Gimbal movement: what's the expected behavior?
727 4 2019-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

With my Osmo 3, I don't have the feeling everything works as expected.

When I start the Osmo and just rotate the Gimbal on a tripod, it follows my movement, but when it stops, it's total off, it even has moved up or down. I am pretty sure that's not the expected behavior? (It doesn't matter if I use Mimo or Filmic or any other App)

(ActiveTrack works, so far I can see for now)
2019-9-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

What gimbal mode are you using?  Can you describe more clearly what the problem is, or post a video?
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_vk9oK83GiBVy
lvl.1

I think what you are seeing is the limited range of the mobile 3 (compared to the mobile 2) which has been commented on a number of times.

The range of the unit is much less than the mechanical ranges that are quoted in the specs.

I plan to make a video of this if I can get my hands on my old model 2 for youtube.

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know why I can't post a new thread?  it takes me to a set of rules which in turn takes me to a broken link.  :-(
2019-9-25
Use props
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-25 01:22
What gimbal mode are you using?  Can you describe more clearly what the problem is, or post a video?

I'll try later again. Didn't check the mode.
2019-9-27
Use props
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

djiuser_vk9oK83GiBVy Posted at 9-25 02:21
I think what you are seeing is the limited range of the mobile 3 (compared to the mobile 2) which has been commented on a number of times.

The range of the unit is much less than the mechanical ranges that are quoted in the specs.

As longer as I try to use the Osmo, I think it wasn't a good idea. The reviews have been to good.

Youneed to complete the account setup first ear enough "points" to open your own threads.
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules