Ronin-S Release Notes (09/26/2019)
123Next >
25339 88 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thejamesnoble
lvl.1

Alejandro Ramos Morales Posted at 9-26 08:47
Hello! What is the best way to connect my camera to the gimbal? I'm very interested in the active track and pull focus features. Gear: ronin s, a7iii, batis 25 f2 & zeiss 55 f1.8
Thanks!

MCC Multi Cable
2019-9-27
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2

Activetrack and force mobile compatibility for iphone 7 plus?? i dont see on the list
2019-9-28
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4

Matias Zepeda Posted at 9-28 05:48
Activetrack and force mobile compatibility for iphone 7 plus?? i dont see on the list

The list is ONLY for the tested phones models. It doesn't mean that it won't work on iphone 7 plus. Actually, it should work without any problems.
Don't worry, just try it when you have a possibility
2019-9-28
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2

I think I'm going to die waiting for the full focus electronically on the a7rii
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.3

Great update, thanks DJI!  Does anyone else have this situation, that you can enter underslung mode holding trigger from only mode 1? From mode 2 and 3 holding trigger just nothing happens when going udenslung and camera just fallow your movement.
2019-9-28
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3

I just wanted to say thank you for bringing these features to the Ronin-S. I have one question however, while using force mobile I noticed it would be far more useful if you could invert the pan axis, if anyone has a solution please let me know.
2019-9-28
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>

Super good news! Thanks!
2019-9-29
Use props
studio-prestige
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1350003 ft

Help!!After the upgrade, when switching from profile 1 to 2. the camera is centered. I don't need it! How to make the switch without centering?
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_zNHCfZJz0wGv
New

Hello,

i can't go into flashlight mode anymore by holding the trigger, maybe i missed something ??  if anyone can help, thank you.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.3

djiuser_zNHCfZJz0wGv Posted at 9-29 09:44
Hello,

i can't go into flashlight mode anymore by holding the trigger, maybe i missed something ??  if anyone can help, thank you.

I can go flashlight only from mode 1, in mode 2 and 3 it doesnt work, is this a bug?
2019-9-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Activetrack is kind of garbage but I'm not sure if it's because I didn't setup the gimbals w/ the phone other than on the forward-backward slider but it's Activetracking like the Osmo 3.  It's not all that great like the Spark is.  Probably because the lack of 3D movements.

Tracking from a fixed point is crap.
2019-9-29
Use props
kolpakovichkir
lvl.2

Hello!

After the last firmware update of Ronin-S, my camera Canon 5D Mark III began to freeze, when i half press the record button on Ronin to focus. I use MCC-Mini cable to control camera from Ronin.

Please, help, what can I do to prevent freezes?
2019-9-29
Use props
kolpakovichkir
lvl.2

UPD to my previous comment. The last stable release was V1.8.0.70. The next one V1.9.0.80 caused this problem. The record button always freezes the camera(((
I've just downgraded to 1.8.0.70 and all is ok
2019-9-29
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Hello,
Is it possible to change the speed so that the camera goes slowly to the center point when double click the trigger.
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_02tPgUWACoXO
New

Oh looks good !
2019-9-30
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4

TheFly67 Posted at 9-30 00:05
Hello,
Is it possible to change the speed so that the camera goes slowly to the center point when double click the trigger.

I have already asked for such a feature before: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=197205
2019-9-30
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft

Excellent update.
The active track works correctly if the light and exposure is correct
Not convinced by the force mobile but I don't care.
I now have an issue with the panasonic S1 : If I plug the usb-C from ronin to S1 and plug my hdmi monitor, The back display of the S1 is turned off. As soon as I unplug the usb-C, the display turns on again.
I did not have this problem with the previous firmware.
2019-9-30
Use props
Skyflakess
lvl.1

Matias Zepeda Posted at 9-28 05:48
Activetrack and force mobile compatibility for iphone 7 plus?? i dont see on the list

it's not on the list but it works on 7+.. i have 7+ so i can confirm this..
2019-9-30
Use props
Skyflakess
lvl.1

djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4 Posted at 9-29 10:31
I can go flashlight only from mode 1, in mode 2 and 3 it doesnt work, is this a bug?

are your firmware updated? press the "M" button 3 times (press quickly) to enter flashlight mode
2019-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

I just don't think Activetracking 3.0 can beat manual mode because it will go where you don't want.  It will assume the subject will go left but instead, the subject goes right making the video look off.
2019-9-30
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft

Your functions on the IR cable does not work from the V2.0.0.90 upgrade. I tested it from downgrading to V1.9.0.80 the previous firmware and it work perfectly, could you guys look into this issues ASAP.
2019-9-30
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2

3d ORBIT not working, is it because of the new firmware?

#3: The 3D Orbit
2019-10-1
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4

TheFly67 Posted at 10-1 01:43

It stopped to work in previous update (19 ver) if I'm not mistaken.
But you can almost make the same by tweaking the settings. I'll try to make a screenshot later.
2019-10-1
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2

DmytroK Posted at 10-1 03:21
It stopped to work in previous update (19 ver) if I'm not mistaken.
But you can almost make the same by tweaking the settings. I'll try to make a screenshot later.

Oké Thanks
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.3

Skyflakess Posted at 9-30 13:15
are your firmware updated? press the "M" button 3 times (press quickly) to enter flashlight mode

Sorry, i mean underslung mode. You can't go from mode 2 and 3 holding trigger, only from mode 1 works.
2019-10-1
Use props
Kore148
lvl.2

I'm having issues with mine after the update. I was testing Force Mobile when suddenly it disconnected. Now I can longer find the bluetooth. I tried downgrading but it fails at 99% with an error message saying "device Wifi(1) not connected!" which I don't understand because my wifi is working fine. Could my ronin-s somehow be broken without me physically doing anything to it? Or is the bluetooth broken? Or is this just a firmware issue?
2019-10-1
Use props
Skyflakess
lvl.1

djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4 Posted at 10-1 08:48
Sorry, i mean underslung mode. You can't go from mode 2 and 3 holding trigger, only from mode 1 works.

it depends on how you set the settings per mode. for me i can do underslung in Mode 3 only, the rest not. but if you set all modes to do underslung i think you can..
2019-10-1
Use props
Skyflakess
lvl.1

TheFly67 Posted at 10-1 01:43

how to do this in the first place? i've been wanting to know but i have no idea the settings?
2019-10-1
Use props
fans38d40fcb
New

I have a canon c100 any word if it is going to work with the ronin s yet
2019-10-1
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft

FebriKrist Posted at 9-27 02:41
It's same for nikon camera.. I can't start / stop video using infrared cable.. I am using nikon D 7100

I have the same issue upgrading it and the IR cable doesn't work at all, so I downgrade back. Not sure this is a proper place forum to post but haven't got any replies from anyone about this issue.
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.3

Skyflakess Posted at 10-1 12:07
it depends on how you set the settings per mode. for me i can do underslung in Mode 3 only, the rest not. but if you set all modes to do underslung i think you can..

Hmm, thats really strange, i can't find that in settings.
2019-10-2
Use props
Dheylin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft

Since I update the lock til and pan axis doesn't work for me... if someone can help me i will appreiate it
2019-10-2
Use props
Dheylin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft

Mr.BobbyD Posted at 9-26 11:47
Update went swimmingly. I have tested Force Mobile to be working & Active Track too. I am having issues with the new 360 roll features. Pressing the Mode Button 3 times puts the gimbal into 360 roll position, but when I press the joystick left (or right) twice to initiate the new Auto 360 roll, the camera gets about 30 degrees through the rotation before it freezes up, jitters like crazy for about a second, then returns to centered position & restarts the auto 360 roll function. The issue repeats itself continuously until I press the Mode Button to change modes. This same issue occurs if I manually attempt to do a 360 roll using the joystick.

I've done a gimbal balance test and calibration and neither returned any errors. I used the app to switch to 360 roll mode & the issue still occurs. When I use the 3-toggle Mode Button press to switch to 360 Roll, I can confirm that the app sees the switch and sets the 360 Roll flag to "On." Lastly, Ive reattached the gimbal to my Windows 10 laptop, & done a "refresh" on the new firmware update and it went through (again) with no issues.

mine is working fine, just "press and hold the trigger" no longer lock the til and pan axis
2019-10-2
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>

Unfortunately there seems no way to be update in OSX 10.15 Catalina. HornDIS driver doesn't load.
2019-10-8
Use props
MJ Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft

Help. updated to newest firmware but found a couple problems. 1st is when you hold the front trigger, the camera will still move a lot. 2nd is 'smooth track' fine tuning (or using the preset setting:high, mid, low) not working at all. Please fix this bug. Downgraded to 2nd newest firmware and I dont have this problem. But this firmware dont have active track. Alsp please fix smooth track because this is really important for ru n gun. Thank you
2019-10-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>

I REALLY appreciate these updates!!  I'm wondering what 'opimization' has been improved in flashlight mode...
2019-10-16
Use props
__.HW.__
lvl.2

@ DJI Support, is it correct that with the latest firmware the balance test speed is much slower (read a bit cluncky), and that the autotune behaves different?
    Downgraded to the older firmware and they both run much smoother than they do now with the newest firmware.....
2019-10-16
Use props
nguyenanhphuong
lvl.1

Vietnam

There will be a new version gimball RONINS 2019 ????????????????/
2019-10-27
Use props
reiter.dom
lvl.1
Austria

djiuser_zNHCfZJz0wGv Posted at 9-29 09:44
Hello,

Hey,

i have the same Problem. With my old Settings i can't locked the orientation when tilt axis is working.

i don't know it's a bug or this is new.
2019-10-29
Use props
Mischelloart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204984 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hello,
I have problem with autotune... Every time i see on app same value for low, medium and high autotune.... When i after looking on video from my G7 i see little shaking... How to repair this problem ? Thanks
FW 2.0.0.90 Ronin S
2019-10-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules