box.
I'm having problems and this could be the cause.
I'd  appreciate any pointers.
2019-9-24
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

The abnormal state for a few moments is oddy enough normal. While the IMU initializes it says abmormal.
2019-9-24
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 9-24 10:04
The abnormal state for a few moments is oddy enough normal. While the IMU initializes it says abmormal.

Ok thanks. I'll have to keep thinking about what might be wrong.
2019-9-24
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft

You could request the .30 firmware.  is for the ESC error, and thats all its suppose to fix.  But, it does a few other things too.
Use a NON DJI battery?  You might start seeing Prop is off, or motor stalled.  I've seen that message 3 times, but, the aircraft flies!
NON DJI that used to not allow you to fly at all, now allows you to.  But, you might get the above message.
Other messages might show up from time to time.
Range before video break up seems to be a slight issue.

As for updating.. Just put the firmware (your current one) on a micro SD card, insert it into the gimbal, turn the AC on, if anything is wrong with the firmware on the AC, this will try to fix it.
Otherwise do the same thing with the .30 firmware, and allow it to finish the update!
2019-9-24
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2

KenDuke Posted at 9-24 16:16
You could request the .30 firmware.  is for the ESC error, and thats all its suppose to fix.  But, it does a few other things too.
Use a NON DJI battery?  You might start seeing Prop is off, or motor stalled.  I've seen that message 3 times, but, the aircraft flies!
NON DJI that used to not allow you to fly at all, now allows you to.  But, you might get the above message.

Never heard of the .30 firmware, I'll look into it.
Thanks.
2019-9-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4

Anthonyg Posted at 9-24 10:29
Ok thanks. I'll have to keep thinking about what might be wrong.

What problems are you having?
2019-9-26
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 9-26 15:27
What problems are you having?

More often than not, when I start up I am not getting anything from my camera. The icons etc are one the screen but nothing from the camera. Also the camera controls are greyed out and not usable. If I restart my aircraft, radio and tablet a few times in different orders it does usually work but I dare not fly in case I loose video feed while flying.
I've been having this problem for a while now and haven't been able to fly for months.
2019-9-28
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4

Anthonyg Posted at 9-28 01:20
More often than not, when I start up I am not getting anything from my camera. The icons etc are one the screen but nothing from the camera. Also the camera controls are greyed out and not usable. If I restart my aircraft, radio and tablet a few times in different orders it does usually work but I dare not fly in case I loose video feed while flying.
I've been having this problem for a while now and haven't been able to fly for months.

What order do you normally start everything up? I always start by turning on the remote, when the DJI app automatically opens I then turn on the drone last. I feel you about the being afraid to fly, but just remember if you lose the camera view when flying, you can always press the RTH button and it will automatically come back to you, as long as you are more than 60 feet away, if not the drone will land where it is when RTH is pressed.
2019-9-29
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 9-29 16:20
What order do you normally start everything up? I always start by turning on the remote, when the DJI app automatically opens I then turn on the drone last. I feel you about the being afraid to fly, but just remember if you lose the camera view when flying, you can always press the RTH button and it will automatically come back to you, as long as you are more than 60 feet away, if not the drone will land where it is when RTH is pressed.

Yes, that's the order I usually start up in, remote first, tablet automatically starts then aircraft.
I tried different ways in desperation.
What I have noticed is when DJI Go app first starts, it shows the inspire, then the phantom pro then it changes to the correct aircraft, P3 adv, then it works fine.
When it doesn't work,it has stopped on the phantom pro and  hasn't found the correct aircraft also a couple of beeps missing on start up.
2019-10-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4

Anthonyg Posted at 10-1 11:27
Yes, that's the order I usually start up in, remote first, tablet automatically starts then aircraft.
I tried different ways in desperation.
What I have noticed is when DJI Go app first starts, it shows the inspire, then the phantom pro then it changes to the correct aircraft, P3 adv, then it works fine.

That is odd. I have had it happen once or twice where it shows the wrong drone, but a complete restart seemed to fix it. I hope you are able to find a fix soon.
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules