Local Storage Full
2028 4 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>

I keep getting warnings about my Smart Controller's internal storage at near full capacity. I only use DJI GO 4 and do not use the controller to store any images or files.

How can I clear cache and free up space, as DJI GO 4 seems to be taking up all the space. I don't want to reinstall anything as I have waypoints stored for commercial photography projects.
2019-9-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4

You might try to pull of any vids/images you shot to free up space.
Can you have the SC dump them into the SD card instead? (change file path?)
I don't have a SC, but if you have the slot for a card, that's where you should be saving your vid/imaging cache files to.
2019-9-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Flycaster Posted at 9-27 07:22
You might try to pull of any vids/images you shot to free up space.
Can you have the SC dump them into the SD card instead? (change file path?)
I don't have a SC, but if you have the slot for a card, that's where you should be saving your vid/imaging cache files to.

So originally I had an 32GB SD card for caching and to up the space. I was working on quite an important job and the SC was being a real pain. HUGE delays taking photos and the app being super laggy. I got desperate for answers as I wasn't getting anything out of the controller and it was almost unusable. Then I tried taking the SD card out and the SC went back to working perfectly.

By the looks of it, the SC had filled the SD full of cache files and once it was near full it slowed the whole system down. So basically my SC is writing loads of cache files and filling up any storage it has available.
2019-9-29
Use props
GoFly Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

CloudVisual Posted at 9-29 00:21
So originally I had an 32GB SD card for caching and to up the space. I was working on quite an important job and the SC was being a real pain. HUGE delays taking photos and the app being super laggy. I got desperate for answers as I wasn't getting anything out of the controller and it was almost unusable. Then I tried taking the SD card out and the SC went back to working perfectly.

By the looks of it, the SC had filled the SD full of cache files and once it was near full it slowed the whole system down. So basically my SC is writing loads of cache files and filling up any storage it has available.

Did you try using a faster SD card , i found this made a MASSIVE differnece and have no lag at all ?

2019-9-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

GoFly Drone Posted at 9-29 02:14
Did you try using a faster SD card , i found this made a MASSIVE differnece and have no lag at all ?

I use Sandisk Extreme Pro, 150/100MB/s RW they're pretty much the fastest cards you can get in Micro SD flavour, bought directly from Sandisk, so no risk of them being fake.
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules