Cynova Audio Adapter is Shipping Now
1773 21 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

I just received an email from DJI Store with  FedEx Tracking Number for a CYNOVA Osmo Action Dual 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter.
2019-9-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Same here.  Coming from Shenzen with DHL.
2019-9-26
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

Mine still stuck in "processing"
2019-9-27
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft

Mine shipped too and I can’t wait to test with the ETM-001 mic.
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BobWinNV. Thank you for choosing DJI and for purchasing the Cynova Audio Adapter for the DJI Osmo Action. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-9-27
Use props
Ferdinand Montes / calor1030
lvl.3

Got my shipping info this morning!!! Looking forward to receiving it
2019-9-27
Use props
Mwest34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft

Same here, I'm on the Cynova Audio Adapter hype train woot woot!!
2019-9-27
Use props
Micky Teal
New

Mines on its way too. Anyone know what case is suitable for the adaptor, I want one with a cold shoe fitting?
2019-9-28
Use props
dohnnieboy
lvl.1

Congrats!  Would you happen to know if this adapter will work with the Osmo Pocket?  Thanks.
2019-9-28
Use props
dohnnieboy
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 08:32
Hello and good day BobWinNV. Thank you for choosing DJI and for purchasing the Cynova Audio Adapter for the DJI Osmo Action. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

Hi there.  Congrats!  Will this adapter will work with the Osmo Pocket?  Thanks.
2019-9-28
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Mine has arrived in NZ already!  Should have it by Tuesday.
2019-9-28
Use props
airboss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>

Mine too!  On its way!11
2019-9-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

Micky Teal Posted at 9-28 01:36
Mines on its way too. Anyone know what case is suitable for the adaptor, I want one with a cold shoe fitting?

They’re is a video on this forum that is a review of this adapter. It shows that the PgyTech cage works and it has two cold shoe mounts.
2019-9-29
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>

MIne has also shipped. It should be here by thursday Oct 3. I ordered the Pgytech case to use my Rode wireless go I'll be making a video testing the new adapter and posting it here.
2019-9-29
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

Mine still not dispatched and stuck in 'processing' status.

Contacted chat and they said it might not ship until the 7th and then to allow 4-5 days for delivery.

I'm sure I was one of the first to order the thing too, literally ordered it then posted about it on the forums before anyone else. D'oh!

2019-9-29
Use props
Ferdinand Montes / calor1030
lvl.3

Mine arrived today !!!
2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

dohnnieboy Posted at 9-28 17:10
Hi there.  Congrats!  Will this adapter will work with the Osmo Pocket?  Thanks.

Hello and good day dohnnieboy. Thank you for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that the CYNOVA Osmo Action Dual 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Pocket. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the specifications, overview and the compatibility of the CYNOVA Osmo Action Dual 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/cy ... -dual-3-5mm-adapter
2019-9-30
Use props
Igal Stulbach
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-30 15:54
Hello and good day dohnnieboy. Thank you for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that the CYNOVA Osmo Action Dual 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter is not compatible with the DJI Osmo Pocket. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the specifications, overview and the compatibility of the CYNOVA Osmo Action Dual 3.5mm/USB-C Adapter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/cynova-osmo-action-dual-3-5mm-adapter

it should - there is a need for dual adapter for osmo pocket
2019-9-30
Use props
Calsaka
lvl.2

Micky Teal Posted at 9-28 01:36
Mines on its way too. Anyone know what case is suitable for the adaptor, I want one with a cold shoe fitting?

I still want to use the original cage as it holds the Osmo Action and mic adapter better than other 3rd party cages. So I just ordered the Microphone Bracket from Ulanzi today.  I will do a review video as soon as I received it
2019-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Igal Stulbach Posted at 9-30 16:21

Hello and good day Igal Stulbach. Thank you for sharing this information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you.
2019-10-1
Use props
dohnnieboy
lvl.1

Igal Stulbach Posted at 9-30 16:21

I definitely agree!! Moreover, I don't understand why DJi has not addressed this issue, because the adapter that they offer is prone to breaking and damaging the Osmo Pocket because of its length.  It's long and ungainly and I would think someone at Dji would have had the common sense to address this issue from the time the Osmo Pocket was released.  
So, instead of purchasing an Osmo Pocket, I will purchase the new GoPro 8 that's about to be released.
2019-10-2
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft

Mine just arrived today. I have the PGYTech cage, and yes, it fits. HOWEVER, the mechanical connection between the Cynova 3.5mm adapter and the Osmo Action is very poor.

First of all, it only works if you take the USB-C/Card door off. Second of all, even when you do that, there is almost no friction holding it in place, and if you tug at all on the 3.5mm connector, it will pop off, and this is true with or without the PGYTech cage, which I have. Also, if you tilt your Osmo Pocket towards the side where the 3.5mm adapter is, the adapter will fall out, and you will lose your connection.

If I had ordered this device from B&H or Amazon, it would be going back today. Hopefully others are having better luck. I'm resorting to using gaffer tape to hold in in place.

Horrible design. The good news is, as long as you can get it to stay connected, it does the job.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules