8123 53 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

I got bored.

It would be cool to take some winter pix especially during Christmas time at night but other than that, it's pretty boring.
2019-9-27
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft

With such a flight distance, I doubt you are bored to fly...
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>

I wait for good days to fly, with a loved hobby like this how can you ever get bored I fly over the same place quite often and always see new things on my videos.
2019-9-27
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

May be exceptional I am but having M2P almost year, it makes me more and more attracted.
2019-9-27
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

akozc Posted at 9-27 23:09
May be exceptional I am but having M2P almost year, it makes me more and more attracted.

Yes. You are attractive.
2019-9-27
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>

Must admit that I thought I had exhausted the optoins round me. I then started to take my drone with me when at work and have found many more options to explore. I also taught myself full FPV and also fly freestyle/racing quadcopters. This has also opened up many possibilities and new places to fly, not to mention being a lot faster than normal DJI drones. The only factor now is the weather with Autumn upon us and Winter only round the corner. I try to fly at least one of my craft if the weather and wind is being kind. It's not being bored, it's finding or not being able to find interesting subject matter to film or capture.
2019-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

You get bored if you have no purpose for flying, going out trashing about with no purpose you will always get bored.
I very seldom fly unless I’m filming taking photographs or working , flying long distance is something that gets pretty boring very quickly.
Testing is also another way of getting satisfaction out of flying.
If you have a lot of miles and nothing to show for them then yes it’s boring .
2019-9-27
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25751486 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 9-27 23:52
You get bored if you have no purpose for flying, going out trashing about with no purpose you will always get bored.
I very seldom fly unless I’m filming taking photographs or working , flying long distance is something that gets pretty boring very quickly.
Testing is also another way of getting satisfaction out of flying.

Exactly, my mavic is just another tool in my toolbox (Nature photography)
2019-9-28
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

I'm never bored of droning. I have a new MP2ED with a SC to play with.
2019-9-28
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

*DM* Posted at 9-27 23:27
Yes. You are attractive.

yes I mean that
I am taking construction site videos in the project I am working  and I become quite famous because of that thanks  to M2P  
2019-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Location mate - venture out and use your imagination and creative skills though taking a break between flights also helps - you can get too much of a good thing.
2019-9-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft

I enjoy flying my drone, even if it's in the same space or route, I don't think that I will ever get bored with this Hobby.
2019-9-28
Use props
zbigzbig20
lvl.4

Maybe not bored but too many bans in my area and sometimes is hard to fly (drone cannot take off )
2019-9-28
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>

I seem to always be able to find something in my area, even if I've flown it before. Maybe the "emotion" or "story" is different (lighting or shadows or recent weather, etc.). I don't know. Not to get too artsy-fartsy or anything, but if you look at subjects you've flown before and are uninspired, think of different stories to tell of that subject based on different conditions. Or discover a new story during post and paint the story that way.

Or spend money on a newer, fancier drone like an Inspire 2 and get "inspired" that way!
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

It gets boring to fly because it's like the same things in the air.  Obstacles, sky, etc.
2019-9-28
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

Not bored, but in Autumn and winter my other passion takes over. I am an amateur astronomer and prefer to spend the nights outside looking upwards. Drone photographer takes a ‘back seat’  for me.
2019-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots would be able to share there wonderful ideas on how not to get bored with regards to our hobby. Personally for me a new flying location would be a great start. Thank you.
2019-9-28
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

I never get board taking video with the mavic2 pro, I just get board with the same areas!!!
2019-9-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Yes, this is normal. My 10 years old grandson gets bored very quickly too. Try to concentrate on other aspects of life for a while, shift your everyday activities into other areas, maybe call your mother again to see if she'll respond this time ...
2019-9-28
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>

Yeah happens to me if I fly in the same area but I venture out to other areas. Makes surveying the landscape more interesting and fun.
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-28 10:48
Yes, this is normal. My 10 years old grandson gets bored very quickly too. Try to concentrate on other aspects of life for a while, shift your everyday activities into other areas, maybe call your mother again to see if she'll respond this time ...

"maybe call your mother again to see if she'll respond this time ..."

I sure hope not. My mother's been dead for years.
2019-9-28
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>

There have been times when I'm not as excited to fly my drones, but it's short lived and usually I just need a new task or goal to fly/film. Adding Litchi to the mix spiced it up for a while when I was inbetween new drones. Also, if you have a youtube channel, you could try capturing all the bridges in your county older than x-years-old or you could look up all the buildings in your city or county on the list of historical places and try go film/photograph all of them. My city has a facebook group for retro/historical pics of old places and buildings, and I go out and try to recreate them or make featured video of places of interest. You could even reach out to a local historical society and ask if there's anything they want photographed videoed. Anyway, my point is there's like a million ways to use your drone. I've barely scratched the surface. I only suggest changing it up to keep it interesting.
2019-9-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Nor bored now, never will...
2019-9-28
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

Grampa said only boring people are always bored, what makes a person boring is their continual blathering and inability to be creative.
2019-9-29
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft

I'm not boerd when it comes to my spark or Mavic air, the only problem for me right now is I work seconds so when i get home its already dark out so I can't fly.  On my days off I get out and fly around and teach my fiance how to fly my spark thats going to be hers soon.  I also have a 1 yr old son so theirs always something to record with him around.
2019-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

I need a purpose to fly.
(a video or image I want to capture)
Otherwise I'm bored the minute I get out of my home with any gear.
2019-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Not really been the weather to fly here in the UK the last few weeks,  at least not at times when I have to work.
2019-9-30
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>

If you're bored, try Race Quad flying it'll 1000% keep you interested and on your toes every sec of the way.
2019-9-30
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft

I got into droning when the Mavic Pro first released early 2017 for me. I spent all 2017 and early 2018 completely engulfed. I loaded about 80 videos to my you tube channel. Pretty much any reason to trek out and fly was good enough. When i went to the next level and bought the M2Pro the thrill was gone almost instantly, and i don't know why. I think i was expecting the new drone to give me some kind of inspiration but it didn't. It is a better drone no doubt, but i did not get that "I gotta go fly every minute" feeling. It was more like "been there-done that". I was getting into flying more for work (big new car dealer in our area), but that became work and soon most of the fun was lost. Another factor is the constantly rising amount of regulation. I had a few flights earlier this year where i was made to feel like i was doing something wrong. Funny how this hobby is -- Either folks are curious and want to know more, or they want to shoot your drone out of the sky. I hate drama...

None the less, i will continue to try to break out of the "non-inspired funk" i am in. Maybe i will break out the old MP or the Tello. My buddy went back to RC Choppers just for something different...
2019-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

SD_Pilot Posted at 9-30 04:17
If you're bored, try Race Quad flying it'll 1000% keep you interested and on your toes every sec of the way.

That is where I started.  It's gets boring but still cool.
2019-9-30
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Just find some nice landscapes! Cheers
2019-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Once again, kids are getting bored pretty quickly with new toys these days. Kids are disappointed that drone can fly no faster than 100 km/hr and can not deliver Mars bars to a space station crew. Kids are disappointed that clients aren't lined up with job offers. A handful of oldest, weird kids is flying drones happily exploring new territories, filming and photographing with possibilities unheard before. Only few truly gifted can make living with them ...
2019-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-30 08:27
That is where I started.  It's boring.

I’m confused here, you find drone flying boring, yet you spend your time on a drone forum talking about it, I’d say paint the door watch it dry or better still put the kettle on watch it boil .
2019-9-30
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

Fre Mo Posted at 9-27 22:51
With such a flight distance, I doubt you are bored to fly...

fake...it's impossible to go from 74000 ft to over 2 million ft in just 5months like ant...unless...you follow the youtube video on how to hack dji flight distances...by having to leave your drone on while driving to rack up distance.
how else does someone go from 1 million to over 2 million within 2 weeks.
2019-9-30
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>

Bing Err Posted at 9-28 16:42
There have been times when I'm not as excited to fly my drones, but it's short lived and usually I just need a new task or goal to fly/film. Adding Litchi to the mix spiced it up for a while when I was inbetween new drones. Also, if you have a youtube channel, you could try capturing all the bridges in your county older than x-years-old or you could look up all the buildings in your city or county on the list of historical places and try go film/photograph all of them. My city has a facebook group for retro/historical pics of old places and buildings, and I go out and try to recreate them or make featured video of places of interest. You could even reach out to a local historical society and ask if there's anything they want photographed videoed. Anyway, my point is there's like a million ways to use your drone. I've barely scratched the surface. I only suggest changing it up to keep it interesting.

Now THAT is a really good idea there. I'm going to take it into great consideration as we have lots of historical buildings and infrastructure where I live.
2019-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

Sick Dawg Posted at 9-30 12:50
fake...it's impossible to go from 74000 ft to over 2 million ft in just 5months like ant...unless...you follow the youtube video on how to hack dji flight distances...by having to leave your drone on while driving to rack up distance.

I have more distance but the flight distance does not go up anymore
2019-9-30
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft

Sick Dawg Posted at 9-30 12:50
fake...it's impossible to go from 74000 ft to over 2 million ft in just 5months like ant...unless...you follow the youtube video on how to hack dji flight distances...by having to leave your drone on while driving to rack up distance.

what is the interest of artificially increasing fligth distance?
2019-10-1
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft

The whole flight distance thing makes no sense to me but a million feet in two weeks can be done easily right from my driveway if I wanted too. I’ve only had my new Mavic 2 for 5 days and I already have over 160,000 feet on it and I haven’t flown today yet. I believe your location has much to do with the distances you can add up. And NO, never bored of flying and taking video. Never.
2019-10-1
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>

You have to find interesting places.. I love old abandoned industrial areas, or boat graveyards, or train yards (watch out for workers throwing rocks best to go after hours), or a lighthouse, old train stations, old no longer active army bases or depots, and the bay or ocean..  found all of these in NJ right near me. Sometimes a bit of a drive is needed for a new experience.   I can't get enough. Im always searching Google maps for new spots... anything with history and then a public empty space near it to fly from... occasionally its been the shoulder of the road, but usually you can find somewhere safe and public to fly from.  
2019-10-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

You gotta have ideas or a vision or a project.  There are always great shots waiting to get captured.
2019-10-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules