GPS offset on matrice 210 RTK
2004 4 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gilrito
lvl.2

Hi,

I would like to introduce the GPS offset for the X5S camera on my SfM photogrammetric software. When the matrice 210 RTK geotaggs the images where is located the GPS center on the aircraft?

Thanks, Gil

2019-9-27
Use props
bobzwik
lvl.1

I've heard that the Geotagg in the EXIF of the image is already offseted to the center of the lens or of the sensor. But don't take my word for it.

I have a similar question though. In the flight logs taken off the M210 RTK V2 (.dat file), there are columns called RTKdata_Long_P, RTKdata_Long_S. Both are for Longitude, but what is the difference between the P and S?
Also, where is this RTK position on the drone? Is it also offseted to the lens position? Is it at the center of the drone?
2019-9-27
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2

bobzwik Posted at 9-27 08:02
I've heard that the Geotagg in the EXIF of the image is already offseted to the center of the lens or of the sensor. But don't take my word for it.

I have a similar question though. In the flight logs taken off the M210 RTK V2 (.dat file), there are columns called RTKdata_Long_P, RTKdata_Long_S. Both are for Longitude, but what is the difference between the P and S?

Hi bobzwik,

Thanks for your reply. Did you used the Assistant on the PC for getting these logs?

Gil
2019-9-27
Use props
bobzwik
lvl.1

gilrito Posted at 9-27 08:22
Hi bobzwik,

Thanks for your reply. Did you used the Assistant on the PC for getting these logs?

I tried using the log viewer in Assistant 2, but it didn't seem to work well, and I couldn't get the export feature to work.

I found other posts suggesting to use DatCon open source software.

When you open Assistant 2 and connect the M210, click on "Flight Data". A couple of seconds letter, a Windows Explorer windows opens to the folder DJI FLIGHT LOG (it shows up as drive E:\ on my computer. I can't find this drive if I haven't click the "Flight Data" tab first).

In that folder, find the FLY***.dat log that you want (you can see in their properties when the files were created).

Use DatCon to decode the log. You can choose to decode everything, or you can define when you want to start and end the decoding, and also when you want to have your time = 0.

For the .CSV export, you can choose the logging frequency you want to save.

And there you go!

You might want to know that I've noticed that the M210 time increases faster than the GPS/RTK time (which is retrieved from satellites)
2019-9-27
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

bobzwik Posted at 9-27 11:13
I tried using the log viewer in Assistant 2, but it didn't seem to work well, and I couldn't get the export feature to work.

I found other posts suggesting to use DatCon open source software.

How do you know that the time of the 210 increase faster?
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules