Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action vs Hero 8 Black
1419 4 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

Watching the ads for the Hero 8 Black the thing that I saw that I wish the Osmo Action had was Live Streaming.

DJI really I think the Osmo Action could stand tall against the Hero 8 Black in features if only you would get Live Streaming into the Mimo app.

Why has this not happened yet?

Did anyone else notice anything about the Hero 8 Black that you wish the Osmo Action had?

2019-10-2
Use props
peiter
lvl.4

Well what you ask for, i couldn't care less for but that's the wonderful thing with the world.

I like the GP8 can do hyperlapse on its own, and apparently variable, so maybe all the way down to regular video when you are completely stationary, also like you can exit that with a press of a "button"
And really hyperlapse i care as much for as ability to stream,,,, but it is still neat.
I don't get how that cage interact with the camera itself, and if it is waterproof, but i think not as it have a exposed HDMI and USB, if dji made a cage that would seal on the camera body, you could tap into the USB port in the camera, and then pass that on to a hot shoe ( if you can waterproof one of those, say with a dummy you slide into it when you don't need external mic or light or whatever )
IMO what GP offer with the cage are just what accessory companies have offered for the GP7 + a little spice like the build in MIC.
Otherwise its just a cage i think.
It is nice they have made their EIS better and supported in all resolutions ASO, that's pretty neat having everything work everywhere.
I would like to see slower slowmo in the OA2, 1080 at 480 FPS would blow my mind, and maybe 1000 FPS for 1-2 second bursts.
But really most of all i wish OA2 would deploy a more serious sensor.
And if dji don't want to make OA2 bigger to host a serious battery, at least make the cage so it can do that, so you don't have to remember to charge your additional lights and or screen.
I would be fine with a camera that are somewhat larger than the current model, cuz if it come down to size the box shape of OA or GP cameras are too stupid and things lie mobius shaped cameras are much better.
you can not glue a GP or OA camera to the tip of a UL plane and fly it, but you could do that with a mobius shaped camera as it offer much less drag.

O and GP dropping the replaceable lens cover,,,,, that's a big minus in my book for a action camera.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bob. Thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the moment, the DJI Osmo Action doesn't have the Livestream feature since we don't have the option to select on DJI Mimo application. However, this suggestion is already been raised to our DJI R&D Team and they are now looking into it. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and updates on our website at https://www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-2
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

peiter Posted at 10-2 14:42
Well what you ask for, i couldn't care less for  but that's the wonderful thing with the world.

I like the GP8 can do hyperlapse on its own, and apparently variable, so maybe all the way down to regular video when you are completely stationary, also like you can exit that with a press of a "button"

Thanks for the good input.  You made a lot of good points.  My general feeling is that GP8 really didn't add much hardware wise.  Well a screen for VLOG but not built into the waterproof camera and at an extra cost.  They really should have gone for something like the OA has and as far as external sound goes it still requires an external adapter.  We shall see how it all works out.  At least DJI has a couple of months to give the OA a boost with firmware before the GP8 goes on sale.
2019-10-2
Use props
peiter
lvl.4

The local seller mailed me with the GP8 and it should be in store here in Denmark on the 15 of this month.
I got my OA the same place, and actually a day ahead of launch.
If the rumored new SOC are better at handling power, and so generating less heat, that's always good.
But personally i would like more rune times than both the GP cameras and our OA camera have, and i would prefer to not swap batteries.
If the OA was 10 - 15 mm wider, maybe 5 mm deeper and taller i would not mind if that gave me at least 2 hours run time, and i feel that's still plenty small to do fine in most "action" things i can think off.

The refinements in the GP8 are fine and all, but if you go by the rumors before launch i cant help but feel some people will be let down.
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules