humla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871201 ft

2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.2

if you look under map DJI is no map which is saying fligts data for Phantom or Mavic  but on screen you se all my Phantom flights under humla and Mavic under jonasmatsson
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

humla Posted at 9-29 09:53
if you look under map DJI is no map which is saying fligts data for Phantom or Mavic  but on screen you se all my Phantom flights under humla and Mavic under jonasmatsson

What I see is that there was a dji.go.4 folder and a dji.pilot folder. The PhantomHelp instructions tell you to open the dji.go.4 folder if you were using the GO 4 app (which I'm sure you were), but you instead looked in the dji.pilot folder for the log.

I'm really hoping this will turn out to be a warranty problem, because I can guess how the conversation will go if it isn't.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.2

if you look on picture 3 its opened  internmmine- DJI- dji.go.v4  -DJI_RECORDS and is video there
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.2

i have only two maps no flights data
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

humla Posted at 9-29 10:12
if you look on picture 3 its opened  internmmine- DJI- dji.go.v4  -DJI_RECORDS and is video there

Ok, I see now that you did show / check both folders. I don't know why the record isn't there, so I would suggest that you work with DJI if you want to figure out what happened. Good luck.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Thank for help for  all of you ! Anyway i have learn something about what is hiding under the map DJI in memmory of phone. Next time i think to separate app DJIGO and DJIGO4 in two different phones. Now im going look for next one Mavic Pro. Good luck my friends !
2019-9-29
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft

With all the post like these under the mavic forum it kinda makes me not want to fly my mavic air
2019-9-29
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft

humla Posted at 9-29 10:35
Thank for help for  all of you ! Anyway i have learn something about what is hiding under the map DJI in memmory of phone. Next time i think to separate app DJIGO and DJIGO4 in two different phones. Now im going look for next one Mavic Pro. Good luck my friends !

You don´t need an other device.
I have Dji Go, Two sets of Dji Go4, Litchi and Dji Pilot apps all on same device.
What you need to do is post your flight log.
You have it on your device as you have proved in post #41
2019-9-29
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

humla Posted at 9-29 10:35
Thank for help for  all of you ! Anyway i have learn something about what is hiding under the map DJI in memmory of phone. Next time i think to separate app DJIGO and DJIGO4 in two different phones. Now im going look for next one Mavic Pro. Good luck my friends !

You need to upload the flight log. It is important as it will tell you the last position of the drone. If it crashed, you might still be able to recover it. Don't just abandon this and buy a new one ... Even if the drone is gone, there is still very valuable information stored in the flight log. Just follow the instructions and post it. There are people here who will help you decipher what that log says.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.2

JB63 Posted at 9-29 18:22
You need to upload the flight log. It is important as it will tell you the last position of the drone. If it crashed, you might still be able to recover it. Don't just abandon this and buy a new one ... Even if the drone is gone, there is still very valuable information stored in the flight log. Just follow the instructions and post it. There are people here who will help you decipher what that log says.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  MY FRIEND HAS FOUND IT YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Gimpy Posted at 9-28 13:46
You won't always get a warning message when you're in an area where the compass is affected. In some cases the only way to tell is by comparing the aircraft's actual direction with what's shown in the app.

If you share the log from the flight we'll be able to see what happened and can do more than speculate.

2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

A J Posted at 9-29 01:58
Sorry to read of the loss but do ensure to follow pre flight checks and never presume all is OK with any drone.

2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Marty Markoe Posted at 9-29 03:01
If there was enough battery remaining the drone should have flown home. I wait up to 30 seconds after takeoff for the home point has been updated message. If I don't get it I go into settings and manually set it.

2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-28 11:34
Hello and good day humla. I am sorry for the trouble and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this issue happened on the said drone. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 9-29 05:22
It’s pretty simple just go to link follow instructions upload your log then come back here and post the link.

2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Dan B-P4 Posted at 9-29 09:25
Doing so is pointless, we need the last flight record of that flight to provide any insight to what happen.

The .TXT file for the flight.

2019-10-1
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

humla Posted at 10-1 08:41

Great news! I love these story endings
2019-10-1
Use props
humla
lvl.2

G_Sig Posted at 9-29 15:47
You don´t need an other device.
I have Dji Go, Two sets of Dji Go4, Litchi and Dji Pilot apps all on same device.
What you need to do is post your flight log.

Problem is if you look at my pictures what is under map DJI. - dji.gov.4-is only CACH_IMAGE and DJI_RECORD and under DJI_RECORD its only flight video nothing more. Dont exist file with flight log but it should be there !
BUT IM LUCKY MY FRIEND HAS FOUND IT ! I saw FIND MY DRONE and there was showing position where  mybe dron has landed , it was not so far away from place where i lost connection. I live 450km (i was only visit this city) from this city so i told my friend if he can checked out the ather place  and yes he found it !
2019-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>

humla Posted at 10-1 08:30

Many congrats
2019-10-1
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft

humla Posted at 10-1 09:07
Problem is if you look at my pictures what is under map DJI. - dji.gov.4-is only CACH_IMAGE and DJI_RECORD and under DJI_RECORD its only flight video nothing more. Dont exist file with flight log but it should be there !
BUT IM LUCKY MY FRIEND HAS FOUND IT ! I saw FIND MY DRONE and there was showing position where  mybe dron has landed , it was not so far away from place where i lost connection. I live 450km (i was only visit this city) from this city so i told my friend if he can checked out the ather place  and yes he found it !

Great news then you also can look at the .DAT file on the bird.
It will tell what happened.
If your device can use Find My Drone command it HAS the flight record.
2019-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

humla Posted at 10-1 08:32

Thank you for giving us an update humla. It is great to know that your DJI Mavic Pro was found by your friend. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic Pro or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-10-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft

Lamplighter55 Posted at 9-29 05:50
Never a good idea to criticise someone just asking for ideas as to why something happened. There are any number of reasons for both a fail and why someone might have had an issue/problem with their craft. One cannot just assume - and then just ladle on why that assumption must be correct but without a full set of facts - each situation is different unless proven otherwise.

Maybe it just hit me wrong at the time.  It sounded like the attitude that I've heard from many on this forum over the years and I may have been overly sensitive to it.  If so, I'm very sorry.  I just know things happened before the crash that I would have aborted on immediately, so I could have rebooted and tested a few minutes before trying again.  If there's even a slight glitch in the video in the early parts of a flight, I'll land and reboot.  So many times, I've read where someone saw an error or temporarily lost video, only to have it return on its own shortly after.  They then continue to fly instead of trying to see if there's a reason for it.  Like any computerized device, it's always worth rebooting everything from scratch to see if things straighten out.
2019-10-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft

AG0N-Gary Posted at 10-2 06:59
Maybe it just hit me wrong at the time.  It sounded like the attitude that I've heard from many on this forum over the years and I may have been overly sensitive to it.  If so, I'm very sorry.  I just know things happened before the crash that I would have aborted on immediately, so I could have rebooted and tested a few minutes before trying again.  If there's even a slight glitch in the video in the early parts of a flight, I'll land and reboot.  So many times, I've read where someone saw an error or temporarily lost video, only to have it return on its own shortly after.  They then continue to fly instead of trying to see if there's a reason for it.  Like any computerized device, it's always worth rebooting everything from scratch to see if things straighten out.

Absolutely. no worries. Indeed there are some who put so much 'faith' in a new technology that they somehow think 'there's no way it should fail' and then the question goes that it must be the technology that is at fault - whereas often times its just a lack of full technical mastery - particularly in moments of high stress or distraction for the operator - that it should surely be robust enough to sort itself out and meet 'my expectations' rather than just showing there are limits and special cases where its a combination of the operator and the tech that lead to a particular outcome chain. Anyway, appreciate you getting back and sharing your thoughts. Clear skies!
2019-10-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft

humla Posted at 10-1 09:07
Problem is if you look at my pictures what is under map DJI. - dji.gov.4-is only CACH_IMAGE and DJI_RECORD and under DJI_RECORD its only flight video nothing more. Dont exist file with flight log but it should be there !
BUT IM LUCKY MY FRIEND HAS FOUND IT ! I saw FIND MY DRONE and there was showing position where  mybe dron has landed , it was not so far away from place where i lost connection. I live 450km (i was only visit this city) from this city so i told my friend if he can checked out the ather place  and yes he found it !

Result! Its good a little detective work - and you were able to have your friend search the area. It seems like the Mavic did it's job well - and landed at least on dry land, rather than in the water!
2019-10-2
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Seems to me i found problem.Last message is strong interferens and i was Flying in zone where you can fly but on your own risk (zone where is not recomended) so when dron lost connection it was in no fly  zone and immediately begine land. Lucky me i saw on video the dron has landed between big trees and light was low.Something like that has happen for another pilot long time ago but he hade no luck ,Inspire has crushed.
2019-10-3
Use props
humla
lvl.2

Now im going connect drone to PC we will see if i can find flight data im afraid My be is lost because yesterday i start drone to check if everything is ok.
2019-10-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Gimpy Posted at 9-28 13:46
You won't always get a warning message when you're in an area where the compass is affected. In some cases the only way to tell is by comparing the aircraft's actual direction with what's shown in the app.

If you share the log from the flight we'll be able to see what happened and can do more than speculate.

It should just always tell where the front of the IMU is as front.
2019-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules