Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Release Notes (09/26/2019)
123Next >
25291 88 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.09.26
  • Firmware: V2.0.0.90
  • Ronin App iOS: v1.2.4
  • Ronin App Android: v1.2.4
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added ActiveTrack 3.0 (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
  • Added Force Mobile (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
  • Added quick switch to 3D Roll 360 mode. Press M button three times to enter, and press three times again to exit.
  • Added Auto 3D Roll 360. When the gimbal is in 3D Roll 360 mode, push the joystick left or right twice to enable Auto 3D Roll 360. The gimbal rotates continuously without needing to hold the joystick. Press the trigger twice to stop Auto 3D Roll 360.
  • Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, zoom, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi USB). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Optimized 3D Roll 360.
  • Added Track mode settings for Command Unit.
  • Optimized follow experience in Flashlight mode.
  • Optimized the Profile LED display by changing the pulsing frequency when gimbal in sleep mode, and the LED will become red to indicate low battery warning when battery level is less than 20%.
  • Sleep mode can be enabled by pressing once or twice of the gimbal power button.
  • Optimized zoom adjustment when using Sony cameras’ multi-port with Power Zoom lens, The zoom speed can be set from 1 to 100 (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.4 app or later).
  • Fixed other minor bugs.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Make sure Ronin-S is powered off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin-S to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from Ronin-S and proceed to power on the gimbal.
  • If Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2019-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info!
2019-9-26
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>

And when Ronin app 1.2.4 will be available for download from apple store ?
2019-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

What mount do I use to attach the phone to the camera?
2019-9-26
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4

AntDX316 Posted at 9-26 04:49
What mount do I use to attach the phone to the camera?

You can use a genuine phone holder https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-sc-phone-holder
Or any other phone holders from Ali/eBay
2019-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>

This is awesome, but why is v1.2.4 of the iOS app not available yet?
2019-9-26
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft

KlooGee Posted at 9-26 05:12
This is awesome, but why is v1.2.4 of the app not available yet?

Same question
2019-9-26
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft

Same question
2019-9-26
Use props
BrunoSlam
lvl.1

Can we now control the Sony A73's shutter, iso and aperture from the gimbal ?
2019-9-26
Use props
emkay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358412 ft
  • >>>

Same question here. This would be really great for a shoot on the weekend. Fingers crossed this will be up shortly.
2019-9-26
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

Hello, I want to update my RoninS, I do everything according to the instructions, it is fully charged, I downloaded the DJI + Pro + Assistant + For + Ronin + 2.0.2 program, I turn it on to the computer, but the program does not go further to select the firmware. As in the photo I attached it. What is the problem ? the program does not find my RONIN S .... ((((
123123.png
2019-9-26
Use props
emkay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358412 ft
  • >>>

Nikita Vladimir Posted at 9-26 05:39
Hello, I want to update my RoninS, I do everything according to the instructions, it is fully charged, I downloaded the DJI + Pro + Assistant + For + Ronin + 2.0.2 program, I turn it on to the computer, but the program does not go further to select the firmware. As in the photo I attached it. What is the problem ? the program does not find my RONIN S .... ((((

If this is on a MacBook, I had to:
- use the Apple USB C power cable to connect the two
- use one of the ports on the right side of the laptop
2019-9-26
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

emkay Posted at 9-26 05:55
If this is on a MacBook, I had to:
- use the Apple USB C power cable to connect the two
- use one of the ports on the right side of the laptop

I have a regular windows 10 PC
2019-9-26
Use props
wingwing
New

This is awesome. Honestly I didn't have high hopes as the ronin-s as a gimbal already fulfilled my basic needs. I really didn't crave for any additional features new generation products have.........but good to have though!
2019-9-26
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4

Nikita Vladimir Posted at 9-26 05:58
I have a regular windows 10 PC

I have no problems updating the firmware on PC Win 10 64
Everything works fine.
Now I need a phone holder ))
2019-9-26
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

DmytroK Posted at 9-26 06:15
I have no problems updating the firmware on PC Win 10 64
Everything works fine.
Now I need a phone holder ))

here it’s good for you, but this time it doesn’t work out for me ((
2019-9-26
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft

I just updated my Ronin S using Mac and a Samsung Note 9 and and it worked fine. Here are a few notes that others may find useful:

- The DJI Pro Assistant app wouldn't recognize my Ronin with the first usb C cable I tried. Swapped the cable and all good.
- I couldn't update the Ronin app on my phone through the app itself due to a security warning. Did it through the Google Play store and all good.
- The video above says device should be powered off during firmware update, so that is what I did. HOWEVER, the DJI Pro Assistant app says to have the device powered on... see attached screenshot What is best practice?

Thanks DJI for keeping our Ronin S up-to-date with new bells and whistles!!!

2019-9-26
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

Jason James Posted at 9-26 06:44
I just updated my Ronin S using Mac and a Samsung Note 9 and and it worked fine. Here are a few notes that others may find useful:

- The DJI Pro Assistant app wouldn't recognize my Ronin with the first usb C cable I tried. Swapped the cable and all good.

my battery is 99% charged, but RoninS starts charging the battery, whether it is on or off, everything is the same
RoninS, but does not connect to the program ((

2019-9-26
Use props
Alejandro Ramos Morales
New

Hello! What is the best way to connect my camera to the gimbal? I'm very interested in the active track and pull focus features. Gear: ronin s, a7iii, batis 25 f2 & zeiss 55 f1.8
Thanks!
2019-9-26
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft

This is awesome, but why is v1.2.4 of the iOS app not available yet?

Same question for me.
2019-9-26
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297694 ft

Hello, why don´t you publish the supported Mobile Phone List here?
2019-9-26
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2

Your Instruction how to update the firmware is confusing. Here you write: Make sure Ronin-S is powered off. When i started DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin, the App says i should Power on my Ronin S.  
2019-9-26
Use props
IJD One above all
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>

Best update in a long time , DJI we are friends again
2019-9-26
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>

After the update I had some odd jerkiness in the tilt using slight motions of the joystick.

I restored to factory settings and did an auto-tune and all is fine now. Very smooth.
2019-9-26
Use props
IJD One above all
lvl.4
  • >>>

IJD One above all Posted at 9-26 09:47
Best update in a long time , DJI we are friends again

In Denmark we can update the ronin s with ~assistant . But it is not been updated yet through App Store for iPhones maybe tomorrow ,I hope we are stuck on 1.2.2 ( 126 )  . Looking forward to playing with this update
2019-9-26
Use props
IJD One above all
lvl.4
  • >>>

FlyRi Posted at 9-26 04:20
And when Ronin app 1.2.4 will be available for download from apple store ?

We also standing by in Denmark waiting . Come on Apple Store haha very nice update
2019-9-26
Use props
RJohn
lvl.4

Why no Ronin app 1.2.4 for iPhone? When will it be available?
2019-9-26
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2

Supported Phones - Force Mobile

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/20190926/Force_Mobile_Supported_Mobile_Phone_List_en.pdf

Supported Phones - Active Track 3.0

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/Ronin_SC_ActiveTrack_3.0_Supported_Mobile_Phone_List_en_.pdf

2019-9-26
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2

I just tested the Following Mode. Doesn´t work very well on Android. Drops some waypoints?!
2019-9-26
Use props
ronin_warrior
lvl.1

I love DJI! Thanks for the active tracking update.
2019-9-26
Use props
Mr.BobbyD
New

Update went swimmingly. I have tested Force Mobile to be working & Active Track too. I am having issues with the new 360 roll features. Pressing the Mode Button 3 times puts the gimbal into 360 roll position, but when I press the joystick left (or right) twice to initiate the new Auto 360 roll, the camera gets about 30 degrees through the rotation before it freezes up, jitters like crazy for about a second, then returns to centered position & restarts the auto 360 roll function. The issue repeats itself continuously until I press the Mode Button to change modes. This same issue occurs if I manually attempt to do a 360 roll using the joystick.

I've done a gimbal balance test and calibration and neither returned any errors. I used the app to switch to 360 roll mode & the issue still occurs. When I use the 3-toggle Mode Button press to switch to 360 Roll, I can confirm that the app sees the switch and sets the 360 Roll flag to "On." Lastly, Ive reattached the gimbal to my Windows 10 laptop, & done a "refresh" on the new firmware update and it went through (again) with no issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have you had it in the past prior to the update? It may be a setting I need to fiddle with, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
BD
2019-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Slap my thigh with a wet kipper and call me Mildred. Delighted is an understatement. We'll done DJI top job.
2019-9-26
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft

Woooo! Just got iOS update. Active track is a MAJOR MAJOR GO!
2019-9-26
Use props
Mr.BobbyD
New

Mr.BobbyD Posted at 9-26 11:47
Update went swimmingly. I have tested Force Mobile to be working & Active Track too. I am having issues with the new 360 roll features. Pressing the Mode Button 3 times puts the gimbal into 360 roll position, but when I press the joystick left (or right) twice to initiate the new Auto 360 roll, the camera gets about 30 degrees through the rotation before it freezes up, jitters like crazy for about a second, then returns to centered position & restarts the auto 360 roll function. The issue repeats itself continuously until I press the Mode Button to change modes. This same issue occurs if I manually attempt to do a 360 roll using the joystick.

I've done a gimbal balance test and calibration and neither returned any errors. I used the app to switch to 360 roll mode & the issue still occurs. When I use the 3-toggle Mode Button press to switch to 360 Roll, I can confirm that the app sees the switch and sets the 360 Roll flag to "On." Lastly, Ive reattached the gimbal to my Windows 10 laptop, & done a "refresh" on the new firmware update and it went through (again) with no issues.

I've had some success now with the auto 360 roll. It may have been an issue with the motor stiffness setting for Roll. I ran an auto tune and it started working.
2019-9-26
Use props
FebriKrist
lvl.1

It's same for nikon camera.. I can't start / stop video using infrared cable.. I am using nikon D 7100
2019-9-27
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

I love more and more DJI, unexpectedly, that my roninS is now update and get features, my camera weighs a little over 2 kg. I think I bought the best gimbal !!!!
2019-9-27
Use props
Nikita Vladimir
lvl.1

I've done a gimbal balance test and calibration and neither returned any errors. I used the app to switch to 360 roll mode & the issue still occurs. When I use the 3-toggle Mode Button press to switch to 360 Roll, I can confirm that the app sees the switch and sets the 360 Roll flag to "On." Lastly, Ive reattached the gimbal to my Windows 10 laptop, & done a "refresh" on the new firmware update and it went through (again) with no issues.

press M, quickly, and not as you usually switch 1-2-3 modes.
2019-9-27
Use props
RJohn
lvl.4

Got the Ronin app 1.2.4 for iPhone and everything works great.
2019-9-27
Use props
djiuser_3SpC8H1Qajsk
lvl.1

After updating my Roll/Pan motor VIBRATES LIKE CRAZY WHENEVER I PLUG MY FOCUS MOTOR IN and only when the focus motor is plugged in. I can also hear my motors making “harddrive” like noises constantly. This doesn’t happen with any other firmware versions, problem is when I downgrade my tilt axis has slow issues returning to straight after tilting down. What’s up?!
2019-9-27
Use props
thejamesnoble
lvl.1

I've done a gimbal balance test and calibration and neither returned any errors. I used the app to switch to 360 roll mode & the issue still occurs. When I use the 3-toggle Mode Button press to switch to 360 Roll, I can confirm that the app sees the switch and sets the 360 Roll flag to "On." Lastly, Ive reattached the gimbal to my Windows 10 laptop, & done a "refresh" on the new firmware update and it went through (again) with no issues.

Only issue I ever had was that my gimbal was slightly tilted up too much and wasn’t completely in flashlight mode once I leveled out it worked fine
2019-9-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules