Osmo Action sound unusable with water sports.
905 4 2019-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft

I have a osmo action, and use it for  body surfing and spearfishing with it attached to my mask.
The sound is really bad, to the point where I can use it at all. It sounds like it has been recorded
at a volume that is way to high. Bodysurfing is especially bad. I cant use the sound in any of my videos.
I cant find any way to adjust the recording volume. I have turned wind reduction on and off, no difference.
Is there something I am missing in the settings?

Thanks,
Marcus.
2019-10-1
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

How is the sound when not mounted to your mask ?

Maybe it’s mounted in such a position relative to the mic that the mask creates a reflection / resonance to the sound.  Worth trying a difference position.
2019-10-1
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft

no real way to change position. Had a look today, there is a fair amount of space between OA and mask, same as when its attached to my bodysurfing board.
Gopro mounts lift it off a fair bit. I noticed today the start up tune sounds a bit off as well might have to ask DJI directly??
2019-10-1
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

I would still ask how the sound recorded is, away from water - does it sound ok when recording yourself in the house say ?   If it’s still distorted / too loud , you definitely know there is a problem and return the product.

If it only happens around water then that’s another problem, which still may require a return but I’d personally fault find step at a time.

2019-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Maybe the Gopro mic patents are too strong.
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules