Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 FPV Camera ND Filter
1844 10 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Millardo
lvl.3

Has anyone else struggled with the blown out FPV view when shooting at the beach in bright sun, or in snow conditions? The FPV view is unuseable in these environments.I have looked but can't seem to find even a mention about this. Does anyone manufacture an ND filter for the FPV camera on the Inspire 2? Am I the only operator bothered by this?

I carefully taped a tiny piece of ND film over the front of the lens and it made all the differnce in the world! It came off, as you would imagine, in about 10 minutes.

If you have made something, please share.

Chris
2019-10-2
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3

Seriously... No one?!

Tracking yachts this afternoon. Full sun and reflection off the water and couldn’t see ANYTHING useable on the FPV!

Horrible.
2019-10-4
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Hello... Anyone?
2020-3-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Relax, dude, you're on wrong forum, nerds aren't here ... Seriously, I don't believe anybody was considering such solution as viable or possible. Inspire's FPV camera was a joke since day one, I've seen better quality in elevator security systems. Finally, why don't you just glue this ND film with few drops of epoxy? Not too elegant, but who cares ...
2020-3-16
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-16 20:30
Relax, dude, you're on wrong forum, nerds aren't here  ... Seriously, I don't believe anybody was considering such solution as viable or possible. Inspire's FPV camera was a joke since day one, I've seen better quality in elevator security systems. Finally, why don't you just glue this ND film with few drops of epoxy? Not too elegant, but who cares ...

Matthew, you’re so right regarding the FPV camera on the I2!
I Can’t believe someone hasn’t figured out a better FPV solution, it’s not even talked about.
2020-3-16
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Its just balast and not really usable.
Only had to use it once in 3 years. Usually its not needed to fly in line of sight anyway.
2020-3-17
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Who tried to mount the new fpv Dji hd system on I2 ?
2020-3-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

You could always try using course / head-lock thus doing away with the need for fpv.

Mark G.
2020-3-20
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 3-20 06:19
You could always try using course / head-lock thus doing away with the need for fpv.

Mark G.

I use FPV when tracking a subject while the gimbal operator gets the shot. Almost always requiring more than single heading flight.
2020-3-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Millardo Posted at 3-20 08:51
I use FPV when tracking a subject while the gimbal operator gets the shot. Almost always requiring more than single heading flight.

To take advantage of fps camera during filming you need much, much better quality of image. Current implementation is mediocre due to limited bandwidth of transmission, therefore you'll need a completely different, independent HD system to transmit and receive. Such are used widely on fps acrobatic drones, although for very short distances usually. Without elaborate DIY mod it is what it is ...
2020-3-20
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for that Matthew.

I’m really interested in an HD FPV transmit and receive mod for an I2!

Anyone out there?
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules