DJI FPV Remote Controller (RC) & Simulator Cable ?
7908 9 2019-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys,

Hoping one of you can confirm/verify something for me.  I'm thinking about purchasing the "DJI FPV Remote Controller" to start learnign to fly FPV drones.  I'm going to use the Flight Simulator software 'Liftoff' and appears DJI does NOT currently sell the simulator cable

I'll need to connect the RC (Remote Controller) to my PC (Windows).  From the DJI FPV System User Manual appears the connection goes from #7 (Simulator PPM Port) into my PC.  

I found a few cables out on the internet but wondering if anyone can actually confirm one they know works?  Just want to get the right one......

What I found on Amazon:
    - https://amzn.to/2mVazdn
    - https://amzn.to/2nSilEQ

Thank you in advance,
Ron

1.jpg
2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what is the best cable to use from our valued DJI members who had bought the said simulator cable. Thank you.
2019-9-30
Use props
LordLosh
New

I bought a cable like the 1st one you show in the link. Does not work for me. The computer recognizes it but it will not calibrate. Gets stuck on center sticks. Serious one of the hardest things I have ever done is get a flipping controller to work for this crappy simulator "liftoff" so I can practice flying my 1400 investment. Flipping stupid.
2019-9-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

LordLosh Posted at 9-30 18:20
I bought a cable like the 1st one you show in the link. Does not work for me. The computer recognizes it but it will not calibrate. Gets stuck on center sticks. Serious one of the hardest things I have ever done is get a flipping controller to work for this crappy simulator "liftoff" so I can practice flying my 1400 investment. Flipping stupid.

Thank you for responding.  Yeah, this is what I wanted to avoid.  Ordering a cable for the 'DJI FPV Controller' and it doesn't work.

DJI should really be able to provide a link or recommend a specific cable for their controller.  Especially if they're not selling one.  It shouldn't be up to 'us' the customer to figure out what's going to work with their hardware.  Com'on DJI you can do better than this!!
2019-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-30 10:08
Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what is the best cable to use from our valued DJI members who had bought the said simulator cable. Thank you.

DJI, to date the forum members have NOT been able to confirm a cable that is guaranteed to work with the simulator software.  

Can you please forward to your support team so they can recommend a validated and tested cable for us to use.  If your going to provide the FPV Controller than you've also got to sell us the cable.  

2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-2 07:24
DJI, to date the forum members have NOT been able to confirm a cable that is guaranteed to work with the simulator software.  

Can you please forward to your support team so they can recommend a validated and tested cable for us to use.  If your going to provide the FPV Controller than you've also got to sell us the cable.

Thank you for the additional information you have given. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you.
2019-10-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 15:27
Thank you for the additional information you have given. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you.

DJI,

I just put together a video on a Simulator Cable I confirmed as working for the 'DJI FPV Remote Controller'.  Hopefully, you can also promote this video so others buying your Controller will know where to get a working SIM Cable.   

Regards,
Ron
2019-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-6 16:41
DJI,

I just put together a video on a Simulator Cable I confirmed as working for the 'DJI FPV Remote Controller'.  Hopefully, you can also promote this video so others buying your Controller will know where to get a working SIM Cable.   

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us Ron. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-10-8
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-8 08:38
Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us Ron. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI. Thank you for your valued support.

Anytime...thank you again for the response.  
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-8 10:01
Anytime...thank you again for the response.

You are very much welcome Ron. I am very glad to be of help. If you have any other inquiries, concerns or suggestions. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules