Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony Alpha 6400 with E PZ 18-105mm f4 G OSS
7276 11 2019-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rohitdrake
lvl.1

I am trying to balance Sony Alpha 6400 with E PZ 18-105mm f4 G OSS but i can't get it balance. Everytime i balance it, It get tilted downward. I even slided quick release plate to heaviest point but still result is same.
2019-10-3
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>

I have that exact set up but with a Small Rig cage around the 6400 and it balances perfectly. I guess the weight of the Small Rig cage off-sets the lens.
I have never tried to balance it without the cage on.
2019-10-3
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

SLiWooDy Posted at 10-3 07:25
I have that exact set up but with a Small Rig cage around the 6400 and it balances perfectly. I guess the weight of the Small Rig cage off-sets the lens.
I have never tried to balance it without the cage on.

Since my camera is getting tilted downward it means it is too heavy. If I add a cage than it will add more weight. Even on ronin sc compatibility list sony a6400 is compatible with 18-105mm. I am confused?
2019-10-3
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

Sony Alpha 6400 with E PZ 18-105mm f4 G OSS

Is Ronin-SC compatible following setup:
  • Sony Alpha 6400 with E PZ 18-105mm f4 G OSS
Accoring to a compatability list realeased by dji it is compatible. But i am unbale to balnce it and while balancing it get tilted downward. Even according to official website ronin sc can handle about 2 kg and given setup is almost half of that weight. Some users here are suggesting to use cage along with given setup but that will add even more weight to setup. I am totally confuesd and feeling cheated. I bought this gimble after going through compatibility list.
2019-10-3
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>

OK I took my SmallRig Cage off to see if it balances and it does, here is the settings you need. (this is with lens Hood on)

Camera Base Plate: Set to the "heavy" (furthest setting) , and the slider stopper on the plate just touching the number 0 on the gauge. (what would be -1 mm on the plate)
Mount Base Sledge: 21mm (the mount that the camera and plate sit on. moves left and right)
Upper TILT axis measurement : 35mm (Moves up and down, righthand side of the camera)
Lower PAN axis measurement: 16mm (just above the power button, moves forwards and backwards)

This gets an excellent on the Balance test.

THIS IS WITHOUT THE RISER PLATE! (it really could do with the riser plate as the zoom ring is touching the plate, but mine is out in the garage at the minute)
Let me know how you get on, or need help with the measurements.

cheers
Woody

2019-10-3
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

I also have no problem with balance a6300 and 18-105 with Smallrig.
2019-10-3
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

SLiWooDy Posted at 10-3 09:35
OK I took my SmallRig Cage off to see if it balances and it does, here is the settings you need. (this is with lens Hood on)

Camera Base Plate: Set to the "heavy" (furthest setting) , and the slider stopper on the plate just touching the number 0 on the gauge. (what would be -1 mm on the plate)

Thank you very very much Woody. I tried it without riser plate according to your instruction and it get balanced perfectly. I have no sufficient words to thank you, You went out of the way to help me. Thanks again. DJI community is awesome. Thanks again Woody.
2019-10-3
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

OK I took my SmallRig Cage off to see if it balances and it does, here is the settings you need. (this is with lens Hood on)

Camera Base Plate: Set to the "heavy" (furthest setting) , and the slider stopper on the plate just touching the number 0 on the gauge. (what would be -1 mm on the plate)

Woddy I have been able to balance it perfectly without riser plate but with riser plate it seems impossible. Please help me I am stuck.
2019-10-4
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

I have seen an official DJI video in which nearly identical a6300 balanced with 18-105 mm lens.Follwoing
is the link:
https://www.djivideos.com/watch/e6e2e03a-3a47-42f4-b27e-ea39802a35d2?autoplay=false&poster=
2019-10-4
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>

WIth the Riser plate attached below the camera, it will mean that you need to push the camera forward by about 5mm.
Set the Stopper on the camera plate to around 5mm.
I am at work at the moment but will try it when I get in.
2019-10-4
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

SLiWooDy Posted at 10-4 03:35
WIth the Riser plate attached below the camera, it will mean that you need to push the camera forward by about 5mm.
Set the Stopper on the camera plate to around 5mm.
I am at work at the moment but will try it when I get in.

Woody finally problem solved. Thanks a lot for help it could not have been possible without you. With the riser plate the trick is, we have to used only one bolt to attach it to the base plate and we have push camera backward such that the almost half of the riser plate is out of the base plate. Thanks again woody.
2019-10-4
Use props
rohitdrake
lvl.1

rohitdrake Posted at 10-4 04:35
Woody finally problem solved. Thanks a lot for help it could not have been possible without you. With the riser plate the trick is, we have to used only one bolt to attach it to the base plate and we have push camera backward such that the almost half of the riser plate is out of the base plate. Thanks again woody.

I am attaching some pictures to give an idea.
2019-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules