Thoroughly Impressed by the P3 pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

As I have said in other threads, I am no noob when it comes to drones. I've bought them, built them, trouble shot them, tuned them and have flown the heck out of everything. My largest rig costs 8 times as much as this rig and this little phantom is 10 times the UAS easily. The build quality is awesome. It is packed with technology but DJI didn't add a bunch of extra, useless features. It is designed purely with functionality in mind. Some quads look way cooler but this wasn't designed for asthetics.
The performance is, by far, superior to the other UAVS in its class as well as in classes far above it. The gps and position sensors work incredibly well. I don't think it moved more than a couple of inches from a position.
Very happy with the app and the camera. So great to have control over the aperture, shutter, iso. Also awesome to have RAW capabilites. Very happy
2015-6-10
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Stay happy, and stay away from tree limbs....
2015-6-10
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Other then the Inspire 1 what could look way cooler. Love the P3p. It even makes the news on a regular basis as an example of a quad.
2015-6-10
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

I agree!
About time someone starts a thread that is good and compliments DJI. Sure there is room for improvement on the service side however I don't think that DJI expected the success that the phantom 3 was to bring to them. Can you imagine owning a business that serves the public and your doing okay keep up with production and service. Then within a mater of months your slammed into the limelight by damn near every global media organization just about overnight.  You now come to work to find that you have a line that not only goes out your door or down the block but across the state or more like across the globe!  You now have some serious production to do, customer care and order fulfillment.  The sad thing is that most of those people in line are complaining even before they get through the door and get their order.  Then there are the ones that do get there phantom and never had a quad before then crash it or don't read the manual on how to operated it then complain and get mad when there is a slow response to there service request.
I have no doubt that most of the employees that are providing support are wearing many hats at DJI and have to in many languages. That said they still need to move the company forward at the same time, so if they  are a bit slow then practice patients. You will get a lot more with honey than you will with vinegar.  In time they will have better customer service, it just won't happen overnight.

I am so happy that Micro$oft is not making the these. Can you imagine everytime you fired up your quad and it has to run updates for 5 to 20 minuites? Or better yet, when you go to land you get a prompt "Are you sure you want to land?"

-Dog

2015-6-11
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Totally agree. It's an awesome machine.
Aperture cannot be adjusted though.
2015-6-11
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Really happy with my P3 Pro, it really is enjoyable to fly and I can not praise it enough.
2015-6-11
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

Yeah... the aperture isn't adjustable. I thought it was. Would be nice.
2015-6-11
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

Just another Quad Noobie here..... Ive been flying R/C planes for over 20 years, gliders, foamies, electrics and jets too. Got my P3 Pro about a month ago and have been flying ever since. With the exception of the gimbal not being level, the Phantom has performed Flawlessly. I started out on beginner mode and slowly worked my way through the learning curve and have 86 flights, 286,000ft/ or 54 miles for a total flight time of more than 8 hours and 45 minutes under my belt. It was kinda tough running on 1 battery for a while but, i now have 3 batteries and i am waiting for another to come in a few days. Ive had my P3 flying up to 41mph with a tail wind and she does just as well in a head wind at 21mph. I live on the Island of Maui, Hawaii and have some epic places to fly with incredible views and up slope vistas where i have unobstructed views for miles. After reading so many posts about how far people are flying I decided to do some distance testing also. Last week I went 2.3 miles out and 2.5 miles back and still had 35% battery life left when I got back home, never lost video or transmitter signals. In fact, I lost a bar or two and then I held the transmitter about chest high and the signals returned to full strength at my farthest point. As a Professional Photographer, I am now waiting on my filter set so I can take some awesome images. Updates can be a pain in the butt and breaking in the batteries isn't much fun either. Sure, it was quite a wait to get the product and the batteries and the Customer Service needs work but....DJI HAS KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH THIS PHANTOM 3 OWNER!!
2015-6-12
Use props
dji.trracer
lvl.1

Sweden

Took my first flight with my P3A today and it was an awsome experience.
Have previously only flown small stuff (I have a CX-10 and a Hubsan X4 FPV), but it seems that the bigger they are the better they fly.

2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules