Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jitters. lot of jitters
1865 19 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Hello, I've been using dji products since 2016 and never had any issue with them until I bought Ronin-SC.
I had Ronin-S and it worked perfectly but I dicided to swap it for SC. And I did.
But unfortunately I faced with unusable footage this gimbal gives. Crazy Jitters and shakiness.
There were alredy 2 firmware updates since I've bought it and non of them fixed the problem.
I've tried different combinations of settings, motor parameters, calibrations and etc.
Some of these combinations slightly improves situation but non of them solves it.
I'm using sony a7iii and Sigma 16 mm 1.4. When I'm using lens without optical stabilization (Samyang 45 mm 1.8) the footage looks even worse
I've noticed that the maximum level of jitters comes up when you moving forward or backwards.
When you moving the gimbal in others directions and angles (especially in the footage looks pretty good and jitters almost dissapear.
Almost but not at all.
I guess my copy of gimbal is just defected as many others, because I see a lot of posts about this problem.
So I want DJI to give me a feedback on this issue and to solve my (and many others) problem  with your product.

2019-10-2
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

2019-10-2
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

2019-10-2
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Especially in FPV mode*
2019-10-2
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>

I have the same issue. Even after service((
2019-10-2
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Tima_007 Posted at 10-2 12:48
I have the same issue. Even after service((

after service u mean u got your gimbal repaired or replaced?
2019-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Ronin-SC isn't powerful enough to hold the A7 III.  The Ronin-S is designed to hold smaller cameras like the A6400.
2019-10-2
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

AntDX316 Posted at 10-2 15:05
Ronin-SC isn't powerful enough to hold the A7 III.  The Ronin-S is designed to hold smaller cameras like the A6400.

dude, weight difference between a6400 and a7iii is 250 grams, so u obviously don't have any idea what u talking about
Especially when a7iii is in compatible list
2019-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

kid_stardust999 Posted at 10-2 22:42
dude, weight difference between a6400 and a7iii is 250 grams, so u obviously don't have any idea what u talking about
Especially when a7iii is in compatible list

2000lbs of people in a Prius is compatible too.
2019-10-3
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>

The Sigma 16mm 1.4 doesn't have built in stabilisation, just your A7iii body does. Is this on or off?
2019-10-3
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

SLiWooDy Posted at 10-3 07:30
The Sigma 16mm 1.4 doesn't have built in stabilisation, just your A7iii body does. Is this on or off?

Alright, it doesn't. But this lens was absolutely stable and gave smooth footage on Ronin-S.
Footage was buttery smooth even running!
Of course Steady Shot is on
It doesn't matter if your lens has optical stabilization or it has not - Gimbal gotta do its work - STABILIZE
2019-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Hard to give a definite cause from just these video's.
The weight should be well below the SC's limit (total weight about 1kg, where the SC should be able to handle up to 2 kg)
First thing that comes to my mind is balancing, but I guess you will have figured that out yourself too.
But with the less powerful motors of the SC (compared to the S) that will be way more important.
Now you should have steadyshot ON indeed. Gimbals are not designed to compensate the small movements very well. (there are a lot of video's on yt about this topic).
One of the reasons I sold my gimbal (not DJI btw), is because I don't have body or lens stabilization in any of my lenses / body's and I could not rely on the gimbal.
But you had that on, so it leaves me with the device itself.
Especially since the S did give you good performance.
Do you still have the S to do a comparison?
2019-10-3
Use props
Gerard_C
lvl.1

we got the same prob too but mine is when I pan up and down there's  a lot of shakes going on. I got an a6000 and sigma30mm 1.4 setup. Perfectly balanced on all axes and have the motors auto tuned.
2019-10-3
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Montfrooij Posted at 10-3 11:08
Hard to give a definite cause from just these video's.
The weight should be well below the SC's limit (total weight about 1kg, where the SC should be able to handle up to 2 kg)
First thing that comes to my mind is balancing, but I guess you will have figured that out yourself too.

I sold my S to buy SC cuz my setups are quite lightweight
A little bit over 1 kilo with max payload of 2
U all keep saying about SC less powerful motors but it has to do its job anyway.
Because I'm using compatible camera and overall weight of the whole setup is significantly less than gimbal's limit
2019-10-3
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Gerard_C Posted at 10-3 11:58
we got the same prob too but mine is when I pan up and down there's  a lot of shakes going on. I got an a6000 and sigma30mm 1.4 setup. Perfectly balanced on all axes and have the motors auto tuned.

Have u reached DJI's support? What did they tell you?
2019-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

kid_stardust999 Posted at 10-3 13:12
I sold my S to buy SC cuz my setups are quite lightweight
A little bit over 1 kilo with max payload of 2
U all keep saying about SC less powerful motors but it has to do its job anyway.

Yeah, it is.
All I'm saying is that the S has more powerful motors and balancing is not that critical.
The SC has less powerful motors and you should be extra careful with the balancing.
But other than that, I don't know what you can do except contact support or hope somebody has a fix!
2019-10-3
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>

kid_stardust999 Posted at 10-2 13:33
after service u mean u got your gimbal repaired or replaced?

Gimbal returt to me with repleced central control board.
Work with same issues
2019-10-4
Use props
kid_stardust999
lvl.1

Tima_007 Posted at 10-4 04:40
Gimbal returt to me with repleced central control board.
Work with same issues

that's ridiculous!
2019-10-4
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>

Is it possible that lens is too long, making the setup front-heavy? I have found that some combinations with my cameras and lenses, though within the Ronin SC's weight limits, don't work well when the lens is long and heavier on the front end.
2019-10-5
Use props
fans079c1359
lvl.1
Germany

Moni Johnson Posted at 2019-10-5 02:22
Is it possible that lens is too long, making the setup front-heavy? I have found that some combinations with my cameras and lenses, though within the Ronin SC's weight limits, don't work well when the lens is long and heavier on the front end.

I think the problem is one of mechanical stability. The arms flex and vibrate. I do not think there is an electronic solution here.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules