Is the Inspire 1 with 3510H motors the fastest?
2420 11 2019-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Is the Inspire 1 with 3510H motors the fastest drone DJI offers?  Newer does not mean faster.  I've been looking at people's top speeds and the Inspire 1 with 3510H motors seems to be the fastest.
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. I hope that our DJI Inspire co pilots will be able to share there record speeds. In addition as of the moment the DJI Inspire 2 is one of the fastest DJI drones made with the motor model of DJI 3512 has a maximum speed of 58 mph or 94 kph ( Sport mode ). For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the specifications and overview of the DJI Inspire 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-9-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-29 10:20
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. I hope that our DJI Inspire co pilots will be able to share there record speeds. In addition as of the moment the DJI Inspire 2 is one of the fastest DJI drones made with the motor model of DJI 3512 has a maximum speed of 58 mph or 94 kph ( Sport mode ). For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the specifications and overview of the DJI Inspire 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

I understand but people were posting speeds of greater than 90mph+ on the Inspire 1.  The fastest Inspire 2 telemetry I could find was just over 75mph.

If people look at posted manufacture specs alone they will miss out on the actual performance data.

Also, 150m altitude restriction zones on the Inspire 1 line do not exist like they do on the Inspire 2, P4, M2, Spark, M200 etc.  The authorization zones and red zones are less abundant than they are too on the DJI Flight Restriction map which is also a plus.

Do you know if the ESCs of the Pro and V2.0 are the same?
2019-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Why would you want the fastest?
(just curious)
2019-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 00:58
Why would you want the fastest?
(just curious)

Because you can keep up with anything and it won't outrun you.

The P4 and M2 slow down when the winds start to hit it then it stays in Limp mode.
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-30 08:04
Because you can keep up with anything and it won't outrun you.

The P4 and M2 slow down when the winds start to hit it then it stays in Limp mode.

I usually don't like the video output when flying very fast.
It does not feel that cinematic to me
2019-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 22:16
I usually don't like the video output when flying very fast.
It does not feel that cinematic to me

Naturally fast drone may deliver stunning footage of Tokyo - Osaka train swooshing below ...
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-30 22:54
Naturally fast drone may deliver stunning footage of Tokyo - Osaka train swooshing below ...

Gheghegheghe.
That would be awesome.
I wonder what ND filter you would need for those speeds
2019-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 23:06
Gheghegheghe.
That would be awesome.
I wonder what ND filter you would need for those speeds

Now I'm confused ... Why would you consider different density filter? The rule of shutter speed twice the frame rate remains the same regardless. Assuming done speed matching the bullet train speed, anything else in the frame will be blurred beyond recognition anyway ...
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-30 23:30
Now I'm confused ... Why would you consider different density filter? The rule of shutter speed twice the frame rate remains the same regardless. Assuming done speed matching the bullet train speed, anything else in the frame will be blurred beyond recognition anyway  ...

Exactly my point.
So I would leave it out completely.
If you want to fly that fast and still have something like a sharp image.
That would be impossible I think.
2019-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 23:33
Exactly my point.
So I would leave it out completely.
If you want to fly that fast and still have something like a sharp image.

I'm confused even more ... This kind of filming is widely used in action movies: camera focused on chased vehicle, galloping horse, running cheetah, whatever object should catch our attention. Remaining content of the frame is irrelevant, the more blurred the better ...
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-30 23:44
I'm confused even more ... This kind of filming is widely used in action movies: camera focused on chased vehicle, galloping horse, running cheetah, whatever object should catch our attention. Remaining content of the frame is irrelevant, the more blurred the better ...

OP usually wants the sharpest image.
So don't take my comment without a large quantity of salt ;)
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules