Filename Numbering Bug
754 8 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft

Hey all!

I'm a photographer first, and a drone flyer second.

I use Adobe Lightroom CC to import all of my images after each flight.

At first, I reported a bug to Adobe and then they made me realize, it's coming from inside the camera!

I just shot a series of images today with my DJI Mavic Air, starting around the "0999" mark, and instead of rolling over to "1000" (which is the expected behavior), it rolls over to "0001."

(The images shown below are taken from File Explorer in Windows directly from the Mavic's SD memory card....)

DJI0999

DJI0999
DJIMavicAir0001.png

Eeek!

Is this the best place to report a bug?

Thanks!

2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Amarand. Thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for further clarification. We will surely provide you an update once we hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-27
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-9-27 08:57
Hi, Amarand. Thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for further clarification. We will surely provide you an update once we hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Thank you so much! In the meantime, is there any way to reset the numbering system (either manually or automatically) after or before each flight? Any word back from engineering?
2020-4-8
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Looks like DJI loves this bug. It is also present with the Osmo Pocket, has been reported (I had a tread about it), but has never been addressed...
2020-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Amarand Posted at 4-8 08:48
Thank you so much! In the meantime, is there any way to reset the numbering system (either manually or automatically) after or before each flight? Any word back from engineering?

is there any way to reset the numbering system (either manually or automatically) after or before each flight? Any word back from engineering?
You don't have to wait for Engineering, just go into your camera settings and decide whether you want file numbering to Reset or stay Continuous.

Reset.jpg
2020-4-10
Use props
Kaleido
New

Germany

Hello,
somehow I'm not allowed to start a new post, that´s why I´m posting my problem within this thread.
I have a question regarding some strange filenames after transferring them from the drone to the SD card in the smart controller.

Did anyone else experience the same problem and could help me? Didn´t find anything similar within the forum.

Thanks in advance!

2020-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kaleido Posted at 6-22 02:12
Hello,
somehow I'm not allowed to start a new post, that´s why I´m posting my problem within this thread.
I have a question regarding some strange filenames after transferring them from the drone to the SD card in the smart controller.

Are they the real drone image files .. or just the low-res cached image files?
2020-6-22
Use props
Kaleido
New

Germany

Labroides Posted at 6-22 02:58
Are they the real drone image files .. or just the low-res cached image files?

This are the real drone image files… Thumbnails are in subfolders…
Or is there a difference between real files, cached files and thumbnails?
If so, how can I transfer the original pictures to the SD in the smart controller?

Many thx in advance!
2020-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kaleido Posted at 6-22 04:06
This are the real drone image files… Thumbnails are in subfolders…
Or is there a difference between real files, cached files and thumbnails?
If so, how can I transfer the original pictures to the SD in the smart controller?

Not thumbnails ...  low-res cached images.
Are they full resolution?

Sorry .. I haven't even seen a smart controller so I can't assist with that.

2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules