DJI Osmo Mobile 3 blinking yellow light gimbal not responding
28427 69 2019-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vuurrood Veiligheid
New

Netherlands

I'm also having all the issues that are coming across this thread. DJI support is absolutely useless.
2020-6-9
Use props
Vuurrood Veiligheid
New

Netherlands

Guga Posted at 3-27 06:20
Hi,

I was able to fix the issue today. Mine was blinking yellow and displaying an empty battery. No reset would solve the issue. I reset the bluetooth in a specific way and it's working now.

I tried this multiple times on my iPhone 8, my osmo mob 3 just turns off after holding the 3 buttons for a while. it didn't change anything for me. The light just keeps blinking yellow.
2020-6-9
Use props
agungak
lvl.1
Indonesia

somone need to bump this thread on another forum, seems dji dont care about this subforum
like firmware and update, since this symptomp appear after upgrading firmware
2020-6-12
Use props
misterjay
lvl.1

United States

DJI Please fix your software. I am very close to just buying your competitor's product.
2020-6-12
Use props
nivius
New
Italy

I've exactly the same problem on my Huawei P20 pro. Blinking yellow led, low battery even if on full charge, several attempts of booting/pairing brings to nothing, support completely useless, DJI where the f**k are you?
2020-6-24
Use props
FishFilet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346135 ft
United States

I have had this happen to me twice now and so far I have been able to fix it easily with the following steps.

1. Turn off the Osmo Mobile 3
2. Fold the Osmo into it storage state
3. Turn on the Osmo while it is still folded
4. Unfold the Osmo and take it out of standby by pressing the trigger twice or pressing the M button three times.

I have always done this while my phone was mounted it may work without the phone mounted as well. It seems like this happens when the Osmo is put into standby and then turned off instead of just turning it off but I have not verified this with enough incidents as I have only had my Osmo Mobile 3 for two days.

EDIT:
OK, the Osmo seems to be having this issue now almost every time I try to use it after it has been off for an extended period of time. It does not seem to matter if it is in standby when I power it off.

The fix above seems to work every time so no big deal. Hopefully, this will be addressed in a firmware update.

2020-7-1
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-9-30 19:33
Hi there, were you able to activate the Osmo Mobile 3? Blinking yellow means the Bluetooth was not connected, please do not connect to Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth in your Bluetooth Settings, make sure you connect via DJI Mimo to see if it helps.

Even if you choose to "forget this device" in the iPhone Bluetooth settings, and you open up the Mimo app, it still tries to connect through the Mimo app.  Once you select "pair", it will appear in your iPhone Bluetooth settings as OM3-XXXXXX-4 (4 being the four separate times I have tried to pair this phone to the OSMO 3).  Still the yellow/green light keeps flashing, the Gimbal battery icon still shows red (even though the Gimbal itself shows 3 lights).  None of the controls work and this is highly frustrating to spend the $140 for a DJI product that does not work as you would imagine it should.

Any help?
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_RvLveqcwzurW
lvl.1

Philippines

I guess this is just something that we have to live with, a faulty product by DJI. I actually loved my osmo 3. Bought it new in hongkong then came back to the philippines, used it for 5 times then when the covid outbreak came i kept in the safe for 3 months. So now i decided to use it again, i charged it fully. Then when i turned it on, the only idication it showed is the yellow flashing light, no sound when turning it on or off anymore, it connected to my phone just fine but the gimbal was unresponsive, it just flopped around. Buttons dont work anymore, i couldnt update the firmware. the in app battery indicator was red and when i tried to use the screen button to capture pictures to test whther the gimbal was broken, it said “osmo disconnected” which is not true since i already connected it to my bluetooth. I reset and did everything that customer service suggested but nothing worked. Its just a realllyyy problematic device.
2020-7-10
Use props
Shan MA
New

India

I am facing same problem. Yellow light is blinking and no connection with mobile. I tried iphone 11pro and Mi 7pro. Issue remains same.  Following steps have not helped,

Restarting Gimbal.
Resetting Gimbal by pressing 3 buttons.
Restarting bluetooth on phones

However after 10 -15 mins keeping it on it turns green and phone starts responding.  Its irritating when you want to use Gimbal you need to wait for 20 -30 mins without knowing if yellow will turn to green.
@DJI support, can you look into this and provide a fix through a firmware update ?
2020-7-22
Use props
agungak
lvl.1
Indonesia

Any update? I and my friend bought it in the same time and only mine which has yellow blinking issue. I suspect this happen because I do the firmware update. Can you help us to rollback the firmware to default version?
2020-7-25
Use props
billouparis
lvl.1
France

fans8e38fe81 Posted at 2019-10-15 08:11
While I’m connected it shows Osmo mobile 3 have no battery in red.
Attached photos

Exact same issue here. Deconnect all, reconnect all. Turn the gimbal after the phone is mounted and balanced.
2020-7-30
Use props
billouparis
lvl.1
France

jessie_arnob Posted at 3-20 18:21
hello  

i have the same problem any body got it fixed? i cant even contant support cause of coronavirus. their support is closed

I reset everything, including forgetting/unpairing the device on my BT mobile settings. Uninstall resinstall app on the mobile aso. Eventually it worked.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_UdXbWtFIrdFu
New

United Kingdom

I had the same issue and contacted the service support.

Here is their answer:

Upon checking your concern, you have rotated the gimbal then powered on the Osmo Mobile 3 and you held the gimbal horizontally that make the gimbal go to sleep mode. In this case, please hold the gimbal vertically or place it to the flat surface and make sure the gimbal is not rotated. Also, make sure that the mobile phone is balanced properly.
You can check the video on how to balance the gimbal on YouTube.

It worked first time.
Good day!
2020-8-18
Use props
ravecoin
New

Poland

Ya know lads what I did?
-Ive read the manual. It said that blinking yellow light means the device in standby mode. - NOT BLUETOOTH CORRELATION
-Ive read the functions of M button: "...triple press M button to turn of standby mode" (I used to use the short press function before...)
-Ive pressed 3 times M button and the light went from blinking to static yellow (gimbal jiggled a little as I didnt had my phone mounted) - which on the other hand means Bluetooth not connected.
-Ive connected the BT and works like a charm :]
2020-9-27
Use props
IonutD
New

Japan

I experienced this for long time until I fully drained my OM3 and it all started working after I plugged it into the charger. So you may want to try to drain it first (by using it as a powerbank).
One more thing which may have helped is to run the app in airplane mode with bluetooth enabled (DJI customer support recommended I remove access to wifi/cell data for the apps however you cant remove wifi access on iphone).

2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_5uBKuXcFUvfD
lvl.1

Argentina

IonutD Posted at 10-2 08:34
I experienced this for long time until I fully drained my OM3 and it all started working after I plugged it into the charger. So you may want to try to drain it first (by using it as a powerbank).
One more thing which may have helped is to run the app in airplane mode with bluetooth enabled (DJI customer support recommended I remove access to wifi/cell data for the apps however you cant remove wifi access on iphone).

Thank! It work for le too.
2020-10-11
Use props
djiuser_ejGPOlRkaUSr
New

Ireland

Polater Posted at 4-8 01:14
Hello,
I tried all these steps.
at step 4 , it is sayıng to reset blutooth by pressing 3 button but Not Working.

Same issue here.

I am using the P30 Pro and have been unable to update the firmware for over 6 months now.  Resulting in the Osmo 3 being left in its case.  I tried to update the firmware again this evening, but still receiving the same "Failed to update firmware. (10006)" error message.

Maybe DJI have discontinued support for this device.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_yN2pAIMWB31T
New

Dominican Republic

fans8e38fe81 Posted at 2019-10-15 08:11
While I’m connected it shows Osmo mobile 3 have no battery in red.
Attached photos

Yooo, how did you solve this issue. I am having it always after I purchased it New... help me please...
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_yN2pAIMWB31T
New

Dominican Republic

djiuser_ejGPOlRkaUSr Posted at 11-29 15:34
Same issue here.

I am using the P30 Pro and have been unable to update the firmware for over 6 months now.  Resulting in the Osmo 3 being left in its case.  I tried to update the firmware again this evening, but still receiving the same "Failed to update firmware. (10006)" error message.

The gimbal can not get activated, the motors don't work, I am frustrated, any news?
2020-11-29
Use props
Vaalpens
lvl.1
South Africa

FishFilet Posted at 7-1 08:31
I have had this happen to me twice now and so far I have been able to fix it easily with the following steps.

1. Turn off the Osmo Mobile 3

Hi

Just to share.
Slow blinking yellow light means standby mode, not a bluetooth issue.. so the info from FishFilet helped.

thanks
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_R9iOvMI7mxtd
New

United States

Hi I’m having issues w my mobile 3 I have not used it for over a year
The flashing yellow light is still there
2021-1-26
Use props
SDK27
New

United States

I was having the same issue (as I was getting ready to film a client's house).
After an hour of troubleshooting, I found a place where I could clear the cache and, once I did that, it fired right up no problem!

In the DJI app tap the person icon (bottom right)
Then the nut icon (top right)
Select Clear Cache from the menu
Then Clear All at the bottom and OK in the pop out

Like I said, once I did this, it worked perfectly again. Hopefully it won't happen again now. This bug really needs to be fixed in a new update. The amount of people experiencing the issue is unacceptable.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_PvQQyld32XjY
New
Flight distance : 1988 ft
Belgium

Hi, I was having a similar problem like a lot of people. flashing yellow light and unresponsive gimbal, could connect to the app. I had it intermittently. So when I would go trough the obvious steps like resetting bluetooth, unpairing and pairing it again, reinstalling the app, etc everything you could think to fix a bluetooth connection. It would seem like it was in standby mode. So I finally contacted dji support and sent it in for repair. Now my problem with the unit had a problem with the roll axis esc. I've wasted a lot of time troubleshooting myself or browsing forums like this one for a solution because it seemed a software problem. Don't be like me, if the obvious troubleshooting steps don't work, stop wasting your time and contact the online support. I could not find any other person reporting this so this could be a unique problem with mine. I otherwise love the gimbal
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_7vyL7LyVq0DF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567156 ft
Peru

azxczxccccccc
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_7vyL7LyVq0DF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567156 ft
Peru

Any solution with level battery in RED and do not Work the OM3!!??
2021-8-12
Use props
ralizop
New

India

Is there any update about this error or how to fix this ? i'm curious to know. techzpod mobdro
2021-11-5
Use props
Fixer888
lvl.1

Philippines

I FIXED IT! AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING IVE FINALLY DECIDED TO HACK OPEN MY OSMO 3 MOBILE, IT WAS BOUND FOR THE TRASH ANYWAYS SINCE THE YELLOW LIGHT ISSUE. it wasn’t at all practical to get it fixed in DJI since its an old model. Repairs would cost more than just buying a new one. So here it is a fully working osmo 3 I just opened it, pressed the wires, and the battery cable in and viola! Yellow light gone, osmo fully working. No need to buy a new one. But remember, be careful when prying it open cause you might damage the cables, mine was already out of warranty, if your device is still under warranty, might as well go get it fixed, if ur planning on throwing it out already, do what I did and press tge cables firmly onto the board. YOU ARE WELCOME!
2022-1-25
Use props
Fixer888
lvl.1

Philippines

Fixer888 Posted at 1-25 04:48
[view_image]

I FIXED IT! AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING IVE FINALLY DECIDED TO HACK OPEN MY OSMO 3 MOBILE, IT WAS BOUND FOR THE TRASH ANYWAYS SINCE THE YELLOW LIGHT ISSUE. it wasn’t at all practical to get it fixed in DJI since its an old model. Repairs would cost more than just buying a new one. So here it is a fully working osmo 3 I just opened it, pressed the wires, and the battery cable in and viola! Yellow light gone, osmo fully working. No need to buy a new one. But remember, be careful when prying it open cause you might damage the cables, mine was already out of warranty, if your device is still under warranty, might as well go get it fixed, if ur planning on throwing it out already, do what I did and press tge cables firmly onto the board. YOU ARE WELCOME!

Make sure to reconnect the ribbon cable for the trigger
2022-1-25
Use props
Orlangur
New

Latvia

Hi guys. I've just found this topic while looking for the blinking yellow light issue. So it appears that I have managed to find a fix for it.

While I was trying to reset the device and connect it via the bluetooth or Mimo app I noticed that every time I connect it the last number in the name of the device was changing.
So apparently every attempt to connect the device counts as a totally new device for the app and stores it into the cashe. Somehow this duplication messes with the bluetooth settings so the app is looking for the different device instead the real one.

Here is what I did:

1. I've hard reset my gimbal with simultaneously pressing the M+Shutter+Trigger for several seconds (the lights will turn off by then).
2. I've cleared all the cashes of the Mimo app and properly deleted it from the phone.
3. Did the new clear install of the Mimo app
4. Connected the gimbal as new device.

Now it all works. Hopefully someone will find it useful.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_US4faGhDVCPl
New

Luxembourg

djiuser_UdXbWtFIrdFu Posted at 2020-8-18 02:36
I had the same issue and contacted the service support.

Here is their answer:
How I did to solve:
1. Having OSMO 3 fold and phone on it
2. Start it
3. Unfold
4. Keep it vertically
4b. Continue to read this forum
4c. MIRACLE ! It’s green now !
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now