DJI Ground Station App
3330 22 2015-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adsser
lvl.1

United States

Does the DJI Ground Station App work with the Inspire 1?
2015-6-10
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

It does not.

DJI has said it will become available but has not given a release date.  The rumor mill is circulating the rumor that DJI will never actually make Ground Station available for the Inspire but will depend instead on third-party developers making equivalent functionality available via the SDK.

DJI representative Tahoe_Ed, who posts here frequently, believes Ground Station WILL be available from DJI but that it is still a few months out.

In short: no one knows for sure.
2015-6-10
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79495 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry for possibly asking a stupid question but are you guys talking about the new hardware there looking to roll out which you can clip the I1 camera to and use it as a ground camera???
2015-6-10
Use props
adsser
lvl.1

United States

No, sorry mate. The DJI Ground Station is a software app.
2015-6-10
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

There are those people of autoflightlogic "autoflightlogic.com", that are developing a great program that will autocontrol your inspire1, they already have the app for phantom2v3, with i tried and works great. Now in betatest for inspire1 and phantom3
2015-6-10
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

Looks like 3DR Solo (See:  http://3drobotics.com/ )  is serious competition to the Inspire & DJI may want to rethink their "timeline" for ground station.
2015-6-10
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

jamesramsay81@h Posted at 2015-6-11 08:10
Sorry for possibly asking a stupid question but are you guys talking about the new hardware there lo ...

James,

Ground Station is a software application that allows you to preprogram the route you want your aircraft to fly.  So if you're shooting video (for instance) and you want a complex difficult-to-navigate route flown, you can set it up in advance rather than having to free-form it.  Then the aircraft will execute the preprogrammed flight according to the waypoints you've created.  Ground Station was "due out soon" when the Inspire went on sale in November.  We're still waiting.
2015-6-10
Use props
offtosleep
lvl.1

United States

Since DJI promised it, lets hope they deliver.  There are plenty of us who are tired or empty promises
2015-6-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-11 09:43
There are those people of autoflightlogic "autoflightlogic.com", that are developing a great program ...

They are one of the SDK developers that are developing Apps for the Inspire and the P3'S Professional and Advanced.  It is happening.  DJI may also step in.  I am not sure right now.
2015-6-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 13:18
They are one of the SDK developers that are developing Apps for the Inspire and the P3'S Professio ...

This is something I really don´t need the way I intend to use my inspire ... but I am curious about it.

If developed by a third party ... do this mean they need to do a complete new "pilot app" or is it implemented to the DJI pilot app?

2015-6-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah I am hoping the Groundstation when released for the Inspire is integrated into the current DJI Pilot App.  
2015-6-11
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

O man, this seems to be going around in decending spirals!  And, quickly!  From empty promises, to newly established expectations, to the introduction of 3rd parties, now to whether it will be an integrated or seperate app!  Man, I bought my I1 because of this feature!
2015-6-11
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-11 20:40
O man, this seems to be going around in decending spirals!  And, quickly!  From empty promises, to n ...

Most of us did

Sold on lies
2015-6-11
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-11 09:43
There are those people of autoflightlogic "autoflightlogic.com", that are developing a great program ...

That is some really cool stuff. I really hope they come out with something for the Inspire 1
2015-6-11
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

I am amazed that anyone actually cares so much about this. Have the expensive version for my S1000 and used it once. Beside for fun, what work would anyone do using this?  Would this auto flight not breech insurance and transport Canada laws?  I prefer to fly and stay in control.
2015-6-13
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those that have phantom 2 look into Litchi for Phantom2 .It is for Android not sure if is for iPhones.
2015-6-13
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shadrack Posted at 2015-6-13 20:08
I am amazed that anyone actually cares so much about this. Have the expensive version for my S1000 a ...

Being able to fly a good grid allows for capturing images with a defined amount of overlap (both front & side). With good overlap in the 70-80% range, computer software can do tie point matching/extraction and can be used to generate high resolution 3d models similar to a LIDAR scanner.  This is the future of aerial mapping/survey.....
2015-6-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Litchi for Phantom 2    -   Has anyone used this.  Feedback would be good.
2015-6-20
Use props
laurence.dougla
New
Flight distance : 25302 ft
Australia

I have to admit that as much as I am enjoying my P3 Pro I am also very disappointed. One of the reasons I bought it was the GPS waypoint flying or Ground Station! To now find that DJI can't even give me an estimated time frame for the introduction of this software! What I find astonishing is that it is already available on their previous model, the P2 V+?
This must be very damaging to their reputation and will surely lead to a loss of their competitive edge as other manufacturers develop similar applications.
I urge DJI to speed up the release of Ground Station for P3 owners who have already invested in this technology without actually getting it!
2015-7-10
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft

Agree with you Laurence,

But this has been one of the forum main topic since 8 months and nothing happened yet.
We are expecting a new beta test next week, and hope that it will be part of it...
Wait and see.

happy landings
2015-7-10
Use props
Lawrence Casey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As a solo operator, I'm definitely for it. There have been several opportunities during past flights when I could have utilised a function like this to help fly around/ over objects of interest leaving me free to focus on camera movements.

That said, not having this ability has certainly forced me to perfect smooth-motion transitions and improve my flying skills.
2015-8-20
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

Lawrence Casey Posted at 2015-8-20 11:01
As a solo operator, I'm definitely for it. There have been several opportunities during past flights ...

I think anyone wanting to do "Paid" serious work would do it right.
I use a camera operator, and have an operations manager for the ground control.  He is the boss, checks wind, time, etc.
When someone is paying you thousands of dollars, you don't try to scrimp and do it with one person in my eyes.  No way a single operator can do what a team can do.
2015-9-9
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79495 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-10 21:39
James,

Ground Station is a software application that allows you to preprogram the route you want  ...

Ah  I see. Thank you for that answer!
2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules