Red Filter
4760 6 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

The new underwater housing does not allow for a red filter.  Does anyone know if there is a setting on the OSMO Action that will add RED Filter through the firmware of the camera?
2019-10-3
Use props
peiter
lvl.4

Yes in the new firmwares there are a underwater setting under AWB.
I also think someone made a screw on filter, that like ND / ND-cpl filters replace the original protective glass over the lens.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproo ... urple/dp/B07RXQ1MR3

2019-10-3
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>

peiter Posted at 10-3 05:31
Yes in the new firmwares there are a underwater setting under AWB.
I also think someone made a screw on filter, that like ND / ND-cpl filters replace the original protective glass over the lens.

Wow!  Do you happen to know if I replaced this Lens Cover for the factory Lens Cover, would it fit inside the new underwater housing?  Thanks for the information on the AWB Underwater Setting as well!
2019-10-4
Use props
peiter
lvl.4

No i am not sure if they are exact the same size as the original lens protector and so able to fit in the UW case, my freewell ND filters are the same as the original so i am sure they would fit inside that case if there was a use for ND filters underwater.
I think you will have to contact the manufacturer and ask.
I would assume they would fit, as it would be stupid to make it even larger than need be, but that's not knowing for sure.
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RichfromHowellNJ. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this red filters for the DJI Osmo Action from our valued DJI members who has the DJI Osmo Action camera. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend using 3rd party accessories when using the DJI Osmo Action. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said camera when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2019-10-5
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 08:37
Hello and good day RichfromHowellNJ. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this red filters for the DJI Osmo Action from our valued DJI members who has the DJI Osmo Action camera. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend using 3rd party accessories when using the DJI Osmo Action. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said camera when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.

Thank you for your input DJI Stephen!
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 10-7 19:21
Thank you for your input DJI Stephen!

You are very much welcome RichfromHowellNJ. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules