Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo charges phone
662 6 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>

Is there any way to fix this? When i plug in my osmo pocket to my phone, my phone actually saps power from the osmo battery to charge it, instead of just transfering data. Any way to turn this off? I have a galaxy s9 if that helps.
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone using a smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket can be used to charge the mobile phone at 5 V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA) and we don't have the option to turn it off. Also, when the Osmo Pocket is being used to charge the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended to use the Wireless Module so the Osmo Pocket will not charge the phone. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-25
Use props
Speedbrds
lvl.1

This seems to be an Android only issue.  This does not do it on iPhones.
2019-9-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

Frequently commented on in the past, and there's no fix apart from settings in some phones.
2019-9-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-25 08:52
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone using a smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket can be used to charge the mobile phone at 5 V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA) and we don't have the option to turn it off. Also, when the Osmo Pocket is being used to charge the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended to use the Wireless Module so the Osmo Pocket will not charge the phone. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

I see. I guess theres nothing I can do. The wireless module seems like a neat product, maybe i should look into that.
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ManOfSand Posted at 9-26 10:06
I see. I guess theres nothing I can do. The wireless module seems like a neat product, maybe i should look into that.

Thank you for the additional information and thank you for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Cheers!
2019-9-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

The wireless module is a pretty essential accessory, the only downside is that you can't use the audio input module at the same time - you have to attach one or the other.
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules